[BTS] News: SGOTM 24 Sign-up Thread - Sitting Bull, Defender of the Trees

Welcome, obeliskgolum and flager! Tell us about yourselves. What sort of level do you play at?

Hi sossos. I've set up your new team

Welcome, obeliskgolum and flager! Tell us about yourselves. What sort of level do you play at?

Hi AlanH,

I usually play deity games, though most of them were abandoned...

Sossos is famous in a Chinese forum. I've learnt a lot of techniques from his and many others' threads. Some of their games are really impressive.

Done. 17 players and still counting. We could have three teams if we go with six per team. Maybe four?

@Fippy - do you expect any other players to sign up for your Dancing Bears team?

Possibly, they are still considering i think.

Would like to mention that i created a new team so we have more, i think it's more interesting when several teams are available to follow.
So i would be fine with only ~3 total players in my team, if you do not like that thought okay but it's what i would prefer (for mine).

Hi all

Just realized that I am still playing Civ4 in 2017(and civ3 was my first civ game. Spearmen >>>>>> Tanks) :lol:
I play at immortal now :scan: and didn't play SGOTM yet. Let's have fun;)

Turbo Ants, please!

Done. 17 players and still counting. We could have three teams if we go with six per team. Maybe four?
Four teams is better than three, I would think, with four or five players, but whatever you decide is fine with me. Just as long as we field a game. :)

I don't see PR reforming this game. (Most of our previous players are busy in real life.) I will join Dancing Bears. I would prefer 5 teams. Me and Mylene are happy for a smaller team. To get 5 teams people need to be inviting other players? It would also need someone else to lead a new team and find some new players. Where is Neil and other regulars??

At this stage it might be interesting if TA could form 2 teams? 3 teams with 3 laurels implies everyone is a winner.

@ Fippy - There are only three days left on my proposed timetable, so I hope your new players can get here in time :)

Gumbolt has asked to join you.

Three players in a team is just about ok, as long as they can last the course. The problems with small teams in the past have been when people had to drop out leaving only one or two players to play the later part of the game. It departs from the spirit of a team game, and it becomes a chore.

@Gumbolt. Is Mylene planning to sign up?

TA is only five strong currently. A split is not really an option. Just need a few more players, and we could field five teams with four or five each.

Mylene=Fippy. ;) She changed her name a year or so back.

Were not worried about 3 players as we know we are always about. I agree there is some risk. The risk of a new player dropping out I find is usually much higher. Time zones can also be an issue as were both European. Any US player may struggle to see us after midnight UK/Europe time.

;) 4 players would be fine too, if an unallocated needs a home.
If you can use / need everyone for other teams, 3 players works.
Gumbolt was one of 2 considering to join me. Waiting on one more decision now, we will let you know soon.

Drag and drop it onto the edit window. There's also a button called "Upload a File" next to "Post Reply".

Top Bottom