Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I awoke this morning in my family's apartment to find myself inexplicably transformed overnight into a gigantic insect. :mad:

Ireland's football team is absolutely terrible.

At least Northern Ireland beat Poland :p

My internet has been highly erratic today. :mad:
I awoke this morning in my family's apartment to find myself inexplicably transformed overnight into a gigantic insect. :mad:
I think that happened a lot longer ago than just this morning dude. ;)

I hate procrastination.

On the other hand, I really want it to be Tuesday, so I can hear back from the rest of my colleges. It's tough to reconcile these two ideas...

On the other hand, I really want it to be Tuesday, so I can hear back from the rest of my colleges. It's tough to reconcile these two ideas...

That happens a lot for me. :(

Okay, I just finished analyzing the form of a Sonata.

The guy who wrote it is insane. The thing changes harmonies in the exposition twice every bar (and the piece is quite fast, too, after all the form is not called "Sonata-Allegro" for nothing), almost seeming like the weirdo who composed it goes on purpose to keys that are 4-5 fifths apart from each other, on every single harmony change! On top of that, the development is absolutely insane and goes through a total of 12 different keys with 2-3 different variants of chords for each of those (sometimes even with things like 9ths in the bass line, which is considered highly illegal in normal harmony, nonchords, chords made from fourths, etc). Then the recapitulation is crazy too, with the second group of themes not in the key of the first theme, but broke apart and transposed in every key known to man. :crazyeye: And then at the Coda, aka the final, this first part of the Sonata ends beautifully with an 8 bar classical cadence with a crystal clear major chord in root position. :lol:

Sorry, I just had to take that out of my system after an hour of continuous work on clarifying the damn thing. I still have to make a "map" of the piece, but that should be easy now that I have it all cleared up.

Yeah, weirded me out too. Guess it's different in Europe.

Yeah, we changed our daylight savings system a few years ago, but the Europeans didn't. (Actually, I think they were off by a week anyway, but now the difference is double.)

Know how when you spend extended periods of time with the same group of people, they start to get on your nerves? That's what's happening to me right now with the jazz band.

Well I do remember that, but what's that have to do with this? One, as I said, the stuff on the test was first of all complete nonsense and was also not gone over in class, so you can't even try to decipher what he was looking for based on what he's said in class. But besides that, he said during the test, that he'll basically grade the tests not on if you get the answers right but if he feels you understand the material, which basically means if he likes you.

Erm, do you see a 1000th post yet?

Now its over. When I say. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom