Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Fantastic! The only thing I'd change is the asterix marking Lima.

Leugi said:
Also two things. First... I'm planning to make a simple mod that adds some American CS to the game, so suggestions are welcome! Right now I have 2 that will make it, Kuhikugu and Caral!

The idea is to add some representation to cultures that otherwise are too obscure and unknown to make them full civs. And also, should another CS have to be replaced, (say, La Venta) it also gives me more options. So, if anyone knows of a CS that should be ingame, just say!

Pampa de Llamas Moxeke is a decent choice, as it was arguably the first unified state in the Americas. The Pipil in El Salvador could also work as either a CS or proper civ. There were also lots of smallish polities based in Colombia/Ecuador, you could probably find a map somewhere.

As for recommending civs, I vote for the Muskogee. They controlled a big chunk of the southeastern US. The Purhepecha are also an excellent choice, although there were a number of other cultures in the area, notably Teuchitlan.

I'm planning to make some ethnically accurate city sets when I figure it out, and West Mexico is on my list, along with a Mayan/Central Mexican set, and a few others I don't want to reveal yet ;)

BTW, I want to make an axeman, maceman, and a cargo ship for Moche/Chimu/Sican civs, as the north coast civs had a unique style.

Were you intending on making the Zapotecs, Olmecs, and/or Mixtecs when you found your way tot he Central American civs? I can't remember if you ever had said you were, and there's a lot of pages to go through to look. I'm just curious since you're going all-out on native cultures now, haha.

Were you intending on making the Zapotecs, Olmecs, and/or Mixtecs when you found your way tot he Central American civs? I can't remember if you ever had said you were, and there's a lot of pages to go through to look. I'm just curious since you're going all-out on native cultures now, haha.

You can see the master list in this post.

You can see the master list in this post.
I had seen that, haha, I couldn't remember where it was. I don't see the Zapotec's on that list, though, so I'll suggest a possibility for them:

ZAPOTECS:
Capital: Monte Albán
Possible Cities:
-San José Mogote
-Mitla
-Lambityeco
-Dainzu
-Yagul
-El Palmillo
-Zaachila

Leader: Cosijoeza
UA: Danzante(?) - ???
UU: Cotton Armor [?] - ???

I notice that you don't have a Science-based civ at all, haha, so my suggestion for Zapotecs is that they be that civ. The reason why is that the Zapotecs had possibly the first writing system developed in Mesoamerica (though it debated whether the Olmecs' system came first by a hundred-or-so years), and they were advanced for their time compared to neighboring cultures, so a UA based around science bonuses would not seem out of place. but that's just me, and I can't think of an actual UA. The UU should involve their Cotton Armor, but I do not know what unit it would/should replace.

That's about all I have, haha. I know that Oaxaca is covered by the territory of the Mixtecs, though, so this is just more of a suggestions.

Leugi, your list was awesome, but I thought that maybe Uruguay should deserve a place in the sun too. A nation created in the middle of constant wars between Portugal and Spain and later, Brazil and Argentina. It became the "Switzerland of America" in the first half of 20th century, becoming a nation focused in the agriculture and pasture. Nowadays is one of the most progressive nations in civil rights in the whole American continent. It would be nice to see they represented too.

I believe that the problem is that culturally Uruguay has never had many things that make it stand out, it has always stayed out of conflict and the spotlight, of course it sure shows that doing that payed off in the end, but it doesn't make for an interesting civ.

Well, for now I have no plans of adding names into the list. I understand that in fact both Uruguay and the Zapotecs have more than enough to be made as full civs, but I think my list is already quite big hehe... Once I finish the ones already planned, I can add more, sure :D

Anyway, more Perú!:
The amazing icon for the Husares de Junin is made by Jan. Also, the UB icon is based on the museum for the Señor de Sipán :D

Also, minor fix for Tiwanaku, it should now gift the Shrines after Pottery on King.

So I was thinking about the Cherokee the other day, and thought about this UA:

Civilized Tribes - -33% :c5angry: from :tourism: influence. Research technologies faster when being influenced by other Civilizations.

So say you're up against Brazil and they've gotten to the "exotic" level of influence. Your science per turn increases by...let's say 10%. And then the research bonus increases as the influence level increases (with Dominant providing the largest.)

It's supposed to simulate how the Cherokee adapted to and assimilated parts of American/Spanish/English culture before Andrew Jackson screwed them over.

For a UU, some form of Rifleman replacement would be good - as a reference to their part in the American Civil War, which is downright fascinating.

Anyway, more Perú!:

The amazing icon for the Husares de Junin is made by Jan. Also, the UB icon is based on the museum for the Señor de Sipán :D

Also, minor fix for Tiwanaku, it should now gift the Shrines after Pottery on King.

All amazing, but I shudder at trying to find another white-red combination not already used.

Well, its a relatively darker and less saturated red than Austria's and the symbol is not white but rather a bit creamy... but yeah, at this rate we'll run out of colors :p

So I was thinking about the Cherokee the other day, and thought about this UA:

Civilized Tribes - -33% :c5angry: from :tourism: influence. Research technologies faster when being influenced by other Civilizations.

So say you're up against Brazil and they've gotten to the "exotic" level of influence. Your science per turn increases by...let's say 10%. And then the research bonus increases as the influence level increases (with Dominant providing the largest.)

It's supposed to simulate how the Cherokee adapted to and assimilated parts of American/Spanish/English culture before Andrew Jackson screwed them over.

For a UU, some form of Rifleman replacement would be good - as a reference to their part in the American Civil War, which is downright fascinating.

Sounds like good ideas, maybe to give it a nicer ring we could call the UA "Resistance of the Civilized Tribe".

Beautiful art. Like th others have said, I'm seriously worried about colors. Luckily, there are tons out there - might just have to get a little unorthodox, and the clear color distinctions that were present in the original 43 might be somewhat diminished.

Husars look very nice but they kinda look summilar to Austrias, and you should keep this color combination for icon, because soft red and vanilla white is rare combination

Nice work on Peru, it looks great.

As for the Zapotecs not being on the list, I think that most of the classical Zapotec cities could be added to the Mixtecs, as they did conquer them and force them out into Tehuantepec. An option could be to include them as a CS.

Sounds like good ideas, maybe to give it a nicer ring we could call the UA "Resistance of the Civilized Tribe".

I'd avoid using the term "Civilized Tribe," actually. It has a complicated history, and it's really troublesome outside certain contexts (potentially hypocritical of me to say this, since I used the phrase "Five Civilized Tribes" earlier in this thread, but I was referring to a particular historical context that wasn't readily apparent to all of you not inside my head at the time, which I hope was everyone but me).

As an alternative, I recommend "The Cherokee Phoenix." It's the name of the Cherokee national newspaper, a potent symbol of cultural adaptation and innovation. As a bonus feature, John Ross' Cherokee name, Guwisguwi, is also a reference to a mythical bird. I assume you'll be using Ross as the Leader, right?

All amazing, but I shudder at trying to find another white-red combination not already used.

If the red is more of a dark pink colour then it doesn't conflict with Austria...

Top Bottom