Release 3.0 has been published - Feedback please here

Cannot thank y'all enough for keeping the dream alive. Your tireless efforts all these years has kept Civ4: Colonization a true "just one more turn..." game.

My REAL dream, though--a dream which will doubtlessly never be realized--is for Firaxis to re-release Civ 4: Colonization, WITH all the "We the People" features added in (legally they could, as I'm sure y'all know), perhaps as a 25th Anniversay Edition package or something.

Millions of people should get to see and enjoy what this game has become over the years, rather than just however many thousands still play it.

Still, your efforts ARE appreciated. =)

My REAL dream, though--a dream which will doubtlessly never be realized--is for Firaxis to re-release Civ 4: Colonization, WITH all the "We the People" features added in (legally they could, as I'm sure y'all know), perhaps as a 25th Anniversay Edition package or something.
That won't happen because we need consent from all contributors to change status from free to "included in a paid product". First problem is that we don't have a list of "all contributors". I can think of other issues as well.

We can however add it to steam workshop should Firaxis decide to add support for that.

That won't happen because we need consent from all contributors to change status from free to "included in a paid product".
That is not completely correct. :)

Legally "Firaxis and 2K" own everything we modders did.
They would probably first ask for consent of the community though to avoid a sh** storm.

If they wanted to make an "enhanced edition of Civ4Col" and include WTP they could.
(Just like they did with "Civ4BTS Game of the Year Edition".)

----

Summary:

Legally this mod is not ours. But "Firaxis / 2K" would for sure aks for our consent if they wanted to publish it for free in a "Civ4Col Enhanced Edition".
(Otherwise any attempt to take it away from us would result in a sh** storm from modding community which no reasonable publisher would ever risk.)

Selling the mod itself (as standalone) is impossible though - definitely not without modders consent...
Adding it for free in a "Civ4Col Enhanced Edition" is very much possible though.
("Firaxis / 2K" would of course ask for consent of communtiy for reasons of "politeness" / "political correctness" to avoid a sh** storm.)

OK, a legit bug report now. I'm suspecting it'd be far from high priority due to being kind of a fringe case but maybe one day...
Any chance for 3840x1600 widescreen support? It works perfectly everywhere except for the modded city screen where stuff just gets blown way out of borders. It seems to only be a problem in the "city radius" part of the screen actually - plus anything near this square. E.g., hover on the culture yield on top shows terrain yields instead (see screenshot) in combination with the actual yields you want to see being hidden.
I'm guessing the city yields square scaling is tied to the horizontal res. If that's the case and it was possible to instead tie it to vertical - could this be an easy solution? For example, there's no scaling problem if switched to non-wide 2560x1600 res.
Wide.jpg

Last edited:
Poor widescreen support is a known issue. Vanilla assumes 4:3 resolutions and if wider, it is stretched horizontally. Sometimes it just looks bad and sometimes stuff breaks. The plots on the colony screen is the worst out of all resolution issues. It is on the todo list, but it appears to be time consuming to fix, partly because part of the issue is in the exe (can't be modded) and partly because there is no standalone file for that screen. Instead it's spread all over the main interface. To make matters worse, it seems I'm the only active modder, who can fix it, but it's not like I lack tasks.

I added 3840x1600 to my list of broken resolutions, which needs to be tested when fixing this.

And yes the problem is really annoying.

It is like WOW. I've just updated, loaded my save from 2.9 (works fine BTW) and all the annoying things has just gone away. Also much more readable log on the beginning of the turn, more info in tooltips and so on. Great job, guys, can't believe such a small team makes such many improvements.

Legally "Firaxis and 2K" own everything we modders did.
They would probably first ask for consent of the community though to avoid a sh** storm.

If they wanted to make an "enhanced edition of Civ4Col" and include WTP they could.

Very true.
Like in the gog version of Galactic civilization 2 TOTA the unofficial patch (community made) included by default/ made official.
About sh storm Paradox is not so picky they had several of that when included features from mods into games official patches, largest storm was about the CK2 Holy Fury dlc because that was no free patch but official dlc.
So it only depends in practice on the publiser/ game studio on their intentions.

omg ! 3.0.1 already here :) Great!
but i didn't finish my 2.8.2.4 game, its too long :'-(

Love the coment in the "remove WorldBuilder" option ;-)
thx btw, I can make parts in serenity now

Did you remove the possibility to have a caravel in the fisrts ship wreck ? (may be since 2.9)

All unique outcomes of goody huts now have a timer (50 turns IIRC)

The timer varies for every Unique Goody. It is not always 50. There is also some randomness involved.
(They are generally somewhere between 20 turns to 50 turns. Depending on the impact of gameplay.)

3.0.1 The AI still loves to cuddle their settlements next to native villages
We never told it that it should not do that. We also explained why not. :dunno:
(Because that is not necessarily a bad thing for AI and it has other pirorities considering settling that are more important.)

3.0.1 The AI still loves to cuddle their settlements next to native villages
i think this has more to to do with how the mods indian civlizaations city generation density is setup in the CIV4CivilizationInfos file.
for example in my personal modmod i have set it up so indian tribes generate less densly and there is a bit more room for euro civs to colonize...

Hi all,

Created account so I can tell you , you doing amazing work. :) I already actively watched forum and played mod from 2.7 .. but now decided also say that you doing amazing work, created account :) . Version 3.0 looks good , but too short times to say more about, but last version 2.9 was great just on higher resolution I couldn t see example happiness plus minus stats. I still not finished that 2.9 game , but if I see more things on 3.0 , let you know..
Keep the great work !!!

is there a list of unique goody ?
It is in Civ4GoodyInfos.xml.
(The configuration that the game reads to trigger them.)

If you expect something like a "Wiki", then sorry.
Nobody has time to create and maintain it.

Top Bottom