SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

hello civers :) i have arisen from a long slumber and have here for everyone links for the most recent version of AoI. i set up a dropbox account to finally untangle myself from ftp torture and servers owned by other people. while folks have been kind enough to host my files for many years, i always wanted my own piece of digital space to house my stuff. and dropbox is a neat program that serves my purpose, free of charge of course.

so here are the links:

main large file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh323xpcpqkk12s/AoI-new.rar?dl=0
biq file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7g2ij6tj1besj6y/AoI5.0.zip?dl=0

note that this version contains about 130 new sea units that Civinator added in for me. they are part of Delta_Strife's massive output of units. gameplay is not altered. it's purely aesthetic. it does NOT contain any update to the interface or the soundtrack. that part we are actually working on, still.

real life has sort of prevented me from putting civ time in over the last many months. i haven't forgotten this little gem of a scenario :cool: it's just been a matter of finding the time to get it all done. it's very time consuming. nonetheless, i hope to pick up the files again soon, once real life permits. Balthasar recently uploaded an interface pack that i asked him to make. so this will be part of any new version along with a new soundtrack which, believe it or not, i almost have completed (from the last time i worked on the files, last year). i am also trying to coax the venerable Vuldacon out of semi-retirement to take a look at some other possible things to add in, art-wise. so the wheels are spinning ever so slightly :) so hang in there with us and thanks for all the support over the years. it's encouraging!

(Apologies to all for raising the thread from the dead. Please move if bug reports go elsewhere)

Hi El Justo,

Firstly, the level of detail, the art, everything from this TC is impressing. I really enjoy the game music. Kudos to you and all the people who made it possible.

I'm reporting a small bug? I'm trying my luck with a small civ in S.A. But my game ended abruptly due to an apparently missing file. See the attached screenshot for the details.

Was there a patch I missed? I used the biq and main mod file from your post of Jan 27, 2016.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 460
Huascar... I believe El Justo replaced the US Cavalry and that changed the .ini file. The Belgian Cavalry .ini file still has previous links.

Place this .ini file in the Belgian Cavalry Unit Folder and overwrite.
This will correct it.

Attachments

• Belgian Cavalry.zip
    624 bytes · Views: 367
Huascar... I do not see a Unit Folder for the Maschinengewehr 08 in the Game Units.
El Justo will have to correct what he wants there.

As a temporary fix, you could copy the Maschinengewehr Unit Folder and rename it and the .ini file inside the folder to Maschinengewehr 08 then place it in the Game Unit Folder.

I see that the Maschinengewehr 0815 and Maschinengewehr 0818 have .ini files that link to the Maschinengewehr 08 Unit. The Flcs are suppose to be something else so IF those Units are also used in the Game, the .ini files for them will also not work because there is no Maschinengewehr 08 Unit that matches their .ini Files.

I see an Upgrade for the Maschinengewehr 08 to Maschinengewehr 0815 and then Maschinengewehr 0818 for the Ottomans.
IF you have more problems concerning the Maschinengewehr 0815 and 0818... Back Up those Unit Folders and replace the .ini Files inside those Unit Folders. Use the Same .ini file that is inside the Maschinengewehr Unit Folder but rename it for each of those two Units.

I am sure El Justo will address these issues as soon as possible.

I found another error message.

This is an old bug. Here you can read more about it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13389492&postcount=7403
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13545617&postcount=7415
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13562009&postcount=7420

The story behind this bug is the following: Long ago there was a the SOC site, where many modders could do their modding work for Civ3 and were able to interact in their projects. El Justo worked on a new version of AoI. I received a version of the AoI biq, that was "in the work" to add and update the AoI units to the -at that time- new WWI ships done by tom2050. The update of the files was not ready, but I made an upload at the SOC site for El Justo so he can see about the progress of the update. I cannot say if such an error as the Maschinengewehr 0815-error was in the biq I received, or if it was done by me in those not finished AoI-files.

In the meantime El Justo still continued work on the new version of AoI, but unfortunately all his efforts were lost in a crash of his computer. The files that I posted at the SOC site for El Justo, holding at least some parts of his new work were forgotten.

When the SOC site was closed, there was an emergency transfer of the modding work done by MarineCorps to CivForum.de and when I sorted these files, I discovered, that among them, there were these files I have done for El Justo holding at least parts of his "lost version" of AoI -but these files were only an interim solution.

As a temporary fix, you could copy the Maschinengewehr Unit Folder and rename it and the .ini file inside the folder to Maschinengewehr 08 then place it in the Game Unit Folder.

Thank you again! The folder copying/rename worked. The game hasn't complained of any other problem so far. Year 1906 week 21 and counting.

Overall I find the mod very rich and with lots of background. It must have taken many man-hours from all the contributors to make it happen.

Trying my luck with a neutral power at the moment seems hopeless. The units available to them flavor defense rather than offense. Even if I amass dozens upon dozens of arty units, they barely reduce the defensive units health to a level so a ground assault (with Light Cavalry) is not suicidal.

EDIT: I think I had to wait for a decent artillery unit, such as the Field Gun Battery (Field Guns II), so to decimate any city defenders. A group of 50 FGB, protected by a SoD of MMG, and followed by LCav for ground assault, and a trail of Civ Engs (for Rail Road build, protected by another SoD of MMG), and followed by old units for pacification, seems to work. Maybe now I have a chance of not ending at the bottom of the score list when the game ends.

Civinator...

I would have to analyze all and each thing questioned... then correct it of course :)

...it is not so wrong as to not be able to correct anything in question... Just a few changes that did not get corrected.

Civinator...

I would have to analyze all and each thing questioned... then correct it of course :)

...it is not so wrong as to not be able to correct anything in question... Just a few changes that did not get corrected.

You will do a patch ?- that´s great! :) Unfortunatly I cannot do any corrections to the mainfile any longer since El Justo changed to the dropbox upload link.

Helping with the debug, and having fun, I found another missing file. This time, it's the Panama Canal wonder splash.
What do I need to modify to fix it?

Attachments

• Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 452
Huascar... The 2PanamaCanal.pcx is in the WonderSplash Folder but it has a space before the .pcx. like this 2PanamaCanal .pcx
Rename it without the space like this 2PanamaCanal.pcx to correct it.

Thank you!
The removal of the space from the filename worked.
Let's see if I can manage to get enough points so not to be last.
BTW, I love to use coastal SS to bombard cities :)

Thank you!
The removal of the space from the filename worked.
Let's see if I can manage to get enough points so not to be last.
BTW, I love to use coastal SS to bombard cities
Huascar... You are very Welcome... Go Get those Points :)
If you find more Bugs, let me know and I will try to correct them.

Top Bottom