[MOD] ZB Sengoku Jidai (BTS)

Nice Mod! I like the idea of using the provinces as cities. The only problem is that the game crashes often... it just freezes at the end of some turn :( i am using bts 3.19 on Win7

greetings!

ps. Personally I would use the flags of the clans instead of one tokugawa with different cloths of hair colour... Or maybe historical paintings of their leaders? cheers

Well, I wanted to give the mod another try... the good news are that it didn't crash!!! :goodjob:

the bad news is that i couldn't finish the game... :(

After I conquered all of my neighbours I was planning to crush Korea with a united Japan... Sadly I couldn't accomplish this cos somehow I have no communications with Korea, not even possible to declare war...

Well, I enjoyed most of the game. Thanks for the mod.

Some comments:

- I think the tech tree could be remade, so that each tech really gave you some new building or unit... it was a bit odd to tech without any benefit.

- For some reason I couldn't build muskets, even I had the research done

- It would be cool if the civics could be altered a little bit, it was odd that they were the same than bts just with another name.

- Maybe victory conditions could be also arranged... After I conquered everyone it was a bit odd I would have to wait for 300 years to win by time (score).

- Alright, maybe too much for now... thanks again for the mod, let me know when a new version comes up!! :)

ps. I attached my game, so that you can see that odd situation with korea (not even in the foreign relations window)

Attachments

• Takeda.CivBeyondSwordSave
    993.8 KB · Views: 328
hi zenblade
i'm a new member of the forum and i would help you to modify your mod
add more faction and units
i study the japanese history from 1500-1600 and i would help you to do more historical your mod and propose some new units and campaign
for exemple the campaign where the samurai begin the conquest of the asia and the europe with a invincible army, and future campaign where the japanese have a ultra technologic army against the another countries the age is 2600 ac in the space age
can you help me?

Zenblade hasn't been online for a year now, so i guess, he will not come back and do anything :(.

If i were you, i would just take the mod over, and do it yourself.
You may not know, how to mod, but you can learn it. You don't really need any computer skills for it, most things are common sense. you can get help here in the main creation forum, if you need it.

Ah, and welcome to CFC :).

thanks for the advice
and the modding seems not difficult, but i don't know how i can convert some models of another game to models for civilization 4
and i need some collaborator for help me
for the first campaign i can use this mod and modify it and do more historical mod
the anothers campaign i need a mapper (i need a map of the world) and others
can you help me or suggest to me some good modder?

but i don't know how i can convert some models of another game to models for civilization 4

Why do you want to do that? There are plenty of good models in the civfanatics download database :).

the anothers campaign i need a mapper (i need a map of the world)

see above, there are worldmaps in the database ;).

can you help me or suggest to me some good modder?

Nearly every modder is busy with something. Easiest way to attract someone else to a project is just to begin with it. Somebody might see it, thinks it is interesting, and wants to contribute. -> Just try it, it will maybe happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proie
but i don't know how i can convert some models of another game to models for civilization 4

Why do you want to do that? There are plenty of good models in the civfanatics download database .

because i know very good models from medieval 2 mods
how i can convert the models in civilization modeles?

Depends on what file format they use.
There's a free 3D modelling program out there, it's called blender, and there are plugins for the Civ4 file format available.
You can import other models and export them to Civ4, but animations are a problem, but also this can be done.

But at first: start small ;).
First try to get in modding at all, then think about the more specific things.

for the animation i will use the aniation of some civ4 units
i see in your mod a space marine landspeader

i have never been able to play this mod, tho i have really wanted to, i loved the civ3 scenario and shogun total war was one of my favs. it regularly ctd, no ryme or reason, i've played all different settings, it ctd on my turn, the ai turn, when i move stacks, early in game, most often in 5k years. i hope someone picks this up and fixes it.

Is there a way to get a download of ZB Sengoku Jidai 1.10 [BTS] 2016-10-05 for BTS? The link for atomic gamers is dead. May anyone got this and would like to send it to me?

Let me say thank you! It´s a lot of fun for me to take a look at and after maybee to play it.

Top Bottom