Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else noticing that cities are not firing at adjacent units during wars? I just observed that Japan didn't fire at a barbarian boat either. If not, then I will check my logs for a conflict between the few mods that I use.

The war was vs the Maya if that matters. They didn't fire at any enemy.

Same issue for me. For me it was Japan and city states. Neither used city to attack me.

Just me or did this break "Promotion Flags EUI" mod?
I assume its that mod which needs an update to correctly verify dependencies after the merge ...?
upload_2022-4-1_13-30-16.png

Edit:
Seems one IS available but has same version name in post which confused me.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui-for-vp.651957/page-2

I saw a few cases of the AI not taking goody huts when it could - pic related from a minute ago. It this case they had a warrior in range the turn before. In another game, I was rolling around with an explorer in the renaissance/industrial, and I found myself popping goody huts adjacent to the AI's island cities. They were completely ignoring them.

I also find that happiness is very easy to deal with in the current version, but I only played a couple of games. In one game I played Persia, on immortal/standard settings, and conquered about 5 cities in the medieval. I had no happiness issues, and most cities were 5 or more pop from being unhappy, even with annexing and significant weariness. The other game, also immortal, I played as Austria and was peaceful for most of the game. However at the end everyoned DOWed me and I went on a tech-fueled conquering spree. Even after conquering 10 or more cities I wasn't even close to the happiness limit. My cities were something like 1 unhappiness VS 15 happiness. It felt like unhappiness didn't even exist in both of these games. In pre-2.0 I felt happiness was very significant, although it could be variance between games.

Attachments

• 20220401-234151.png
    20220401-234151.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
boo balparmak boo:vomit:

Some people reported improvements in performance, I also feel like turns progress a bit faster but haven't timed it to be honest.

Great job on reducing size of the install. Just wondering why there hasn't been any compression on the Promotion Icons?
Probably a technical reason I wouldn't understand since those Icon Atlases are 16MB each :crazyeye: compared to just 4MB for CommunityArt.

Great job on reducing size of the install. Just wondering why there hasn't been any compression on the Promotion Icons?
Probably a technical reason I wouldn't understand since those Icon Atlases are 16MB each :crazyeye: compared to just 4MB for CommunityArt.

Thanks! For some reason compressing the promotion icons creates noticeable artifacts, but I'll eventually try again for the largest promotion icon atlases. The ones I previously compressed were probably taken from already compressed sources, so compressing them again was safe.

2.0.3 will be released tonight, fixing the city bombardment bug.

Hotfix 2.0.3 is up. Link in OP updated. Fixes city bombardment bug and raises unhappiness from needs.

Changelog:
Code:
- Fixed city bombardment bug (cities will now bombard units again!)
- Increased unhappiness from needs again, but still lower than before (Boredom/Illiteracy: 100 -> 60, Poverty: 150 -> 120)

Online as of 8:55 PM CST on April 1. Savegame compatible with 2.0 versions.

Can someone post link to 2.0.1 version?
I have a nice game to finish but 2.0.3 messed with my savegame somehow (destroyers got changed to chewa..)

Can someone explain me what exactly this phrase means:
Code:
Colonialism: +10% to sum of Yield and [ICON_GOLDEN_AGE] Golden Age duration modifiers from Global Monopolies; +3 to sum of Yields and [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness from Global Monopolies.
It should be rewritten to something more understandable I suppose.

Can someone explain me what exactly this phrase means:
Code:
Colonialism: +10% to sum of Yield and [ICON_GOLDEN_AGE] Golden Age duration modifiers from Global Monopolies; +3 to sum of Yields and [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness from Global Monopolies.
It should be rewritten to something more understandable I suppose.

Basically, for monopoly effects that grant a yield or golden age point modifier (ex. : +10% Production in Cities), this policy increases the effects by an additionnal 10 points of percentage (so, from 10% to 20% Production in Cities in my example). For monopoly effects that grant flat yields or happiness (ex. : +2 Science on Resource or +6 Happiness), the policy increases the effects by an additionnal 3 points of the value (for my examples, from +2 to +5 Science on Resource or +9 Happiness).

I think the key here is "points of percentage" versus "flat value". For those unfamiliar with the concept, it can be confusing.

Last edited:
I have issue with trading, I can't do anything and my trading screen looks like this, any ideas?

Attachments

• civ.PNG
    civ.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
I have issue with trading, I can't do anything and my trading screen looks like this, any ideas?

Probably a mod conflict (disable other mods) or a bad installation (reinstall VP).

Probably a mod conflict (disable other mods) or a bad installation (reinstall VP).

I have reinstalled and unfortunately it's stilt there, I do not have any other mods other than vox populi, I started a new game too. I have everything turned on in mod management except EUI compatibility, could some of these mods be at conflict? I figured they wouldn't since they are from one pack.

Basically, for monopoly effects that grant a yield or golden age point modifier (ex. : +10% Production in Cities), this policy increases the effects by an additionnal 10 points of percentage (so, from 10% to 20% Production in Cities in my example). For monopoly effects that grant flat yields or happiness (ex. : +2 Science on Resource or +6 Happiness), the policy increases the effects by an additionnal 3 points of the value (for my examples, from +2 to +5 Science on Resource or +9 Happiness).

I think the key here is "points of percentage" versus "flat value". For those unfamiliar with the concept, it can be confusing.

"Sum" is trying to explain that if you have two monopolies that do the same thing (eg two monopolies both give improved Golden Age duration), Colonialism still only boosts Golden Age duration by 10%.
It's really, really confusing. I doubt that anyone without your help would catch up with that.

It's really, really confusing. I doubt that anyone without your help would catch up with that.

My mastery over English has never been optimal, but I may try to reformulate it in a more understandable manner.

No issues, after playing some with 3rd/4th I tested this version with no extra mods.
It felt easier, not sure if the version or if AI runs away more with 3/4 component.

Yes I read that a as 3 happy /monopoly but apparently it boosts the monopolys so amber (which is happy) goes from 3 -> 6 and marble (which is culture) goes from 10 -> 20% culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom