New Unit: Shadow Warrior

Eclipse

Warlord
Basically, this unit has the transparency of any shadow. Kind of a cool effect. Zip includes Civilopedia PCXs, Units_32 icon, INI, and FLCs. Don't forget to create the necessary entries in the appropriate txt files...

Enjoy! :cool:

If you'd prefer the a Shadow Warrior that doesn't cast a shadow download the one a few replies down the page. ;)

Attachments

• shadow warrior.zip
    358.4 KB · Views: 697
In-game sample...

Attachments

• shadow warrior.jpg
    shadow warrior.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,824
Good point! Here's the same unit but hacked the shadow off. Actually, it took me much less time to make it without the shadow than with!

Attachments

• shadow warrior - shadowless.zip
    241.2 KB · Views: 503
Great unit!!!
Anybody thought of how to use it? Stats, etc.?
Thanks for the unit Eclipse!

That is one hell of a cool effect, now I know how I can make "invisible" units.

What do I do after I download the file? Do I have to create a new folder in the Civ3Edit thingy or what?

Jedi_Master201 wrote:

What do I do after I download the file? Do I have to create a new folder in the Civ3Edit thingy or what?
Yes, kind of...

You have to create a new unit within Civ3Edit matching the folder name that you unzipped the file into. Should be Shadow Warrior if I remember correctly. You also need to add an entry in the Civilopedia.txt file and PediaIcons.txt files for the new unit. There is a thread that better explains this process here...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9337

Originally posted by ShadowFlame
Great unit!!!
Anybody thought of how to use it? Stats, etc.?
Thanks for the unit Eclipse!

Well, it would be hard to hit, so a high defensive rating is a must. But, if it gets hit it should take more damage than a normal unit IMO. So, high defense + HP penalty. Instead of just a regular attack, consider giving it bombard with a range of one. I believe it would still have to get an attack of 1 if you want it to have any HP though. In addition perhaps it should be an invisible unit?

Top Bottom