Request: Non-Sevopedia version, maybe?

Grave

1 Goat = 400 Horses
I don't expect you guys to pander to one lone man's request....

... but what the hell. ;)

I was wondering if you could make a version of the BUG mod without the Sevopedia? I've never been a big fan of it, mainly because it makes the unit preview window smaller. Plus in the BUG version, the Leaderhead's don't fit into their respective preview window. It looks like they're too big and you can't see the entire 3D LH.

I tried removing all of the *Pedia.py screens, but that just makes the whole Pedia not work at all.

If you don't feel like making a seperate non-Sevomod version, could one of you developers maybe PM me, and give me a quick crash course on how to remove the Sevopedia?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Other than that... FANTASTIC work! :goodjob:

I've been wanting to make Sevopedia optional since including it. It shouldn't be that hard -- I was just trying to cram as much in as I could in a short time at the start.

Optional Sevopedia would be nice.

Oh yes, how does the unit upgrade graph work in sevopedia? It broke when I changed unit upgrade paths and added bombard :)

Oh yes, how does the unit upgrade graph work in sevopedia? It broke when I changed unit upgrade paths and added bombard :)

Apparently not very well. ;) Seriously, I never looked at the code, but I think it's all done in the separate class UnitUpgradeGaph.py (sp?) in contrib. If you can specify in more detail the changes you made and how exactly it breaks, I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.

The page is empty for me these days.. Nothing more serious, just nothing at all on the Unit Upgrades page.

The changes I've made:
- added upgrades to a number of units: some UU's which I felt were reasonable builds even when their upgrades were available, and some units related to BTS events or quests (eg. regular sword - add upgrade paths as per praetorian because Elite Swords quest gives them free CR1 promotion making them hammerwise better city raiders than maces).
- added siege weapon "Bombard", tech Gunpowder additional tech Engineering, strength 6 +50% city attack .. err... cost and collateral and so on roughly halfway between treb and cannon, ignores defenses like cannon. Added flanking attack against it to Knight and Cuirassier and changed cat & treb to upgrade to Bombard instead of Cannon and made Bombard upgrade to Cannon.

And whoever chose (or designed) the XML parser used in cIV should be shot. XML comments break the files in that anything after the comment within current node will be ignored - that is, if I have eg. node <UnitInfo> and then comment somewhere within that tag, any tags before the comment are parsed as usual but any tags within <UnitInfo> node after the comment are ignored but any tags after this particular <UnitInfo> node closes are again parsed as usual. I can't even imagine how this particular error can be introduced to XML parser...

Plus in the BUG version, the Leaderhead's don't fit into their respective preview window. It looks like they're too big and you can't see the entire 3D LH.

Could that be adjusted? I prefer the structure of the Sevopedia and it would be nice to get rid of such flaws.
CellKu

If you don't feel like making a seperate non-Sevomod version, could one of you developers maybe PM me, and give me a quick crash course on how to remove the Sevopedia?

Anybody? :confused:

Sorry, Grave. I intended to do it myself on Sunday, but life intervened and I forgot to PM you.

The changes you need to make are to CvScreensInterface.py.
If you're passingly familiar with Python, it would probably be easier to start with a copy of the original version in your BtS/Assets folder.

I'd start by renaming the BUG version by adding ".bug" or whatever you want. Next copy the original BtS version to the same folder (CustomAssets). Use a diff tool like WinMerge to compare the BUG version to the original version and use its edit mode to copy the non-Sevo changes over to the original version (a copy).

I can't remember off the top of my head if you need to copy any of the changes to the input handler maps. I suspect you can skip all changes once you hit the first Sevo-related change -- I think everything from then on is Sevo-related.

Give that a shot and see if it works for you. If you have any trouble or questions, post 'em.

Sorry, Grave. I intended to do it myself on Sunday, but life intervened and I forgot to PM you.

That's OK. It happens to the best of us. ;)

I'll give this a shot later today after work and post up how it goes. :king:

Hmmm... no, not working.

I did what you said with the CvScreensInterface.py, then fired up the game. When I went to click on the Sevopedia from the main screen, it would do nothing... couldn't even get in the Pedia.

So then I did a quick search for "Sevo" in the other files, and came across the CvScreenEnums.py file. I replaced that with the original, since the only changes to that file were Sevopedia related.

But still nothing... can't get into the Civopedia.

What am I missing?

I don't know why it didn't work for you, but why bother? It's now optional and controlled by the options screen (restart required, like CDA). I ran through a bunch of screens with both versions of the pedia, but it's likely I missed something.

I updated several files in the repo, so sync the whole thing. I added two options to the INI, so feel free to just cut-n-paste the two Sevo-related options into your existing INI under the [Screens] section.

Note that I removed all CvPediaXXX files and CvScreenEnums.py as well. I renamed the Sevo versions and put them into their own directory under Contrib. Keep this in mind if you merge this with other mods.

Any ideas about upgrade graph, EF?

I'll take a look at it next week. I'd like to get a release out ASAP for people to start using with 3.13. Can you please ZIP up and PM me your changed XMLs to test?

I don't know why it didn't work for you, but why bother? It's now optional and controlled by the options screen (restart required, like CDA). I ran through a bunch of screens with both versions of the pedia, but it's likely I missed something.

I updated several files in the repo, so sync the whole thing. I added two options to the INI, so feel free to just cut-n-paste the two Sevo-related options into your existing INI under the [Screens] section.

Note that I removed all CvPediaXXX files and CvScreenEnums.py as well. I renamed the Sevo versions and put them into their own directory under Contrib. Keep this in mind if you merge this with other mods.

It's optional now? Sweet... I didn't know that. I'll have to check out the lastest version then. :)

(restart required, like CDA)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is CDA? I've been seeing this in a lot of posts now, but I'm not getting any results in my searches (prolly 'cause it's a 3 character search).

Custom Domestic Advisor has been my guess. It's all those TLAs that make world go round :)

Yes, CDA is the Customizable Domestic Adviser. I'll add a TLA-dictionary to my todo list.

And Grave, you couldn't have known it was optional because I just did it right before posting that message. It turned out not to be quite as big of a PITA as I expected, and I had said I'd do it earlier.

Guilt + Free Time = New Features + :)

And Grave, you couldn't have known it was optional because I just did it right before posting that message. It turned out not to be quite as big of a PITA as I expected, and I had said I'd do it earlier.

Well, I went and downloaded from the SVN, installed the BUG in it's own mod directory (instead of CustomAssets), and fired it up. I renamed the CustomAssets folder to Assets, etc.

Unless I did something wrong, the Civopedia won't open up, and when I go to play a game, the entire interface is gone. :confused:

Does your installation look like this?

Code:
My Documents
  My Games
    Beyond the Sword
      BUG Mod.ini
      Mods
        BUG
          Assets
            Art, Python, Res, XML
          BUG Mod.ini (or here [I]should [/I]work)

Can you please post the exception you're getting from PythonErr.log?

Does your installation look like this?

Code:
My Documents
  My Games
    Beyond the Sword
      BUG Mod.ini
      Mods
        BUG
          Assets
            Art, Python, Res, XML

Can you please post the exception you're getting from PythonErr.log?

It looks like this:

Code:
My Documents
  My Games
    Beyond the Sword
      Mods
        [COLOR="Red"]BUG Mod[/COLOR]
          Assets
            Art, Python, Res, XML

Here is my PythonErr2.log
Code:
sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'copy_reg': <module 'copy_reg' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\copy_reg.pyc'>, 'locale': <module 'locale' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\locale.pyc'>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'site': <module 'site' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\site.pyc'>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'encodings': <module 'encodings' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\encodings\__init__.pyc'>, 'os.path': <module 'ntpath' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\ntpath.pyc'>, 'encodings.codecs': None, 'ntpath': <module 'ntpath' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\ntpath.pyc'>, 'UserDict': <module 'UserDict' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\UserDict.pyc'>, 'encodings.exceptions': None, 'nt': <module 'nt' (built-in)>, 'stat': <module 'stat' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\stat.pyc'>, 'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'warnings': <module 'warnings' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\warnings.pyc'>, 'encodings.types': None, '_codecs': <module '_codecs' (built-in)>, 'encodings.cp1252': <module 'encodings.cp1252' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\encodings\cp1252.pyc'>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, 'codecs': <module 'codecs' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\codecs.pyc'>, 'types': <module 'types' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\types.pyc'>, '_locale': <module '_locale' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, 'linecache': <module 'linecache' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\linecache.pyc'>, 'encodings.aliases': <module 'encodings.aliases' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\encodings\aliases.pyc'>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>, 'os': <module 'os' from 'C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\os.pyc'>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvCustomEventManager
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module Scoreboard
load_module BugScoreOptions
load_module BugOptions
load_module RuffModControl
load_module configobj
load_module __future__
load_module re
load_module validate
validate import failed
load_module CvPath
load_module _winreg
load_module CvModName
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
  File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
  File "CvCustomEventManager", line 24, in ?
  File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
  File "CvMainInterface", line 10, in ?
  File "Scoreboard", line 7, in ?
  File "BugScoreOptions", line 6, in ?
  File "BugOptions", line 5, in ?
  File "RuffModControl", line 38, in ?
  File "RuffModControl", line 26, in read_ConfigFile
  File "configobj", line 1062, in __init__
configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed.
load_module CvAppInterface

Top Bottom