SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

go up to the link Node60 has provided at OldSotnik's post 10 or 11 posts up at #7729 . The cloud.ru link still works and it has a version 5.0 as it seems . Russian language can confuse people though and it looks like it still needs assembly . Will check if ı have any of the older versions . My thing is that ı collect things from the internet on random impulses , ı have had previously posted in this thread . Meaning ı might have the rar file but ı am yet to play the scenario . That's why Blake00 is a guy you should check while looking for Civ lll things . Before putting them on his site / blog , he game tests them ; he would fix things before posting .

a short search provides nothing in his lists that ı know . Will still check the laptop .

I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure Blake did post this, with a correction. I remember installing and testing a bit, but I don't have that PC any longer.

All that matters is the post number. Go to to the page before this one and scroll down looking for post 7729.

ı have the 4.0 version from May 2012 at home . Will have it in the webcafe tomorrow God Willing to upload it on Mediafire . It works superfast as much it says on the tin . Until some moderator guy assembles the 5 version it should be passable enough .

ı have the 4.0 version from May 2012 at home . Will have it in the webcafe tomorrow God Willing to upload it on Mediafire . It works superfast as much it says on the tin . Until some moderator guy assembles the 5 version it should be passable enough .

I've already downloaded 5.0, though.

ı will upload it anyhow , considering there might be those who might want it stored for any reason .

so , version 5 downloaded , 4 uploaded . The .biq file is down the page . Mediafire link will not last long , those interested might take it without delay . As these are old and before self repairing Windows days , a powerful anti virus program will be good to use .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fbx3dw80st65c10/AoI.zip/file

Attachments

• aoi_v4.zip
    159.4 KB · Views: 75
Has anyone thought to port this mod over to a... bigger map?

I have a (potentially unhealthy) compulsion for big, thick, meaty... maps.

I am actually contemplating doing it while using TETurkhan's Test of Time 2.0 Earth Map. And if you're not aware, that's a 362x362 map. That would be 4X THE SIZE OF THE ORIGINAL MAP! I don't know if it would actually work but...

I have a problem. A serious problem. Help me! Make me well again!

Edit: Okay, my initial attempt to apply the assets of AoI to TETurkhan's map was an abject failure. What am I doing wrong?

Edit 2: Okay, it was a... partial success? It ported over the graphical assets but none of the rules changes...

Last edited:
Potomacker, thank you very much for your report. When I circle through the Dutch units at the start of AOI 5.0, I don´t find a preplaced invisible Dutch unit and the production of Amsterdam doesn´t allow the production of Belgian units. Can you please describe, where that invisible preplaced Dutch unit is placed on the map and tell me about the name of that unit. The only Belgian unit, that I found to be produced by the Dutch is the Belgian WWI Infantry (more about that below).

I´m considering to do a patch for AOI 5.0 in connection with the expanded mainfiles of my mod CCM2. So please, if you know additional errors in AOI 5.0 - this is now the time to report them.

The patch will contain a new AOI 5.0 biq (that is needed for the correction of the reported Belgian WWI Infantry error, the solution of the reported Kwantung Garrison error and the fix of the destroyer rotation error).

The problem of the Belgian WWI Infantry is, that this unit was enabled for the Dutch and not for Belgium. Here the unit must simply be disabled in the biq for the Dutch and enabled for Belgium.

The reported rotation error of the destroyer can also be fixed in the biq by a little click in the editor.

For the reported error in the setting of the Kwantung Garrison the prerequisite of a resource for that wonder must be deleted or at least changed to a Colonial resource in the biq.

The combination of the prerequisites 'Naval Base Port Arthur' and a government, that is only available for Japan, assures, that this building can only be constructed by Japan in Port Arthur. The resource in my eyes is superfluos.

The known problems of the German machinegunners and tons of graphical unit updates can be easily solved for civers, who have installed the expanded CCM2 mainfiles by a simple change in the pediaicons file entries of that unit. I demonstrate this with the replacement of the dummy unit for the Italian Regina Margherita predreadnought by the fine unit that was created by Delta-Strife, showing the real Regina Margherita predreadnought with its curious positioning of the three funnels of that ship:
I managed to figure out how to use the edit program and did manage to successfully correct the problem with the Belgian infantry upgrade and the Kwantung wonder. Now does anybody know a trick to play my saved game with Belgium on the corrected scenario or have the hours to reach the Great War tech achievement been simply wasted?

^I know there is some sort of saved game editor in the tools section but I could never get it to work. I always end up having to start a new game whenever I make a change to the .biq, .bix, or .bic scenario.

I made the corrections for the Belgian WW1 upgrade and the Gwantung wonder and then I tested the scenario for Japan: success and for Belgium: partial success. I only then discovered that the upgrade and tech improvements for the destroyer's advances also has a problem! Argh, I really like the challenge of playing Belgium and I am still waiting for a single patch that can make all the necessary corrections to this otherwise excellent scenario. Edited, for some reason the horse artillery units created by Belgian cities would not upgrade; whereas, the same units captured from other Civs would upgrade. That's quite an odd tech error

What difficulty level do people usually play?

I started as Balcan Nations on Emperor and after I discover first generation artillery tech, it is basically over. It is very easy to keep research at 4 turns per tech especially after some expansion. I rushed to the end of the first era tech, which unocked three "first ever/great invention" wonders and guaranteed tech lead. Now, in about 1910, I control half Europe without much effort. MG battalions just stops any AI advance.

And it is a minor power, can't think how easy things could go if I played as France or Germany. I think about jumping straight to Deity or Sid, but want to learn about other people experience.

Those scenarios with preplaced cities and no settlers in the game (as it is AoI or SOE) at least for experienced gamers should be played in the highest difficulty level, when remembering well, for AoI this is the Admiral level. Corvus Fortis, you played some levels too low and got the result you have described. In the end of course, each civer can choose the difficulty level, that he/she likes.

you played some levels too low and got the result you have described

Yes, that's why I asked about other players' experience. I really liked Hegemon in this regard - there were recommendation for each civ on how to increase difficulty level depending on their power.

I think, the scenario will benifit greatly from Flintlock's fixed artillery routine for AI. But still, with such cheap artillery and expensive infantry, with 2 movement base for each, it just begs to be player in "rain of death" style.

so , version 5 downloaded , 4 uploaded . The .biq file is down the page . Mediafire link will not last long , those interested might take it without delay . As these are old and before self repairing Windows days , a powerful anti virus program will be good to use .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fbx3dw80st65c10/AoI.zip/file
Thanks for the upload. Is this the latest version with the bugs fixed? I remember there were some issues with a missing file, a cavalry as I can remember.

ı can't say . Downloaded years ago , worked in my laptop as ı played a bit on my laptop . Think ı didn't load version 5 yet .

Top Bottom