SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

ok...i DL'ed the file and singled out my scenarios folder on my computer so that i could find any problems. surprisingly, it loaded up just fine for me. no dll errors or whatever it was. i'm guseeing that maybe the errors people were experinecing were a result of missing files (?)

look at the screen shot and my electronic chicken scratch writing. this is how your folders should look in order to get the scenario running.

also, i'm gonna add in some new units for an updated version. it seems the cfc unit makers have been busy adding many new and delicious units. i'll also add in mr. poon's leaderheads, too.

also, i'm gonna add in some new units for an updated version. it seems the cfc unit makers have been busy adding many new and delicious units. i'll also add in mr. poon's leaderheads, too.

Looking forward to that! :) are you goning to use those excellent riflemen that Bebro made lately?

No idea said:
Looking forward to that! :) are you goning to use those excellent riflemen that Bebro made lately?

yes. as a matter of fact i am ;)

i've found the remaining bugs. the civilopedia pics and directory is now bug free! there were 2 or 3 small typos in the pediaicons.txt that caused the game to crash.

i shoud release one entire file with all of the corrections within a day or so.

Rita Poon said:
Cool! BTW-the Portuguese flag is that of King Carlos.

thanks. i'll add that to portugal. i should have a new version up in a day or so.

new units(infantry units by bebro), your flags, etc, and a fix of all of the bugs.

the civilopedia (in its entirety!) is now completely bug-free!

i went through each and every entry of it.

this time, i'll have just one DL for the folder and attach the biq instead of all of those missing files.

I have clicked on the link that says get the good here, but the page will not load. I am trying to find the main file DL. Is anyone having this problem?

stand by fella...the mods are uploading a new and completely bug free version. it shouldn't be long. maybe an hour or so b/c thunderfall is the quickest of mods!

be sure to check the 1st post when it's ready.

VERSION 1.1 IS NOW UP...Check the 1st post for the DL.

here's one that i've never seen before. As the USA, i 'liberated' the italian city of naples from russia and look out how many workers i captured upon taking the city! that's 25! :eek: I thought the game was spazzing out when the workers were capitulating. doh.

Kashim said:
Unfortunately the zip file with the units etc seems to be corrupted :(

yes. it does seem to be bunk. not sure why. could be a new ftp program i used to upload it but i'm not certain.

this is frustrating but i shall get it fixed

@rufus t firefly
many things aside from the added units are different; ie pediaicons.txt directing the game to look for leaderheads, etc.

i could post links to bebro's units if you'd like.

Rita Poon said:
What kind of barbarians are in the game? I'm thinking rather than mod out the Dominicans, I'll just drop the barbarians.

there are no barbarians. you can delete them? i had major problems w/ that when i tried to delete them for another scenario i did. i'm not sure though.

anyhow, the 'corrupt' file issue has been resolved. thunderfall is the man. he was a great help and responded very, very fast. thanks thunderfall if you read this.

check the first post for more info on the new upload.

btw, poon, i found that the reason the zip file was corrupt was b/c of the 'abysinia_all.pcx' file. it said that is was corrupt. i deleted it from the new zip file and told the game to look for the 'haiti_all.pcx' file instead (in the PediaIcons.txt of course).

evrything loaded up nicely for me after i DL'ed the newly uploaded file.

Thought you could delete them, so long as you replace them with another civ. Haven't tried it yet.

Not sure what the problem with the Abysinians was. So I re-did the flag from scratch.

EDIT-attachment removed

Rita Poon said:
Thought you could delete them, so long as you replace them with another civ. Haven't tried it yet.

Not sure what the problem with the Abysinians was. So I re-did the flag from scratch.

it's not the flc file but the 'COUNTRY_all.pcx' and i did replace em.

i've been having a lot of fun playing this scenario. the naval aspect and its graphics are great!

Rita Poon said:
So its ready? Sweet. Will load it up first thing this evening when I get home.

yepper.

approximate load times:

initialization: about 3.5 minutes

time between turns: a little less. closer to 2 minutes or so

Top Bottom