[MOD] ZB Sengoku Jidai (BTS)

Hmm... I've never manually loaded a mod before. Usually the scenerio just does that. Anyhow, if you change that line in the map file, it'll do it manually, unless that will cause some problem.

hello,

I really hope that someone can help me get this marvellous mod running on my german bts-version.

When I have loaded the mod, all buttons are blank. The introduction and all pop-up windows are blank as well. That makes it nearly impossible to play the mod. Is there anyone who has an idea how I can fix the problem?

greetings,

Masushi

You have to change the language to english (first start normal BtS, change the language, start Sengoku Jidai), because there's no translation.

Thanks for answering. I was wondering about that myself...
How much work does translating involve?

-Zen Blade

What do you mean?
Normaly, you would have to translate all, what you've changed.

But i can't see, where's your text (i see CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Sengoku.xml, CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_Sengoku.xml and CIV4GameText_Events_BTS.xml, but there's not enought text), and normaly BtS would just search in the other folders, to get the right tags (like for the menu), but i don't know, why not here.

Tomorrow i'll try out, what happens, when i put the other text.xmls in the folder (no time at the moment).

Edit: I see it:
Your civilopedia-entries are like this:
PHP:
<Text>
       <English>bla</English>
</Text>

Normal entries are:
PHP:
<Text>
       <English>bla</English>
       <French>bla</French>
       <German>bla</German>
       <Italian>bla</Italian>
       <Spanish>bla</Spanish>
        </Text>

If you want to play in an other language than english, and somewhere, really somewhere are the other language-tags missing, your text will randoml< vanish.
I've added only one component to my mod, with 3 text-keys which had no other language-tags, and half of the text in my mod disappeared.

To get your mod work in other languages, add the missing tags and just copy the english text in it.
Now it'll run in with only the new things untranslated, which, i think, is much easer than the complete mod in english.

Hey Zen,

This mod is AMAZING and I love it so far from the bit that I've played. However, I keep getting a CTD at this point. I uploaded the savegame and the crash comes in a few turns. Hope you can figure out whats wrong.

Attachments

• Motonari AD-1572-August.CivBeyondSwordSave
    519.9 KB · Views: 319
Glad you are enjoying it.

I will take a look and see what I can figure out. I am in the middle of getting 2.0 working, so I may not devote a whole lot of energy to this issue.

With regard to the CTD, does it occur during your turn, or during the AI turn? Any other details/specifics that you can remember?

-Zen Blade

Hi Zen, this mod look's great, and i cant wait until i get CivIV Compleate for my Vista so i can play throught it. If you are interested, here are some LH's you might want to use:
LH number 1
LH number 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Great mod:goodjob:, cant wait to play throught it

Hey Zen,

It was on the AI's turn. I have somehow managed to avoid it. Some things that happened differently was that I changed how I attacked a city and one of the clans did not offer to exchange technologies. Hope that helps, but if not, no worries, work on 2.0!

Well, bad news: I've been sick and bed ridden since Saturday. Today, I was up and around a bit, but took a 4 hour nap.

Good news: I have been making progress. I have all of the "cities" placed on the map. I have the cities modified to how they should be in game. I have created a new "Daimyo" unit that will be limited to one per clan. And this will represent the clan's leader and his guard. Next up is the placement of units. And possibly the creation of 1-2 new units, and any modifications required.

To specific posts:

Bear,

thanks for the recommendations. the second set are already a part of the mod. A previous modder incorporated them in his version of the Sengoku period (which is substantially different).

lonmzjia,

That is what I have noticed too about this "random crash". There is also supposedly a problem with certain situations involving sieges of cities. These could be related, or it could be something related to a technology, or perhaps something completely independent.

thanks guys.

-Zen Blade

Best of health, and i'm glad you liked the LH link's :D

Also, my username is veBear, not Bear. This is because my first name is Vebjørn, and the name of the animal Bjørn would in english be Bear :lol:

Keep up the good work :)

Downloading....now

Thought about incorporating Influence-driven war into the game?

Hello there, just wondering if a new version of this mod has been released as of yet? I am big fan of this particular period in Japanese history. The game however keeps on crashing after I get a religion it seems. Also, I noticed that the tech needed for making settlers is at the end of the tech tree. I may have missed something in the mod, but that was a period of expansion by the feudal lords. To not be able to build settlers at the start of the game seems strange. Please advise if there is something I have missed, as I would very much like to play this mod.

PS...I hope you better soon man...

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for an update. I love the Sengoku era of Nihon.

Game crashes right after this turn on the AI's turn.

Attachments

• Sengoku.CivBeyondSwordSave
    848.3 KB · Views: 315
Top Bottom