Rise of Asia

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
Lead your nation to total victory in Asia!

Civs[Location] leader (UU/unit it replaces)

SE ASIA
Champa[Vietnam] Sri Mara
Kambujadesa[Cambodia] Jayavarman II (RsI Gñkyam*female guard*)
Pyu[Burma] Anawrahta (Sangha Warrior Monk)
Sukhothai[Thailand] Suriyothai (Thai Atwin/Man at Arms)
Srivijaya[Malysia] Dapunta Hyang Çri Yacanaca
Sailendra[Indonesia] Samarottunga (Bugis Mercenary)

EAST ASIA
Han Ch'au[China] Gao Zu (Zhuge-Nu/repeating crossbow)
Bod[Tibet] Songtsen Gampo (Khampa Horsemen)
Shilla[Korea] Kim Naemul (Hwarang/Longbowman)
Wa[Japan] Ōjin (Kensai/Man at Arms)
Emishi[North Japan/Russia] Aterui (Ezo Raider/Horseman)
Ryukyukoku[Ryukyu Island Chain] Sho Hashi (Pechin/Man at Arms)
*still looking for a Cantonese or non-Han kingdom for the period*

INDIAN
Maurya[Northern India] Asoka (Kshatrya/Chariot)
Chera[Southern India] Maavali (Tamil/Spearman)
Taprobane[Sir Lanka] Kuveni
Gangahrd[Bangladesh]Shashanka
Sakya[Nepal] Arimalla (Gurka/late swordsman)
Kushan Empire[Paikistan/Hindu Kush] Kanishka (Ashvaka Lancer)

STEPPES
Khunnu Empire[Mongolia] Modun Shanyu (Mongol Heavy Cavalry)
Hun Confederacy/ Wu Hu[Eurasian Steppes] Kama (Hunnic Cavalry)

Culture major Groups
East Asia:
South East Asia:
India:
Steppes:
*Japan (Wa) may become its own culture group. Ryukyu apart of East Asia culture group.

Wonders:

Prambanan (Hinduism)
Great Wall (Masonry)
Temple of Heaven (?)
Sun Tzu's Art of War (Warrior Code)
Kabuki Theater (public entertainment?)
Golden Horde (The Horde (Steppes unqiue tech))
Angkor Temple (Fedualism)
Terracotta Army (Caste System)
Itsukushima Shrine (Shintoism (Japan's unquie tech))
Zheng He's voyage(Ocean Going Vessels?)
Shoalin Temple (?)
Taj Mahal (?)

Small Wonders:
Geat Buddha (Buddhism)
Forbiden City (?)

Unit Lines:
Land Lines
Mounted Lines
Air Lines
Special Lines coming soon

Leaderhead Progress:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=195611

You're no longer working with SoG on Battlefield Asia?

I have recieved some complaints in PMs from other members about some BA team members. Since I wasnt incharge I felt I couldnt do anything. With this mod I am in charge. And since I will make most or all of the graphics for it, I think I should be incharge of the things I make. So, SoG and the members are welcome here. But I wont accept the bad additutes of some of the members on BA.

I see.

Well, as I said before, you're free to use whatever I have on the "Art of War" mod thread. My tech tree diagrams are complete so you might find some use for them (although it's primarily centered on East Asia, not Southeast and South Asia). That mod's on hiatus since I'm working on "Seven Kingdoms." :)

Feel free to use my city graphics as well. ;)

You might want to correct your spelling. ;)

From what years does the "Ancient" era span? The way I have in "Art of War" is have the "Ancient" start at the Xia Dynasty and end at the Han Dynasty (the mod goes up only to the 18th century).

ah... I am poor at spelling ^ ^;;
ancinet is from Jomon/Yayoi ends around Heian/Kamakura
ends around 600-900ad for the world
with the start of feudalism is medievil.

I think I will have Chinese culture influence the tech tree more, like daoism, confucianism. And some other changes to make it not so universal. But I am still undecided.

Speaking of which, I have a completed naval line for the "Art of War" mod (starts from Shang Dynasty ends at Qing). You can borrow that as well. :)

Since you have this stated as a Mod, and the only even modest graphics skill I have is maps, I can't help that much, but I will certainly monitor this thread, and offer what information, advice, and references I can.

Speaking of which, you have one civ listed as Hindu. That's like calling one Civ Confucians. I would recommend calling them Maurya. didn't you do an Asoka leaderhead?

Well, if so, Wiki is outright wrong in this case.

A general sterm for people from nothern India could be useful, but doesn't seem to exist. Calling them Mauryans would be a bit like calling the English Mercians, but there's no obvious better alternative.

"Hindu" is an umbrella term created by foreigners, derived from the old Greek name of India. The British used the term "Hindu" as a term just to call everyone in India that wasn't Muslim or Christian.

The notion that "India" is a single unitary culture is not accurate. India has numerous different cultures, languages, and ethnic groups. There is a tendency on the part of other people to think that "Indian" is "Indian" when that is not neccessarily the case. You have all sorts of variations within the Indian subcontinent. I'd say that referring to all of those people as "Hindu" is the same as lumping Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans together.

Go with "Maurya" as a civ name. You can use that Asoka leaderhead.

ShiroKobbure said:
why do they say, hindi, it doesnt mean the language of hinduism does it?
It does, pretty much.

At bottom, there's a language that used to be known as "Hindustani", ie. the language of Hindustan, or north India. In the armies and bureaucracies of the Mughals and other Muslim rulers of the early modern period, a written standard form of this language was developed, and called "Urdu" (meaning "(language of the military) camp"). Since this form was associated with the Muslim elite, and had many Arab and Persian loans, it was disliked by Hindu nationalists, who in the late 19th and 20th centuries developed a rival written standard (written in the Indic devanagari script, unlike Urdu, which is written in the Arabic script), which they called "Hindi", for "Hindu-ish".

I'd take one northern and one southern kingdom, probably. Plus the Kushans, who are kinda half-Indian.

I suppose Maurya is the obvious northen choice; alternatives would be Gupta and Magadha. For the south, Pallava, Chola, and Vijayanagara are options, altho the late isn't really "ancient" (1336-1565 AD, with remains of the realm holding out for a century more).

Top Bottom