[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

This is an excellent mod, it's just that I'm tired of doing about 500 turns and then having the game crash, and then discover that when you reload from the autosave file, it still crashes.

Try going back to the previous Autosave file, as it sometimes crashes while saving and the save file will be corrupted. Possibly not due to the mod - but your systems memory.

I sometimes get Memory allocation errors when saving. Due I think to a faulty part of higher memory on my RAM chips.

At least that is what memtest seems to suggest.

I think you should ass TheLopez's immigration mod... so either its a fighting rebellion or else the peasants say they are unhappy and simply leave... they can then make a civilization not already in use or else go to another civ giving them tech info, religion or anything else u can think of

edboltz - From the amount that I've played this mod in it's various versions, the Demo unit has always been a little buggy... does the game CTD when you discover Railroad without having an active Demo unit in play? Try sending the team a savegame, that seems to help track down a lot of problems... Oh, and just so you know, Tech trading is intentionally disabled by default. Starting a custom game or custom scenario will allow you to enable tech trading for your game. :)

rwglaub - I know how you feel mate. At lot of longtime TR players have experienced similar pain with earlier versions of the mod when it was being developed for vanilla civ. Again, I'd suggest maybe sending a savegame file to one of the guys so that they can look at it and maybe determine any bugs/triggers to the CTD you're experiencing.

Yes, i'm playng and i like very much the mod.
Unfortunately, there are too much unrests and sometimes
i don't understand why...
I'm playing warrior or noble, but it's happens more in noble set.
Bye

While loading a save game (industrial era), I get the following python exception which doesn't seem to effect the game (that is, it doesn't CTD):

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 17, in writeDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1417, in write

File "CvWBDesc", line 1072, in write

File "CvWBDesc", line 749, in write

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getType'
ERR: Python function writeDesc failed, module CvWBInterface

Fantastic mod, though I would make a few changes;

1. Add collateral damage for frigates and ships of the line.
2. Enable tech trading.
3. Remove or change location of the sheep for England's starting location.
4. Gunboat Diplomacy: Maybe add an AI script where civs are more likely to grant Open Border agreements or relinquish resources when a strong naval presence is just off their cultural borders.
5. More accurate starting location for Spain. Madrid was not a coastal city.
6. Add horse resource for England.

(As you can probably tell, I like to play to as England. Britannia rules the waves! ;) )

Just wanted to add one more thing. Have you guys thought about adding the possibility of bombarding units causing structural damage to cities, i.e. certain buillding are sometimes destroyed when bombarded? Basically, what would happen in CivIII when units bombarded cities.

This mod is excellent! You guys have done a great job. Some things I like best about your work:

--The specialized units make the game look much more realistic
--I like the new resources (cotton, salt, etc)
--The inclusion of spy-like units early on is awesome and makes the game a bit more intellectual

You guys said you were looking for suggestions on new stuff to add. Here are a few ideas I had:

-- Changes to Existing Mod --
Like others I had a lot of issues with the Slavery, Classic Democracy, and Serfdom. Some suggestions on some more realistic ways to handle these guys:
- The chances of a rebellion occuring should be very low when a large military presence exists in a city and sky high when no units are stationed there. As a rule of thumb, the nation should need about half as many units as exist population in a city to have a zero percent chance of a major rebellion, with chances going up with fewer units.
- Slaves, even huge numbers of them, are not a disciplined army trained for combat and organized by a military leader. A real rebellion would dissipate on its own after a short amount of time. I think slaves should vanish from the map after 5 turns, giving them time to perhaps destroy a few resources but not to overrun the entire nation.
- Slave units should always start out at 50% health.

The other major issue I had was with Barbarians. In reality Barbarian states do not represent a global faction but numerous individual groups with various opinions of each other. I thought they should be spending as much time fighting each other as they do raiding nations.

Since I don't think its possible to make the Barbarians fight their own troops, I think they should act less efficiently. They should waste turns wandering around aimlessly at times. They should not be creating large stacks of units (how are they feeding these huge armies without a leader to organize a supply line?) I also definitely feel they should not earn Warlords. Overall, there should be more to seperate Barbarians from nations.

Suggestions for New Stuff:
Here are some suggestions I have for new materials:

-- New Civics --
Agrarianism (Economic) -- Low upkeep. Each ag resource (corn, rice, etc) available to you generates +1 gold per turn, up to the number of cities you own that are currently growing. Stagnant cities have no effect on the cap, and starving cities reduce it by -1. Available with Agriculture.

Example: You have access to 7 ag resources. You own 6 cities: 4 growing, one stag, one starving. The max extra gold you can earn per turn is thus 4 - 1 = +3 gold. 7 > 3, so you currently earn +3 gold per turn.

Welfare State (Economic) -- High Upkeep. +1 Happiness +4 Hammers +2 Health in 4 cities with lowest commerce. By trading gold for production in more economically vulnerable areas, civs may be able to grow their weakest cities faster. (The concept originated in China, but is now popular in the Nethlands.) Available with Philosophy.

-- New Units --
Festival -- These traveling units can be activated to provide +1 happiness per luxury resource available to you for one turn and a direct boost of +3 culture in the target city, at the expense of 200 gold each time this ability is used. Festivals move slowly and cannot fight or defend. Only 1 Festival can be owned at a time per civ. Requires Currency and Music.

-- New Buildings--
Ghetto -- Building a ghetto provides -1 Health for a city but reduces the duration of ethnic rebellions to 1 turn and lowers the chance of culture flipping. Available with Code of Laws.

-- National Wonders --
Historic Society - Building a historic society in a city causes any buildings in that city that have become obselete to produce an additional +2 culture per turn. Requires Education tech.

-- World Wonders --
World Bank - Requires Economics. Each turn, the builder of this wonder receives +1 gold for every bank owned by a country with whom he or she shares open borders.

Thanks again guys for the great work. :)

-- Isau

This mod is excellent! You guys have done a great job. Some things I like best about your work:

--The inclusion of spy-like units early on is awesome and makes the game a bit more intellectual

You guys said you were looking for suggestions on new stuff to add. Here are a few ideas I had:

Like others I had a lot of issues with the Slavery, Classic Democracy, and Serfdom. Some suggestions on some more realistic ways to handle these guys:
- The chances of a rebellion occuring should be very low when a large military presence exists in a city and sky high when no units are stationed there. As a rule of thumb, the nation should need about half as many units as exist population in a city to have a zero percent chance of a major rebellion, with chances going up with fewer units.
- Slaves, even huge numbers of them, are not a disciplined army trained for combat and organized by a military leader. A real rebellion would dissipate on its own after a short amount of time. I think slaves should vanish from the map after 5 turns, giving them time to perhaps destroy a few resources but not to overrun the entire nation.

The other major issue I had was with Barbarians. In reality Barbarian states do not represent a global faction but numerous individual groups with various opinions of each other. I thought they should be spending as much time fighting each other as they do raiding nations.

Since I don't think its possible to make the Barbarians fight their own troops, I think they should act less efficiently. They should waste turns wandering around aimlessly at times. They should not be creating large stacks of units (how are they feeding these huge armies without a leader to organize a supply line?) I also definitely feel they should not earn Warlords. Overall, there should be more to seperate Barbarians from nations.

-- New Civics --
Agrarianism (Economic) -- Low upkeep. Each ag resource (corn, rice, etc) available to you generates +1 gold per turn, up to the number of cities you own that are currently growing. Stagnant cities have no effect on the cap, and starving cities reduce it by -1. Available with Agriculture.

Example: You have access to 7 ag resources. You own 6 cities: 4 growing, one stag, one starving. The max extra gold you can earn per turn is thus 4 - 1 = +3 gold. 7 > 3, so you currently earn +3 gold per turn.

Welfare State (Economic) -- High Upkeep. +1 Happiness +4 Hammers +2 Health in 4 cities with lowest commerce. By trading gold for production in more economically vulnerable areas, civs may be able to grow their weakest cities faster. (The concept originated in China, but is now popular in the Nethlands.) Available with Philosophy.

-- New Units --
Festival -- These traveling units can be activated to provide +1 happiness per luxury resource available to you for one turn and a direct boost of +3 culture in the target city, at the expense of 200 gold each time this ability is used. Festivals move slowly and cannot fight or defend. Only 1 Festival can be owned at a time per civ. Requires Currency and Music.

-- New Buildings--
Ghetto -- Building a ghetto provides -1 Health for a city but reduces the duration of ethnic rebellions to 1 turn and lowers the chance of culture flipping. Available with Code of Laws.

-- National Wonders --
Historic Society - Building a historic society in a city causes any buildings in that city that have become obselete to produce an additional +2 culture per turn. Requires Education tech.

-- World Wonders --
World Bank - Requires Economics. Each turn, the builder of this wonder receives +1 gold for every bank owned by a country with whom he or she shares open borders.

-- Isau

While loading a save game (industrial era), I get the following python exception which doesn't seem to effect the game (that is, it doesn't CTD):

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 17, in writeDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1417, in write

File "CvWBDesc", line 1072, in write

File "CvWBDesc", line 749, in write

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getType'
ERR: Python function writeDesc failed, module CvWBInterface

you are right, this not affect game - this is problem appear when you load game, where demolition unit is present (this bug is on list, but with lowest priority because is only informational, not functional)

Just wanted to add one more thing. Have you guys thought about adding the possibility of bombarding units causing structural damage to cities, i.e. certain buillding are sometimes destroyed when bombarded? Basically, what would happen in CivIII when units bombarded cities.

planed in far future...(at first we want include ranged bombardment, then we can improve other bombardment features)

thank you :)

currently i am working on new version of rebellion (for next release), some of your ideas are very interesting

barbarian concept is made by Firaxis, this is practically impossible to change this (or better said: it is possible, but need full-time programmers :) ) - BetterAI component by Blake make changes with AI, but sometimes this lead to strange situations, like large stack etc...this things are under development by Blake and his team

-- New Civics --

-- New Units --

-- New Buildings--

-- National Wonders --

-- World Wonders --

-- Isau

thank you for your ideas

mexico

Good work TR team.

I've been playng a game where at some turn cursor rotating over and over. some fellow say to load up auto save but i havent any more. what to do: forgot that or wait for a patch who fixed this if the case?

Here some sugestions:
- Revolts of slaves are a good stuff if you capture them. They act as a great engineer, so dont take it off on a new patch.
- Mayans, Brazil, Thai or Cambonian, Polinesians are a good add civs.
- National Wonder - International Airport (requires Flight, Industrialism and Radio) and act as hub: A unit (e.g.: troops or great mearchant) only airlifted between two cities of diferent civs if the cities have International Airpor. +5% production in all cities
- National Wonder: Multinational Enterprise (requires Economics and 3 open borders with other civs) +3 gold in all cities; +5% production in all cities
- World Wonder: ISS International Space Station (requires Fiber Optics, Composites and Robotics) +10% culture in all cities, +5% cience in all cities
The values could be adjusted
- National and Heroic Epics:
NE Inca - Nazca Plateau; HE Inca - Puerta del Sol;
NE Vikings - The Sagas; HE Vikings - Leif Ericson Voyages;
NE for Russia - Transiberian;
NE Zulu - Solomon Mines
HE - Quetzalcoatl Legend

1. Have it like AOE where you actually see merchants and such send items by trade i.e through units

2. Have Civilization change Leader heads through ages

3. Natural prejudice or dislike between civs or or people

4. Change Governor so its somewhat more like Civ3 where you can have them build certain type of military units

5. Expand Goverment; have the advisors change accordingly. If your heridtary then parliment as your advisors they will advise for you to go to war, each one will give why (each meaning mitlitary, foreign affairs and resource managment advisor). If Democracy then have it that a lot of major presidents are in with a few modern political leaders (each president represnts new congress which can veto and all that which of course should be configurable)

6. Surges in money during State religion's holiday time or if no state religion whichever is most dominate you get more money out of

7. Add months to game

8. Allow animals to keep spawning and replace for and ivory with actual animals which if killed maybe a sorta you know colony or something starts which makes commerence and production and sends it to its nearest city and it makes its own workers which act as hunters or proachers to keep getting the item... and since i believe global warming is in the game why not add extinction? Also for fur have different types cat, dog and the rest and new tech is demestication (excuse my spelling) where you can make zoos and preserves and pets which increase happiness.

9. Protest: an unhappy city can eventually lead to unhappy civ protesters like immigrants can travel trying to gain support and if you kill them off well then you are look bad upon

10. To add on to 9 other Civs can send missionaries or representives to ask for war aide to overthrow their government and elect a new leader and you can have it where you can be, deny them, they become a captulation, vassal or you just aide them and boost relations if they win or else furious if you stop warring against of for the rebels or original owners.

11. If your people are calling for revolution basically a military general is born in the most unhappy city and with his death the revolt ends and you reclaim your land and they start their own civ

12. Civ specific Great Wonder; 1 great wonder exclusive per civ which can be set to random or history specific

13. Regimes and hate crimes...; Now this is maybe to controversial but i think maybe it should be added with all the different civs maybe regimes of cults should be made and added to the right hand side but not considered specialist... but this is purely idea i don't know how well it would go over in actually production thats why i'm letting you see

Well thats as much as my poor typing skills will allow for now, sorry if most you have thought of, or else if you just consider me an annoying novice.

Will this mod work MP?
Thanks
officially: not
unofficially: it's hard to say - some peoples reported OOS error in few turns, some have 120 turns without error, but what we know is, that Mercenary code (disabled by default) can cause OOS, also confirmed is OOS from BetterAI component - this will be solved (i hope - based on BetterAI log) in next TR patch

Guys we tryed playing TOTAL REALISM warlords online and despite some dificulty starting and synching the game, we have been able to play like 100 turns. But game is too slow in realistic speed and the option is locked in the game setup windows, we cant play like in quickly speed like we always do. Can u fix this?

Let we choose other speeds.

>>currently i am working on new version of rebellion (for next release), some of your ideas are very interesting <<

Hey man, not sure if it helps but I modded your mod to see if I could make the number of units in a city offset the chances of a rebellion. I didnt spend a lot of time on it, and am still a bit of an inexperienced modder, but here's what I changed:

in the SlaveryRebellion.py file, I made these changes to the function onCityDoTurn:

In the segment where maxRevolt is defined, I added this:

# Changes to max revolt variable...
# If the city has less than 1/2 as many units as it has population,
# there's a chance of rebellion.
maxRevolt = (pCity.getPopulation() / 2) - map.plot(cityX,cityY).getNumUnits()

if (maxRevolt <= 0):
return

I then commented out the original if tree where the chance of rebellion was set up for the variable iBase, but left the random roll (iRand = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Slavery revolt possibility") alone. If you wanted, you could use this tree to multiply the chances of a rebellion. Since I was just testing, I didn't actually do any modding to this value or use the iBase variable at all.

The next thing I did, since I wasn't using iBase, was to replace the comparison line to determine if a revolt occured. I did it like this:

# if(iRand <= iBase):
if(iRand <= maxRevolt):

And that's basically it. It seems to work, but of the course the AI doesn't fully grasp the concept and still makes some bad decisions with this implemented.

I didn't try to imp the 50% health hit or the auto removal after 4 turns ideas. In any case you're free to canibalize this code if you want. Or if anyone else wants to just slap these changes on to the existing mod while they await the next release, they're welcome to. I can send the whole python file to anyone who wants it.

Again, thank you for a great mod!

Due to the research paths I followed, I was able to build SAM Infantry before building Infantry - which seemed strange.

Maybe the SAM Inf. (available with Rocketry) should require Industrialism (gives Infantry) as a pre-requisite tech.

I also noticed I could build the Biplane before discovering flight. But as flight gives another plane - not sure how you solve that.

Fantastic mod, though I would make a few changes;

1. Add collateral damage for frigates and ships of the line.
2. Enable tech trading.
3. Remove or change location of the sheep for England's starting location.
4. Gunboat Diplomacy: Maybe add an AI script where civs are more likely to grant Open Border agreements or relinquish resources when a strong naval presence is just off their cultural borders.
5. More accurate starting location for Spain. Madrid was not a coastal city.
6. Add horse resource for England.

(As you can probably tell, I like to play to as England. Britannia rules the waves! ;) )

Hi man,

An answer to your suggestion:

1) Why not ? Les mt look at that. It will not add in the next patch, maybe later....
2) Never. No tech trading. Our system is: your "earn" research point when you have trade agreement with some civ. example: you are england and researching iron working. You have a trade agrrement with france who have this tech. Then you "earn" some research point because of both this trade agreement and the fact that france had this tech.
3) Maybe you are right. The problem is that the british islands are small, very small. So where adding new ressources ?
4) A good idea but difficult to code.
5) That's right about Madrid. But if you put Madrid in the center of Spain, the spanish civ will NEVER build a second in the peninsula. I had already test it. I don't like that also but it was the only solution for the very crowded Europe....
6) Same problem as 3)

Hian the Frog.

Top Bottom