Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

And I'll stop discussing it here, mainly wanted to point out the custom menu. :lol:
Good to know it is possible :)
[to_xp]Gekko;9809289 said:
I WILL buy civ V to play Orbis II :D
You might want to first play a few unmodded games to appreciate my work ;)
He's ALIVE!
When you start making Orbis II I'll try to work on Cross-Platform Compatibility
I am. Was there a discussion regarding my well-being? I know I really should read through last few months of posts here, but I am too ashamed to do so :blush:

And regarding making Civ5 Orbis 2, I am already doing it. But as it is impossible to make proper mod, I am editing base game ;)
It might be hard to make a conversion back to civ4 - the games are different, and some things I am designing to take advantage of new possibilities in Civ5. Plus the game will be different - close to my additions to FfH2 but not so close to FfH2 itself.

Below you can see part (25%) of the tech tree of Orbis2 (medieval and start of renaissance). I still work on it, but general ideas can be already seen.
I am thinking of starting a pre-release thread discussing ideas for the mod, but I am not sure where to put it - here or find a place in Civ5 forums.

Attachments

• medieval techtree.jpg
    medieval techtree.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 490
Was there a discussion regarding my well-being? I know I really should read through last few months of posts here, but I am too ashamed to do so :blush:

Nah, you don't need to worry. We all figured that you were simply exhausted with working on Orbis and had more important things to do. But you might want to put some post here and there to let people know that the mod is under management again. 'Fraid most consider Orbis to be dead by now, especially since Wildmana and Rife are also in snooze mode, which sort of makes the forums even more quiet than usual.

Almost sad to see that so many are turning to CIV 5, though it does make a lot of sense to stay with the crowds I guess. I'm sure the game will become more appealing to me once the mod community manages to bring some fun into it.

Below you can see part (25%) of the tech tree of Orbis2 (medieval and start of renaissance). I still work on it, but general ideas can be already seen.
I am thinking of starting a pre-release thread discussing ideas for the mod, but I am not sure where to put it - here or find a place in Civ5 forums.

Is it ending on Renaissance or industrial age ?
It's hard to say anything about it, but I think I like Witchcraft/Occultism - it somehow suggest that magic in this world is forbidden lore, not technology ;)
I guess it's time to buy and play ciV so I will know how much better Orbis 2 is ;)

Almost sad to see that so many are turning to CIV 5, though it does make a lot of sense to stay with the crowds I guess. I'm sure the game will become more appealing to me once the mod community manages to bring some fun into it.
Well, it is hard to invest ones time knowing that more and more people will move to the new game. For me, it is also an opportunity to do some things different.
FfH2 is great, but it is also and already defined and described world> Now I plan to create something on my own.
Is it ending on Renaissance or industrial age ?
It's hard to say anything about it, but I think I like Witchcraft/Occultism - it somehow suggest that magic in this world is forbidden lore, not technology ;)
I guess it's time to buy and play ciV so I will know how much better Orbis 2 is ;)
Steam age ;) You may call it industrial, but there will also be magic.
Not really. It may be forbidden in some societes, but other practice it openly.
The names came from real world and I want to have some connection between the names and what they actually do, but trust me, the magic will be there and it will be "technology". But it might be less powerfull than in Orbis 1.

Anyway, I propose to move all further discussions into the new thread dedicated to Orbis 2: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395134
Let's keep this one for Orbis bugs - even if I do not know if I will ever fix those.

I got a CTD my first time playing when i tried to explore a tribal village as the mechanos

I can't believe that this isn't a known bug, but I don't see it documented..... Playing as the Illians after converting to Universalism, I still need temples to build priest of the hand.

just installed 1.0 and b patch and I can't help noticing my game is rather quiet. I think it may have something to do with these messages I keep getting along the lines of
"could not find file sounds/soundtrack/ancient/ECTheHouse"
or
"...runes/TWD2HeartOfWaterTheme"
I checked in the sounds/soundtrack folder of the mod and found like two files. Should I just yank the soundtrack from FFH2 and plop them all in there or what?

just installed 1.0 and b patch and I can't help noticing my game is rather quiet. I think it may have something to do with these messages I keep getting along the lines of
"could not find file sounds/soundtrack/ancient/ECTheHouse"
or
"...runes/TWD2HeartOfWaterTheme"
I checked in the sounds/soundtrack folder of the mod and found like two files. Should I just yank the soundtrack from FFH2 and plop them all in there or what?

You must download and install soundtrack, it is in separate file.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315887

Hoop! There's the problem. Thanks much.

Crash to desktop as the lizard guys - happens both when I move the scout to the tribal village and also to the citadel. No custom options are selected - game was created through "Play Now!" Autosave is attached.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_Turn_0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    52.4 KB · Views: 338
Playing the Palatinate civilization, I got the following Python Exception:

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 75, in handleEvent
File "CvCustomEventManager", line 86, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 1856, in onUnitKilled
Name Error: global name 'pCapitalPlot' is not defined

A slave had just died on a farm tile so this was probably Poludnica trying to spawn.

Repeatable CtD when research of Smelting is completed. The crash can be delayed by researching other things. Attempting to enter world builder causes a CtD as well. I assume that some sort of illegal resource placement involving Iron has occurred, but without access to world builder I am unable to confirm. Map was generated by the standard Pangea mapscript on the standard resource setting and without the Blessing of Amathaon option turned on. No modifications were made to the map. No guilds have been founded.

Attachments

• Korinna the Protector Turn_0370.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
When you upgrade Radiant Guard to Vicar you can then promote them to SunIII. So you end up with insane number of Aurealis summoners. I believe this to be exploit.

I am having problems taking the city of Verezzo from the Mechanos. It does not seem to matter which units I move into the city, it will no trigger the capture dialog. I had this happen once before with the city of Luccini. It finally triggered when I moved a unit out and back it. However, it did not happen taking any other city.

I have also noticed enemy units seem to be able into (and sometimes recapture) keeps/castles I am holding even when I have units stationed in them.

I would attach an example file of the two issues I am encountering, however both the files I have demonstrating the first issue and the file I have demonstrating both issues within a turn of one another are over the 2mb limit.

Never mind... I realized that both situations may be due to being in control of the Nox Noctis - in the case of Verezzo and Luccini, I was attacking from land I controlled. In the case of castles/keeps/forts/etc. being taking out from under me might be because I was unseen...

A bug from earlier versions of FfH that caused blight to trigger twice for players (but not for AI) is present in Orbis. The thread that dealt with the issue for the original FfH mod can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=376156&page=2

I'm not certain if it's *exactly* the same problem, but all the hallmarks are there, and I've confirmed that the second trigger does indeed happen when clicking "continue" on the event message.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but the Crusade civic is available to every civ. This is terribly annoying and ends up with everyone being at war with each other forever.

The change in crusade civic was intentional. I did not want to have civics designed for just one civ, plus it made sense for other civs to be able to go crusading.
It should not prevent the AI from signing peace though. The only thing I can think of is reduced war wearness. But the AI should still try to make peace when defeated.

I do not want crusade to be bannor-only again and would prefer to fix it for other civs instead. If there are any other problems regarding crusade, or if the total war happens often, let me know.

On the related note, I have finally finished fixing bugs that have been reported in this thread. I feel really ashamed reading bug reports that are almost two years old - and until now, not fixed. I AM TERRIBLY SORRY GUYS!!!! :(
The complete changelog is in the first post of this thread. I managed to fix almost all bugs I was able to reproduce.
Two things are listed as not fixed though. Lizard slaves would be easy, but I am not sure if I should add another cage. One of the reasons is balance.
Scenarios are though to do - but I managed to keep them playable for a long time and it used to be fun playing most of them in orbis. I might try to recover at least some of them - but I am not sure if it is worth the time investment. Anyone interested?

If you have any bug not listed in the changelog, you might want to post it here. Some of the bugs I hope will go away as a consequence of other fixes. Equipment art fix and especially the memory allocation fix might help with crashes and corrupted saves.

Ayway, with all this done, I plan to realease Orbis 1.1 soon (at the beginning of the next week, probably monday).

Top Bottom