Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no information on bananas when we are working, on other resources everything is fine.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-10-29 045908.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2023-10-29 045908.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
My road rate production is 3 turns even with both 25% improvements. Is that intended?

My road rate production is 3 turns even with both 25% improvements. Is that intended?
Side effect of finally fixing build time. You can propose for a better % next congress.

Old:
Base time = 400
Work rate = 90
# turns = ceil(400 / (90 * (1 + 50%))) - 1 = 2

Current:
Base time = 300
Work rate = 90
# turns = ceil(300 / (90 * (1 + 50%))) = 3

Bananas don't have yields when worked nor a monopoly. There's nothing to show.

Alot of the computer countries are still not expanding enough, that needs to be tweaked a little bit more. Great work thou

Some thoughts regarding late game with the latest version. Playing Venice on a huge map, emperor, epic game, 22 civs.

- Decolonization (world congress proposal) is actually helpful for the player going for diplomatic victory. I (Venice, statecraft, freedom) used to have a good grip on 25/33% of the city states with a lot of back and forth and contested city states. Inca (my strongest opponent DC wise) managed to get decolonization passed and in the next 10 turns, without even trying, I am allied with more than 2/3rd of the city states and the AI can't seem to compete anymore. It gave me something like 10/15 votes while he lost several.

- AI is quite good at war but still a bit shy when attacking cities with infantry, sometimes just sitting around a crippled city for several turn without really doing anything useful.

- There was two main landmasses, I dominated mine, the other one (the widest) saw the rise of two very strong domination civs: Zulu and Songhai. At some point, Shaka massed his whole army on the far north of the continent to siege an irrelevant one city Byzantium nestled between mountains (see screenshots). He was somehow unable to take the very low HP city (because he didn't attack with his infantry I'd guess, and he didn't bring his artillery in range). In the meanwhile, Songhai is trouncing him on his southern border (gaining more than 5 cities, some in the very heartland of Zulu empire, see screenshot) and Zulu just doesn't move back south. The funny part is that at some point Byzantium capitulates to Songhai, and then only Shaka started moving back south and defending himself. If it's a "bug" I can submit it on Github I have a save.

- When playing a non domination victory, you still might want (for fun, roleplay or even to just actually try to win) to intervene in others wars to prevent a domination Civ to run away. But at that stage of the game, since you are ahead on another victory path (here DV), the AIs usually distrust/hate you and it's impossible/very hard to get an open border treaty/defensive pact thus making it impossible/very hard to try to help them. In that case, still as Venice, I wanted to fight back Songhai who was running away. Having the strongest fleet of the game I wanted to try to relieve the pressure on the Incan/French front of the war but the battlefield is too narrow and I can't maneuver effectively. So I can't help those two AI, or I would have to declare war to them, leading me to weakening them before I can safely reach Songhai's fleet (see screenshot). I don't know how it can be worked around. I am not pursuing a CV but I am accidentally culturally dominant with several civs so it would make sense that they don't open their borders (plus since I have troops nearby their borders they are more aggressive). A diplo option to offer to join a conflict (with open borders for the time of the war and any city you take is automatically liberated to the civ you're helping) would be cool but I don't know if it's doable at all.

- Otherwise the version is very good and satisfying to play. I especially like the rework of the recon line. It's very fun to play around a few of those units without feeling overpowered, it add a whole new layer of warfare to the mid/late-game.

- PS: the rework of the naval line is really great too, it makes the naval game much more engaging and interesting.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Civ5Screen0001.jpg

Civ5Screen0002.jpg

Civ5Screen0003.jpg

Last edited:
Side effect of finally fixing build time. You can propose for a better % next congress.

Old:
Base time = 400
Work rate = 90

Current:
Base time = 300
Work rate = 90
So using 25% has the same result as using 50%? So there is no advantage (road building) to getting both improvements?

Old:
Base time = 400
Work rate = 90

Current:
Base time = 300
Work rate = 90

The new formula is certainly less janky, but from the perspective of a player who only cares about the final number, what is it that was fixed?
Isn't it actually objectively broken now, as in the new result isn't the same as the old result?

A not really intended effect, right? With quite a big impact, imo You could call it a bug (or even a feature if you were microsoft...;)).
And wouldn't a better % unintendedly change the building speed for non-road improvements as well?

Last edited:
Even with the 4.2.5 hotfix the AI settles only 5-6 cities in my games (king difficulty, 10 civs, large communitas map, low sea level, epic speed) by renaissance (turn 250) and leaves half the map unsettled even territory directly next to them. This kills all the challenge and makes me stop playing that game. I played this mod over the years every couple of months and never had that ai behavior before. Usually the AI painted the map quickly and war was needed to catch up.

I have seen the AI slightly less averse to expanding. But is only very marginal. They stopped expanding once they hit 6-7 cities (authority) or 5-6 (tradition/progress). There were many prime locations that went unsettled for 100+turns, even though all of the AI have 80+:c5happy:. On epic speed, by turn 300 most AI only have ~6 cities. In the past remember they would go 10+ (authority) and really grab all of the prime locations.

what is it that was fixed?
The fact that when you start the build it deducts two turns worth of work off the cost immediately?

It's a bit confusing when you select a worker who is improving a tile to check how long it takes to finish the job, the turns displayed are always wrong (1 more iirc).

Version 4.2.6 has been released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Increased AI willingness to resurrect dead players
- Fixed a crash whenever the AI obtains a B17 Bomber
- Fixed longstanding early starvation bug
- Fixed NoMinorCivGift column not working properly
- Fixed an issue with the Find Player quest in Community Patch Only
- Fixed Global Liberation taking effect when a player with Iron Fist has teammates who don't
- Fixed the tooltip for Third Alternative
- Adjusted a compatibility file for EMR modmod
- Code cleanup

Online as of 9:39 AM CST. Savegame compatible with 4.2 versions.

I declare 4.2.6 to be stable (now that a previously undiscovered crash in 4.2.5 is fixed).

Version 4.2.7 has been released. Link in OP has been updated.

Changelog:
Code:
- Tactical AI improvements and bugfixes
- Pathfinder fixes and performance improvements
- Improved Settler production logic, increased expansion further

Online as of 12:27 PM CST. Savegame compatible with 4.2 versions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom