Random Raves 40: Happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that both Snerk and I meant that you could make the price seem smaller by thinking of buying it by unit of weight, instead of by unit of stuffed penguin.

To make this work even better, neglect checking your bank statement for a month afterwards... :mischief:

Yeah, I know you're talking about the psychological angle of it. And I do appreciate the attempt to cheer me up. :grouphug:

Unfortunately, however, this is one time when I literally can't afford the temptation. The end result - no matter how I chose to rationalize it - would be paying $$$ more than I could possibly afford unless I either won the lottery or inherited something from a long-lost relative. I don't play the lottery, and the only other relative I have who I could reasonably expect anything from is my dad - and I'd rather he stay alive as long as he can, as long as he's not suffering - so that very large, adorable penguin is never going to have a home here.

It would sure be interesting to see Maddy's reaction if I did get it, though. I don't know how she'd react. I once had a dog who was afraid of jack-o'lanterns and guitars.

To make this work even better, neglect checking your bank statement for a month afterwards... :mischief:
Sorry, the only entirely guilt-free indulgences I allow myself are books for Christmas and birthday. I'm about to complete my Indigo order in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom