[MOD] ZB Sengoku Jidai (BTS)

Hi Curry,

Did you move the ZB Sengoku Jidai WBS file to the saved folder as suggested?

Alternatively, you can alter the name of the PublicMaps folder, as suggested above.

Then, what you need to do is load the mod, and then choose to select play a scenario and select the proper scenario.

let me know if that worked or if you still have troubles.

-Zen Blade

Thanks a lot! It works now after a couple of tries :p I am so addicted to it! I played for an hour already :D Just wondering, but does Portugal and Mongolia pop up later on? And theyre untalkable to like Korea right? And when do you think your next update will come out? Oh, and might I suggest making maybe like 2 - 3 more clans above Uesugi Clan? I am playing them right now, and it would b more fun to fight someone on top of me. Great game tho, 10/10! :lol:

Amazing!

I am attaching a CTD. I have tried three times in a row, always CTDs on the same turn (should be one or two turns after this save).

I am presently in the midst of a war with a rival clan, and they are making their final stand against me.

Hopefully this helps. I have Windows Vista but rarely get a CTD in CIV IV.

Attachments

• Yoshihisa AD-1576-January.7z
    590.2 KB · Views: 183
What are the units in this game? I just want to know before i download the mod.

Anyway it is exciting to see someone doing this.

I'll look into the CTD when I have a chance. 1576 (Over 120 turns into the game) is about when I had the CTD on my main computer (also Vista). This time of year, I'm with family. But I should have a chance at some point.
Again, if you have a CTD, try going back about 5-6 turns and see if the CTD disappears.

Regarding the Hojo start... let me take a look. I know I started with every clan at least once.

Regarding the Portugese, they are holdovers from the previous mods that this was built from.

Regarding Settlers, I moved a lot of units/buildings to KATA Tech prerequisite b/c they should not be used in the game, but if you really want to keep playing and building, they are there at the very end... For Korea if you wish to expand the Japanese Empire.

thanks,

Zen Blade

Mine just has the normal list of scenarios, nothing from Sengoku. Is there a separate map to download?

TF,

There is a space between "Public Maps" that must be changed to "PublicMaps" in the mod. Alternatively, you can add the WBS file to your saved files folder.

Either should work.

-Zen Blade

I have to say this is a great mod!
I've always enjoyed the Sengoku time period and this mod gives a really nice feel!
I have a little balance thing though, to me it seems that Mounted Samurai are a little to versatile. They always end up being top city defender along with dominating on the field. maybe a -10% city defence would better balance that?
I love the named samurai generals though! Keep up the good work!

I have to say this is a great mod!
I've always enjoyed the Sengoku time period and this mod gives a really nice feel!
I have a little balance thing though, to me it seems that Mounted Samurai are a little to versatile. They always end up being top city defender along with dominating on the field. maybe a -10% city defence would better balance that?
I love the named samurai generals though! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the suggestion. Dealing with Mounted Samurai has been tough. I had a lot of balancing issues with them b/c the computer always wants to build them. I tried to alter the upkeep for mounted samurai (over other units), but could not get that to work since the XML file is simply: upkeep: Yes/No.

Reducing their defense in cities could work (that makes sense since they could stay on their horse... and do nothing really, or they could get off their horses, becoming normal samurai).

thanks again everyone for the comments. I will be making changes shortly, and then bring out the updated version.

-Zen Blade

Konitchiwa and happy new year Zen Blade and all !
Great job i wanted this kind of mod, but i can't play it ! when i load the mod and then the scenario, bts (ver. 3.17) crash to desktop, i don't know why, cause the mod works, but not the scenario, he crash just after i choose one of different clan for example Date Clan. Can you help me to find the solution ?
Mata ne

Konitchiwa and happy new year Zen Blade and all !
Great job i wanted this kind of mod, but i can't play it ! when i load the mod and then the scenario, bts (ver. 3.17) crash to desktop, i don't know why, cause the mod works, but not the scenario, he crash just after i choose one of different clan for example Date Clan. Can you help me to find the solution ?
Mata ne

hmmmm... Itchi, what operating system do you have? Also, do you have any other mods loaded? Or any other patches (player made or otherwise)?

I have never seen this problem with my version.

-Zen Blade

UPDATED VERSION OF ZB SENGOKU JIDAI WILL ADDRESS ISSUES POSTED ABOVE THIS REPLY.

Going to add this to my download list, but Im going to wait till the next update where you worked out the issues, sounds really nice though. Im assuming you will correct the map text issue, thx.

I've enjoying the scenario greatly so far, but I've noticed a couple of what I think might be problems. First, the minor clans completely took over Korea. I don't know if this was intended, but I figure it probably wasn't supposed to happen like that.

Also, even though I've researched the technology that's supposed to allow me to create musketeer, it won't let me produce them. Is this a known bug?

thanks!

Top Bottom