Random Rants 75: This is Bat Country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital antennas are pretty easy to hook up. Don't watch a ton of sports so I never got around to actually mounting mine where it would pick up well though, which was interesting because it then let me see what programming comes in when you can't pick up Chicago. Religious, Hispanic, Westerns, PBS, and Fox. Social realignment is interesting.

Get an amplifier if you get an OTA antenna. It makes a huge difference in the number of channels you get.

Feeling kind of rubbish right now. No real reason for it.

Lady friend has decided she isn't ready for a committed relationship. It looks, by all appearances, to be dead on arrival.

Womp womp. It was an interesting three months, though.

Lady friend has decided she isn't ready for a committed relationship. It looks, by all appearances, to be dead on arrival.

Womp womp. It was an interesting three months, though.
Oh dear I'm so terribly sorry, how are you feeling?

Oh dear I'm so terribly sorry, how are you feeling?

I'm fine! I mean, it sucks, but nobody is at fault. She's a little younger than me and just got out of a particularly bad situation. It's understandable to not want to be comparatively burdened by a romantic commitment. Unfortunately I'm not good with half-measures so I can't do a hands-off "I'm into you but we're not a thing" song and dance for an undetermined amount of time. I need to know what I'm working towards and that's just too much of an unknown for me.

So while the situation certainly isn't ideal, the reasoning behind it is something difficult to argue with. Trying to force something would have made both of us miserable, and as it stands there's still a chance for something to happen in the future should she become ready and decides to come back. Right now there's no contact because we were very much not good at being platonic. That may be permanent, who knows? Either way it's nice to be capable of making a decision that is in both of our interests without feeling like someone is to blame or committed a grievance.

Rant: Went to the grocery store for something and came across somebody who I swore had taken a bath in cologne. The smell set off a migraine. I'm feeling better now at least.

Rather that than being in close quarters with those that haven't bathed.

From that response, I'm going to guess you've never suffered a migraine.

Rather that than being in close quarters with those that haven't bathed.

B.O. is nauseating, cologne/perfume is skull-splitting. Neither are great but I'd personally take the nausea.

Yeah, probably true. Migraines have been rare for me (thank god) but I don't enjoy the physical ills from the other. I have thrown up on a crowded train.

Ugh ... I'm on a super boring call for work that's running fifteen minutes over and has no signs of slowing down. I've got another meeting at 4 pm and I was really looking forward to having an hour off in between. And it doesn't help I'm really hungry and I'm starting to feel a little irritable right now (and I still have three hours until I have "dinner")

EDIT: Half an hour and still going *cries*
EDIT2: OMG now more than an hour over :(

Last edited:
Aren't you working from home today?

Yes, but I'm chained to my desk while I'm listening to this call :(

I have blue tooth headphones so I can even reach the bathroom. Which is sometimes appropriate for the dreck I have to listen too ;) Of course a handy mute button is a requirement.

B.O. is nauseating, cologne/perfume is skull-splitting. Neither are great but I'd personally take the nausea.

To make things even more fun, migraines also commonly come along with nausea.

Yes, but I'm chained to my desk while I'm listening to this call :(
So you can play videogames at least, since you're not using the computer for anything else?

Rant: Went to the grocery store for something and came across somebody who I swore had taken a bath in cologne. The smell set off a migraine. I'm feeling better now at least.
:hug:

I'm reminded of a typing client I had once, back in the '90s. He must have dumped a gallon of that crap over himself just before bringing me his paper. I'm told I sound young over the phone, so he must have been expecting someone 10-12 years younger, without allergies to that stuff. The next time he wanted an essay done, I told him I was fully booked (I wasn't, but at that point I wasn't willing to have my respiratory system assaulted for such a short assignment).

Rant: I got out of bed to use the toilet and stepped in a nice pile of cat vomit. Ewwww.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom