Random Raves 40: Happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I would have been very confused by that. A text at 10 pm ? Yeah, self-explanatory. 3 am ? Same thing. But 5 am is already early morning. Maybe she has an appointment and just needs a cat sitter (not an euphemism).

It would also have been rather hard to arrange a prompt assignation with someone who lives several states away

Oh, I missed that.
Now it's just more confusing.

Him and his wife keep popping out kids. He's always tired and out of it. If you ask me, it's about time
I supposed it would be something like that, but my facial expression has more to do with the fact that his underlings are aware of such things. And that they then share it online.
It would also have been rather hard to arrange a prompt assignation with someone who lives several states away
You should get your own teleporter.

You could also learn applied magic. It's just a thought.

I supposed it would be something like that, but my facial expression has more to do with the fact that his underlings are aware of such things. And that they then share it online.

Vasectomies are essentially water cooler talk in offices in North America.

Though thinking about it, that does seem fairly strange...

You should get your own teleporter.

When you said "underlings" at first I thought you were talking about his balls

Yay, finally some good things to mention.

1. I won the argument with the telecom company. That $147 bill got dropped to $23 (rounded up). Between numerous emails from the leasing agent (explaining why I really didn't owe all that money because of the incentive offered me to re-sign my lease) and numerous phone calls from me (explaining the same thing), plus an agent discovering that the tech guy had neglected to get my permission in writing before adding a piece of equipment down here... the rest of the charges went away. I don't care if the property management company is going to pay them or if the telecom is going to write them off. They tried to charge me $$$ more than I should have paid, and they assumed I'd just give up and pay.

Nope. It pays to be stubborn. And hopefully the other tenants will be stubborn as well, as I heard that they're trying this stunt with at least one other tenant in this building who just moved in.

2. My birthday is coming up next week (Friday). I've been getting a few bonuses and discounts emailed from various companies and stores where I joined their loyalty programs. So a $5 discount off my next order from London Drugs (was intending to place an order soon) and 10 points toward a free pizza (those 10 points are good for an order of bread sticks by themselves), and it's enough to cheer me up a bit.

3. I do believe the Saga of the Sink is finally over. After it nearly overflowed one night and I noticed disgusting food particles in the soap and water that was in it, I told the manager... who was horrified and put in a call to a plumber. The plumber came, and so far I have not had anyone's food-infested wash water regurgitating itself into my sink.

Last edited:
And they had better do as they are told.

Particularly in Canada, where it's frequently cold enough to freeze them off a brass Warpus!

Dozens of responses today to my trolling on Breitbart, including death threats. Been a while since I landed such a well placed kick to that hornet's nest of deplorables.

I'd recommend doing that via PM, if you're going to do it at all.

So it is. Happy Pentecost to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom