Release Date?

The sites I've found say that the release is in Q2 in the US, but Q2 is Jan-Mar here..

The sites I've found say that the release is in Q2 in the US, but Q2 is Jan-Mar here..

Sometimes companies use different fiscal years that do not align with calendar years, so that q1 is something other than jan-mar. In the most common meaning q1 is always jan-mar, and the custom is to specify that you mean anything other than that.

:blush: oops, that happens if you don't pay enough attention to what you read: I meant May, not March.

I was very excited then got increasingly disappointed as I scrolled down. :p A March release would have been awesome!

A May 1st release would be really awesome, because that's my birthday.

I understand why TGF would be a controversial choice, and I can see why it could be offensive to include as a world wonder, since it suggests the developers believe it "beneficial" to have. However, I can also see the reason it's included. It is a real thing a real civilization could, and did, build. Keep in mind that not all Civs symbolize Freedom and Liberty; there are Honor and Autocratic policies for a reason. Some civs can work fine (gameplay-wise) with their happiness bordering Very Unhappy. It is alleged that the Pyramids were built using slave labour. The Manhattan Project is a truly terrible thing. To the real life government of China, as well as players of Civs who would benefit (gameplay-wise) of such a thing, TGF would indeed be a world wonder.

TL;DR, it's evil, but so are some Civs.

(Addendum: I wrote this back on Page 2, but forgot to hit Post and went to a different tab for a while)

I'm 99% certain that the Zavvi release date is utter bilge designed to encourage players to part with their money. Shame on them.

May 25th? Great...really excited. :D

May 25th would be great because my wife is going away to a retreat that weekend, so I can play it all day without her nagging at me to do things around the house. Although earlier would be better too.

May 25th is a placeholder date towards the end of spring (the season release was mentioned to be in) that can be brought forward with news of a release date. These companies know no better than us and it's a pessimistic guess based on the timeframe given so they can make customers happy by bringing it forward.

HOWEVER, the first placeholder date for Star Wars the old republic was on december 25th 2009, and that was released in december 2011.

May 25th means nothing in all likelihood.

In all honesty they never actually stated any official date with the exception of "Late Spring".. so.. like True Candyman said, it's all in the air atm.

Top Bottom