News:SGOTM 20 Sign up Thread - Spreading The Faiths

I've never played one of these before but now it is a Standard sized map I'm up for it. Generally I can win on Monarch but I do have a few Emperor wins under my belt.

Would prefer a team with lots of discussion - hoping to learn a lot!

I have the CD version if that helps (I have Steam as well but don't use that).

Hi, welcome.

Some players have reported that if they have both Steam and DVD versions, the Steam auto-updater also finds and updates their DVD version.

...Some players have reported that if they have both Steam and DVD versions, the Steam auto-updater also finds and updates their DVD version.
I wonders :confused: for this case, would turning off Steam updates and then reinstalling the disk versions allow play with the current BUFFY mod?
Spoiler :
What a pain! :cry:

Some have reported problems getting the "steam auto updates off" to stay off.

Looks like there is a problem at every juncture.

dV

Some have reported problems getting the "steam auto updates off" to stay off.
I've read about this matter on the TW forums and the only way to stop Steam updating games is to go offline. I think this is correct.

A good solution can be the one i proposed in the other thread, if viable of course.

Before I post more about this, should we move the coping with Steam update discussion to a different thread?

dV

SGOTM-specific discussions should be in the discussion thread, please. Not in the sign-up thread.

I would like to be moved from unallocated to Xteam.

Can you please put me in Unusual Suspects

Great find, GKey :goodjob: :thanx:

No team splitting required, now.

Deadline of completion is now changed to October 31.

Hi Alan,

The members of Unusual Suspects and XTeam have agreed that we would like to merge for SGOTM20.

We wish to be called the Unusual XTeam.

I think Leif will be our captain, he just doesn't know it yet.

I've merged the two teams. However ...

Note that we currently have 33 signed up players, and you have cornered nearly 25% of them. If every team wanted eight players, we would only have enough for four teams.

I have added some notes to the first post re. the Steam update issue.

The notes provide a link to the installation instructions for the Steam "beta" that is compatible with the DVD version, and to a SGOTM 19 start file that you can use to test that your BtS is compatible.

I've merged the two teams. However ...

Note that we currently have 33 signed up players, and you have cornered nearly 25% of them. If every team wanted eight players, we would only have enough for four teams.
If the three teams with 5 each draft one of the three unallocated, they'd each have six. Five teams of six (a few with 1 or 2 more) is probably about as good as it gets with 33 participants.

dV

But 33 participants could support six teams, three having 5 and three having 6 members. I think that would be better balanced. And you would at least have to score in the top half to medal.

Deckhand some of the players that signed up are not playing turns. If you make a team of five people and one of them doesnt play turns that would be quite small.

You are right that having more teams would increase competition. But remember that competition is just a tool to make the game intresting. The whole 'playing as a team' thing with the exchange of ideas, tweaking strategies and fooling around is another. If the competition has to suffer a little so that the team can feel more active than thats totaly fine. At least thats what I think.

Top Bottom