SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

You can read more about the history of AOI 4 and 5 and the errors in these versions here:

I am trying to contact El Justo about his opinion of a fixed AOI 5 download based on the next version of the C3C expansion CCM 2.50. This would reduce the download size of AOI at CFC to only some MBs, as especially most units are in the C3C expansion set, as it is shown with the RARR mod at CFC.

Independent of this, I am reflecting about a Colonial Conquest scenario, covering in era 2 the years 1900 - 1938 (based on a modified RARR techtree), in era 3 1939 - 1945 (based on a modified early techtree I had created for SOE) and in era 4 1946 - up to now (based on a modified RARR era 4 techtree). At present I am not sure, if the scenario will include in era 1 a modified CCM 2.50 techtree of era 2 of that mod. The realization of this project is in the distant future, as first the next version of CCM 2.50 and RARR and SOE (which are all based on the next version of CCM 2.50, too) must be finished. Here for the first time I will show a screenshot with an early photo montage of era 2 of the Colonial Conquest scenario project (some icons and techs still need to be readjusted, renamed or deleted):

Spoiler :
Colonial Conquests Era 2.jpg

There seems to be another, extremely strange bug with AoI.
So: I've played this scenario in a hotseat and at some point game had simply frozen during American turn (that's it - no warnings, no errors, it simply freezes) Save file (of turn right before American) is attached to this post.
I've taken look at when exactly this happened and have found out that game freezes when one of the cities (Cancun) finishes construction of hurried Deep Water Harbor. So, I've decided to turn 'Governor manages production' for that particular city, and I've got this (look at Cancun production):
Снимок экрана (300).png

After that game has frozen again, so I had to reload and turn autoproduction on for all cities after Cancun. This has worked out, but I've got this:
Снимок экрана (301).png

Cancun and La Paz are producing nothing. That's it - simply nothing. Surprisingly, that doesn't cause game to freeze upon entering neither city screen nor F1:
Снимок экрана (303).pngСнимок экрана (304).png
As you can see, Cancun (same for La Paz) can produce something, but under some reason it doesn't. My current theory is that is because of lack of both industry and colonial resourses (and literally any others as well):
Снимок экрана (302).png
If someone wants to take a look at this, I've attached this savefile (marked as "Semi-Resolved") as well.
Independent of this, I am reflecting about a Colonial Conquest scenario, covering in era 2 the years 1900 - 1938 (based on a modified RARR techtree), in era 3 1939 - 1945 (based on a modified early techtree I had created for SOE) and in era 4 1946 - up to now (based on a modified RARR era 4 techtree). At present I am not sure, if the scenario will include in era 1 a modified CCM 2.50 techtree of era 2 of that mod. The realization of this project is in the distant future, as first the next version of CCM 2.50 and RARR and SOE (which are all based on the next version of CCM 2.50, too) must be finished. Here for the first time I will show a screenshot with an early photo montage of era 2 of the Colonial Conquest scenario project (some icons and techs still need to be readjusted, renamed or deleted)
Looking forward to it:thumbsup:

Attachments

• AoI (Full Force) Semi-Resolved.SAV
    979.2 KB · Views: 30
  • AoI (Full Force).SAV
    977.9 KB · Views: 28
As you can see, Cancun (same for La Paz) can produce something, but under some reason it doesn't. My current theory is that is because of lack of both industry and colonial resourses (and literally any others as well):
Belofon, I agree that this looks very strange. So in general it is no good idea, to set a building as a prerequisite for Wealth (in AOI Taxation), in the case of Cancun this building (Business District) is in that city and therefore at least "Taxation" should be produced there.

So I downloaded all the files for AoI 5.0 because I can't help but always come back to this scenario... I'm using Steam's Civ3 Complete. And well when I go to open the scenario...

Curious what my dumb self broke hahaha

1694501988264.png

That looks like you need to check either the Pediaicons text file or the Art/Civilopedia/Building/Icons folder. Either the entry in the text file is incorrect or the file that it is referring to does not exist in the folder. If the file is not in the folder you can just copy paste another building icon file and call it ICON_BLDG_US_LMG_II.txt

Or correct the spelling mistake in the text file if there is a file in the folder that looks like it should be the file but is named slightly different.

There is a link with a ready to play version some pages back. It always gets lost, so I'll just copy the link:

It comes with a readme file regarding the labels issue. (It has 2 versions of the label.txt file but I don't remember which one is used by default).

Make sure your instillation path looks like Conquests\Scenarios\AoI\(here's where the Art/Text/Sounds folders should be), and there's not another AoI folder in between \Scenarios and \AoI

Top Bottom