SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

right away it comes to mind that involves the mismatch . Don't remember its full name , but you probably should look for some sort of a text file that's Steam specific . Full confidence that people will link it .

edit : Posted before reading Vuldacon's post . The text must still probably be saved somewhere to copy into old scenarios , if ı remember the thing correctly .

finally finished my game with the Balcan Nations. Took a while:

Interested in any statistics?

Started a game with Brazil... well, that's different. :lol:

Well, playing Brazil, a non-colonial power, is indeed a bit different. No industry resource -> you can't build a couple of city improvements or great wonders. But that's not such a huge disadvantage as one might think. Money shouldn't be a big problem, as well as research when using scientists. The ground units are more or less on the same level than most of the other nationalities - at least before 'The Great War'. A big disadvantage: you cannot build any colonial workers. War weariness comes fast. Tip: close the sea passage on southern South America (strait of magellan), then you don't have to watch all the forein ships passing...

Military stuff... well, the same as always: lots of artillery and a mix between cavalry and infantry, and maybe some ship bombardment. The first cities are a bit hard, but the more equipment you have... First conquered Uruguay, then Argentina, then Chile, then Central South America (from now Field guns were necessary, damn MG units...), then New Grenada, then Central America. But then... the USA were struggling with the British Empire and had lost 3 cities (Detroit, Cincinatti, Seattle) to them, and as Mexico had lost 3 cities (Guadalajara, Monterrey, Tampico) to the BE as well... and Mexico had lost Villa Hermosa to the USA... very fragmented, no easy way to progress, so i dropped tons of units in southern Mexico, declared war on all three and started conquering North America, only 3 canadian cities missing.

It's the end of 1910 now. The 'The Great War' tech has been discovered, the brazilian infantry as been upgraded, and i was already able to produce a couple of overseas infantry (upgraded to expeditionary infantry). Some stats: 43 expeditionary infantry, 268 Para Class Destroyers, 307 Field Guns, 19 Corps, 53 MG units, 217 Light Cavalry, 185 Brazilian Infantry, and 39 Brazilian Rifleman left.

So... who's next? I need a target that is close to South AND North America, so that convoy routes are short. Well, France has made a bit of progress in Africa and against Spain, but recently got hit by the German Empire... here we go :D

revirii, what difficulty level are you playing your Brazil game ?

i'm on level 'Chief Petty Officer', that's the 3rd lowest level, or 3 of 8. Hard enough for me - i wanna have (some) fun and not stress ;)

revirii, thank you very much for your answer. :) To know the level of difficulty is important for better understanding the numbers of units you have in your current game.

Looks like you're using and old version? Here's a description: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...4-deluxe-version.95741/page-382#post-15607989

But the linked files are missing, and the file(s) linked by Node60 seem to be an older version? What version do you have? 4.1? 5.0?

what is necessary to create a new upload? AoI-directory and biq? If all one needs to do is: zip the AoI directory and add the BIQ, then i could make such a file out of my stuff.

Looks like you're using and old version? Here's a description: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...4-deluxe-version.95741/page-382#post-15607989

But the linked files are missing, and the file(s) linked by Node60 seem to be an older version? What version do you have? 4.1? 5.0?

what is necessary to create a new upload? AoI-directory and biq? If all one needs to do is: zip the AoI directory and add the BIQ, then i could make such a file out of my stuff.
Using the link provided by Node60, I downloaded version 5.0.
I have already fixed the bug so that I can continue playing - there is no need for a new uplode.
Thank you for the answer and for the useful link to the description of errors in the scenario.

finally finished my game with Brazil. Took pretty long, week 17, year 1915. Conquered South America, Middle/North America (4 cities missing), Europe (except some northern/scandinavian cities, some in the mediterranean, ottoman empire), Russia and Africa (3 cities missing). Every game is different: in this one Russia conquered some persian cities and most of British India. As i conquered Krasnovodsk (east coast of caspian sea) it sent that many troops that 3 corps (with expeditionary infantry) got killed, only 1 corps with 1hp remaining. I shipped another 6 corps into this city, and again Russia attacked; in those 2 turns it had surely lost more than a hundred units...

Some military stats:
542 Field Guns
68 Corps
65 Maxim MG
586 Light Cavalry
295 Brazilian Infantry
252 Expeditionary Infantry
578 Para Class Destroyer

Well, let's see what could be next... maybe really try the British Empire? A lot of work straight from the beginning... or a different mod? :think::hmm:

How do I download and install this mod?

I can only find downloads for files measured in kilobytes, but the first post says the download is 657MBs.

Been really wanting to try out this scenario for years, but could never figure out how. Mind you, installing Civ3 mods has always been a bit beyond me...:cringe::shifty:

I hope everyone's doing well and a very Merry Christmas to all of you! And a:newyear:!

no doubt it was reloaded to different filehosts after the early days so many years ago . In case people can not find the latest link which might very well be on page 2xx of this thread , you can perhaps try looking for Blake00 and his offsite links . He might have it .

no doubt it was reloaded to different filehosts after the early days so many years ago . In case people can not find the latest link which might very well be on page 2xx of this thread , you can perhaps try looking for Blake00 and his offsite links . He might have it .
Then what are these:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/age-of-imperialism-deluxe-1895-1924-v4-0.13684/

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/age-of-imperialism-deluxe-1895-1924-v4-1-patch.13854/

the first link leads to a CFC stored .biq file , the thing that lets us play the Civ lll . Dated 2009 it definitely looks like it is a scenario that allows the player to choose any of 31 different civilizations . El Justo definitely makes large scenarios but ı understand he is busy in real life , so has been unable to keep his "threads" upto date . And am pretty sure some of his scenarios were re-uploaded by CFC members . That's the reason for my page 2xx remark . Maybe the moderators could edit the first post in the first page to keep the latest rar/zip file ?

guess what , it was on this very page , a link to download a never version at page 382 of this thread ? Should moderators assemble a download with an effort to correct known bugs listed there until El Justo comes back ?

the first link leads to a CFC stored .biq file , the thing that lets us play the Civ lll . Dated 2009 it definitely looks like it is a scenario that allows the player to choose any of 31 different civilizations . El Justo definitely makes large scenarios but ı understand he is busy in real life , so has been unable to keep his "threads" upto date . And am pretty sure some of his scenarios were re-uploaded by CFC members . That's the reason for my page 2xx remark . Maybe the moderators could edit the first post in the first page to keep the latest rar/zip file ?

Since you seem steadfastly determined to not give me a straight (and full) answer to any of my questions, I'll try to be a bit more clear and give you a yes or no question:

Are those two links the full scenario of Age of Imperialism 4.1? Will it work if I install it to my install of Civ3? A simple yes or no will suffice.

no . Only because you look like to be at the same exact level of inexperience where ı once was ı was trying to get people to assemble a corrected one to get you started .

no . Only because you look like to be at the same exact level of inexperience where ı once was ı was trying to get people to assemble a corrected one to get you started .

Okay, then I give up. No sense pushing for something I can't have.

Top Bottom