New Beta Version - August 16th (8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
t83 I have 6 cities as Authority Japan, most AIs have 2-3. Seems like they struggle with expansion in this version.

So capitalists cannot play it? :p

Can someone tell me what was changed in AssignStartingPlots.lua file in recent version? Was those changes related to Communitas or something more?
Very minor changes. It follows Civilopedia for resource assignment (that's why you can find horses on flooding plain), and increases some resource chances on certain terrains, especially making tundra more viable with some stones and deer. Bigger change I would say it's the way strategics are distributed around the map (more coal to islands). If you dislike it, use strategic balance for some guaranteed extra strategics.

Very minor changes. It follows Civilopedia for resource assignment (that's why you can find horses on flooding plain), and increases some resource chances on certain terrains, especially making tundra more viable with some stones and deer. Bigger change I would say it's the way strategics are distributed around the map (more coal to islands). If you dislike it, use strategic balance for some guaranteed extra strategics.
Nah, I need to update my changes from More Wonders for VP to that new file. Thanks for info.

Thank you for your patience, everyone. Just merged up some changes from others on Github, and fixed a few nagging leftovers from my merge. All good now, at least on the merge front. Here's the hotfix 8-16-2 version. Savegame compatible.

https://mega.nz/folder/2Jdw3aQT#Z49gV7KAyMq6YiG5BD9jaA

Starter two more games as Greece on Emperor/Epic/Standard size to test the early game experience.
- getting early pantheons is not so hard if you go shrine first with a reasonable start, i was the last one to pick a pantheon (had an amazing Open sky start but it was snatched early) so i got Commerce pantheon and managed to found first at turn 140 even before Ethiopia somehow.
-the last religion spot was open till turn 180, seems really slow for some reason.
-AI expansion is extremely slow and they seem too reluctant to produce settlers or let them actually settle; The Shoshone who was 5 policies deep in authority had only two and they actually built the Pyramids .... Authority Rome had 3 cities and settled the 4th by turn 150 ... The same performance was noted by Tradition Ethiopia and Portugal who had two and three cities by the same time.
-I expected to be hammered by Authority Rome and the Shoshone but their lack of expansion seemed to have held their hand and got outproduced by human player?

-Barbarians stealing 75 gold from a city in a single turn in the ancient era seems like a lot :crazyeye::crazyeye:
Spoiler There goes the gold i saved to buy a worker :
CivilizationV_DX11 2020-08-17 20-09-14-357.jpg

-AI deal logic seem to have got the issue which causes it to offer deals they do not agree upon
Spoiler What do you think of this offer, human? I don't like it. :
CivilizationV_DX11 2020-08-17 19-07-24-708.jpg

Starter two more games as Greece on Emperor/Epic/Standard size to test the early game experience.
- getting early pantheons is not so hard if you go shrine first with a reasonable start, i was the last one to pick a pantheon (had an amazing Open sky start but it was snatched early) so i got Commerce pantheon and managed to found first at turn 140 even before Ethiopia somehow.
-the last religion spot was open till turn 180, seems really slow for some reason.
-AI expansion is extremely slow and they seem too reluctant to produce settlers or let them actually settle; The Shoshone who was 5 policies deep in authority had only two and they actually built the Pyramids .... Authority Rome had 3 cities and settled the 4th by turn 150 ... The same performance was noted by Tradition Ethiopia and Portugal who had two and three cities by the same time.
-I expected to be hammered by Authority Rome and the Shoshone but their lack of expansion seemed to have held their hand and got outproduced by human player?

-Barbarians stealing 75 gold from a city in a single turn in the ancient era seems like a lot :crazyeye::crazyeye:
Spoiler There goes the gold i saved to buy a worker :

-AI deal logic seem to have got the issue which causes it to offer deals they do not agree upon
Spoiler What do you think of this offer, human? I don't like it. :

Deal element is intended - the AI will make 'unreasonable' offers in the interest of starting a potential exchange, up to a point. That's a bit on the higher end, but I prefer an AI that makes offers to a human than one who has to be constantly contacted in order to make a deal.

in the 8-16 the air units still vanishing from cities (2 ~ 3 turns for vanish), in carriers looks normal. I'll test the hotfixed version 8-16-2 and confirm if the bug is fixed. Just for note I'm using only community patch and community balance overhaul, RED Modpack and no EUI.

PS: I don't know if is a bug, but with no EUI and only CP and CBO with the time i had problem with 'InfoTooltipInclude' the block city production choice and stuck the game in that turn, but if I save the game and delete the file in LUA folder from CBO and loading the game again the problem will be fixed. In the LUA console I have this message from other error:

Runtime Error: My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\LUA\CityView.lua:2154: attempt to call global 'GetCityHappinessTooltip' (a nil value)

Deal element is intended - the AI will make 'unreasonable' offers in the interest of starting a potential exchange, up to a point. That's a bit on the higher end, but I prefer an AI that makes offers to a human than one who has to be constantly contacted in order to make a deal.

Is there no way to have the AI only send deals they're willing to accept? Deals you can't accept have bad mouthfeel. ;)

Is there no way to have the AI only send deals they're willing to accept? Deals you can't accept have bad mouthfeel. ;)

Agreed. I'm used to them asking for unreasonable deals and having to barter them down, but offering more than they can afford seems a strange strategy for making a deal ^^.

Morocco stays with 2 cities - he decided it's better to go for wonders instead of expanding. There's no way he will be competitive with just 2 cities.
Also, I have positive diplo (gray color) with him "similar social policies" but I am Authority and him Tradition :crazyeye:

There is, but I wanted to have it be a bit more loose for the beta to gauge the upper limit for the AI/human on deals.

G

Morocco stays with 2 cities - he decided it's better to go for wonders instead of expanding. There's no way he will be competitive with just 2 cities.
Also, I have positive diplo (gray color) with him "similar social policies" but I am Authority and him Tradition :crazyeye:

Just a visual error, will fix.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:
City Assault - % bonus VS cities reduced to 33% for both (was 50/50)
Cannot find relevant promotion. City Assault is one, and has 150% value change. Rest of siege promotions are also untouched. Am I missing something?
Horns - +10%CS, +33% from flanking
In game flanking bonus is 25%.

Has the events module been changed recently? Early game events seem to always trigger in my games *only playing the early game till around 150*.

Amazing! Austria has just asked me for a mortgage: 187 gold and -1 gold per turn during 70 turns in exchange for 1 horse.

reminder: if you get deals that are way outside the norm, please share with me on GitHub. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom