Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so then, bug report submitted. Cheers!

I have no CS on my map:

upload_2021-1-15_1-46-48.png

Just playing Pangaea map, everything Standard. Guess I don't need to report the bug if others are.

Politely asking when do think this version will be fixed up and out of beta?

Soon! I'm working on it. :)

Is Defensive Pact value calculated correctly? Previous version when I had the largest army in the world by far everyone was asking me for my gold to make a DP. They should've been paying me for protection!

I feel that way, too. When you're the preeminent military power, why are you paying for DPs with smaller, weaker nations?

Yeah, this should be fixed in this patch.

I have no CS on my map:

View attachment 581609

Just playing Pangaea map, everything Standard. Guess I don't need to report the bug if others are.

Investigating. Are you playing on 43 Civ?

Soon! I'm working on it. :)

Yeah, this should be fixed in this patch.

Investigating. Are you playing on 43 Civ?

I selected that folder, but didn't use that mod. Civ 5 didn't give me the option to.

Do you need a save game? If not, I'll re-install the non-43 civ folder. I only ever play standard maps (they take me enough time!)

And should they? Did they have a lot of room to expand still? Did they have enough cities already? Did they have unhappiness problems, or close to it? Did they consider you as a friend, or have no reason to attack, other than "just" for the sake of attacking (expanding)? Were they civs that have generally more friendly flavours, or those that like to go and eat a civ for every major meal? Are you on higher difficulties? Did you ignore their request? Are you competing for City-States / Wonders? Were there others that they had planned attacking, or maybe considered you to be a help against someone else? It's an equation with a lot of variables :)

I'm not against an aggressive AI, but it should be reasonable. I had my southern part whopped twice now by the AI, one joint war when after they were done finishing my poor neighbour they turned to me, other one Rome being Rome and expanding in the early game (and me being comfy and ignoring my army) :D All fair and square. (but at least I managed to stop two Mongol invasions in my current game yay!) And all of that on Emperor / Huge map, what's unless I make some grave mistakes is usually pretty comfortable for me.

Not to mention that a hyper-aggressive AI can put itself into a worse position: if they have DPs, the human has just bypassed it. A warring civ is also a more potential attack for others to attack (unless I'm mistaken, Recursive can correct me), and there is also war weariness, diplomatic penalties, etc. A slight increase probably wouldn't hurt if they have clear objectives against you, but these also have to be taken into consideration.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because you (or the AI) can do something, doesn't necessarily mean you (or the AI) should do it. At some degree, I think you should be able to overcome your military weakness by diplomatic means (however, if they hate you or have a clear reason to invade you, could do it easily and they don't do it, now then that's definitely something to adjust). And let us not forget to draw conclusions only after a fair number of games (I'm not saying you didn't, just an advice that I also have to tell myself :D ).

Poor Recursive is adjusting aggressivity back and forth between each patch :lol: (but at least hopefully we're getting closer to the optimal one by each step :))

I feel the AI to be quite alive and dynamic (just an example from the same game: Ethiopa and I have some beefs regarding religion and CSs, but against the Mongol threat we made DoF, DP, and so on. That's exactly what I call as reasonable diplomacy!) It was really good before, and now I feel like some really good steps have been taken to make it even better! :)

12/1 version.

upload_2021-1-14_23-11-34.png

The fact that this is "no constested borders" is insane. It only becomes contested if i purchace the forest or floodplains tiles nearby him. 4 tiles between Porto and his capital, 6 tiles between Porto and my capital (behind the diplomacy portait). Offered a DoF 5 turns later when he could just hoplite rush me and id be fudged.

Last edited:
@Recursive
Can you share the part of the code you think is responsible for ai aggressiveness? It looks like you are trying to find the perfect value, but there could be something else.

CvDiplomacyAI::SelectBestApproachTowardsMajorCiv()

There was a bug with the opinion modifier that I've fixed (was multiplying instead of adding, causing major approach shifts). Additionally I tweaked the "bWantsOpportunityAttack" flag.

12/1 version.

View attachment 581610

The fact that this is "no constested borders" is insane. It only becomes contested if i purchace the forest or floodplains tiles nearby him. 4 tiles between Porto and his capital, 6 tiles between Porto and my capital (behind the diplomacy portait). Offered a DoF 5 turns later when he could just hoplite rush me and id be ****ed.

I've mentioned this to @ilteroi, he last changed this code. I agree with you that it's too lenient.

I selected that folder, but didn't use that mod. Civ 5 didn't give me the option to.

Do you need a save game? If not, I'll re-install the non-43 civ folder. I only ever play standard maps (they take me enough time!)

I noticed that I had 12-1-1, not 12-1-3 as mentioned on the first post. My bad. I moved the saves to another folder, and will reinstall everything.

I have no CS on my map:

View attachment 581609

Found the bug with City-States not spawning; I changed the wrong define when compiling the DLL.

Thanks, @HungryForFood!

I'm going to post another patch shortly since there's been substantial adjustments.

Standard Communitas_79 on Immortal Ethiopia. SV on Turn 381.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-15_1-56-34.png

Third attempt after my last report. I got a lot of aggressive declares on me the last few games that I wasn't ready for (good for you AI!). But 3rd times the charm.

At first this seemed like an other easy DV, I got venice as a vassal, and though I wasn't swimming in votes I had enough for the hegemony if I could hold on to things. But then right before the vote Venice up and goes independent on me! This is the first time in my history of playing VP that I've actually seen it....so of course I couldn't have it and we went to war:)

Things got a bit nuts, as other civs used the oppurtunity to try and kick my teeth in. Ultimately I took down Venice once more and secured my borders. Hegemony was out, but I had planned for a SV as a backup, so was able to secure that victory without too many problems.

1) I've mentioned it in my last few posts, but I've played enough games to say... Immortal is flat out easier than it was a few versions ago (at least assuming a warmonger doesn't conquer the world). I'm used to it being competitive for me, but I'm really cruising on these victories.

2) The AI is more swingy now, willing to friend me for a while, and then denounce me, only to friend me 30 turns later. This I like, again I appreciate that diplomacy is not static, and things like WC votes can be big moments of transition. That said, the one thing I am seeing is securing a DP with me, and then hating me a few turns later. I could understand it if we were getting near the end of our DP, but its weird they do it so soon.

3) In general I am still seeing the AI go to war with me late game, but they seem to pick their battles more carefully. If they peace me out, they generally stay peaceful for a while, as opposed to before where it was war, peace, war, peace.

4) Just noting that Iron clads are weirdly tanky with Imperialisms promotions. Like my missile cruisers have a hard time taking them out tanky.

5) Guerilla Fighters might need their flanking bonus toned down a bit. A shock III guerilla gets 80% CS PER FLANK. These guys can take down GDRs if you flank properly with them. If that was their only bonus I would think its fine but they also get a number of other cool bonuses as well, its quite the good unit. I would actually say its the best Ideology unit in the game.

How many cities is Venice allowed to settle now? I'm seeing quite a few names past Chioggia.

That's one huge CS inside Zulu.

I think Gazebo mentioned a bug that removed the cap for Venice's MoV puppet settling. Old bug, apparently.

Finished my game on this patch before trying out 1/15 version. Celtcs DV turn 382, Standard, King, Continents. Tradition / Fealty / Rationalism / Freedom. Tech trading disabled, Research Agreements on, 3/4 UC mod.

I was going to re-roll due to jungle/forest tobacco, but decided to play it out selecting "Horned Stag" while conquering my Siamese neighbor with Cinnamon. It ended up being a good choice because the map layout was awesome -- I desire to play Communitu_79 features, but I personally don't like how most civs are consistently placed near the poles, and playing with the settings provided no results after numerous tests to try and find something similar to landmass placement of the standard "Continents" map.
Spoiler :
Screenshot (384).png
Okay, so first thing I have to address is the name of this city: is this some mystical land of gibberish, or did it (does it) actually exist, and if so, how do you pronounce it?
Spoiler :
Screenshot (369).png
The game was simple after securing the vassal, I just had to make sure Mongolia was kept in check by constructing Red Fort in Tak while parking my advanced army of upgraded UU's along my border for the game's entirety (I promised not to attack him several times and he was also sanctioned from the first vote). I had DoF's with Venice and Denmark for the majority, and it wasn't until 10 turns before victory that I would be sanctioned -- the diplo AI and voting was solid though overall. I had the tech lead after mid-game and this became an easy run-away once I started bulbing GS. Although GS got a much needed nerf in the past, the insta-techs down the stretch are crazy as you faith spam them in combination with Apollo, Hubble, CERN. Stalker is right in that DV is almost auto with 2 vassals; I only had Siam, though he's a diplo civ who provided 14 votes himself, easily giving me hegemony when I wasn't even attempting it. It was funny because the turn I completed my first spaceship part, I popped a GM on Poland for 30000 tourism, allowing me to start building the CEP as well. I guess it's good that the timing of victory conditions is similar; I still had to execute strategy toward the other VC's I wasn't attempting, e.g. pass World Ideology/United Nations, keep TR's to Poland intact, have diplomat in his capital for tourism bonus, etc.

A previous use of "Diligence" left me underwhelmed, but this time I found it more impactful, and when playing Tradition in the future I'll have to contemplate pairing it with Synagogues again for the necessary early hammer boost to satellite cities. What's odd in this list is the fact Denmark has lots of mines with Gold monopoly, yet sits at the bottom.
Spoiler :
Screenshot (374).png
Venice approached me with this message, so I assumed they would voluntary vassal, but nothing else ever came of it. I did however find a funny workaround to cancel a joint war promise, when I agreed to war Mongolia only to accept a DoF from Genghis a couple turns later so the joint war never initialized because of backstab implications.
Spoiler :
Screenshot (375).png
Screenshot (377).png
A couple other things I can remember of the top of my head (I'll add if I recall more):

World map is still bugged with AI wanting it repeatedly even if you've traded it to them, on top of being able to stack multiple copies of it in the trade menu (this has been reported before/already, but I'll help confirm that bug).

It really does blow having a skirmisher UU when you can't upgrade them with low Aluminum focused toward an SV.

Wind Plant is superior to the Hydro Plant even in situations where there's several good river tiles and you'd thematically want Hydro. I think if we added +3 :c5culture: on all river/lake, or swap it with the +3 :c5science:, then it would help better differentiate the plants and provide more incentive to actually utilize the Hydro.

I did however find a funny workaround to cancel a joint war promise, when I agreed to war Mongolia only to accept a DoF from Genghis a couple turns later so the joint war never initialized because of backstab implications.

Yeah, the help text should say this when you mouse over the button to request a coop war. Making a DoF or DP with the target will cancel any coop war plans and break related promises.

@Kim Dong Un , thank you for testing our knowledge and vigilance, Supreme Leader. Yes, as you undoubtedly already know, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is a real village in Wales.
Ahem yes, why of course. The One and Unly has, on several occasions, ventured to the fabled dwelling of the Whale beings, though it's been many moons since and therefore I hadn't initially recognized their dialect.

Congratulations, you've passed this test, and in doing so have been awarded the prestigious D (Dong) + for your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom