Snakes & Foxes 3: The ****oo's Nest (Game Thread)

Who says there are 1 mark per team? Or do you have information i do not? Since i was chosen by the marks to fight the odds of me being a mark would be rather low now wouldn't it?

If I was of the mark, I would want to be voted into battle everychance I got. It would keep you safe during the day so people couldn't bandwagon you, as well as you would get to choose your opponent so you would obviously choose one you believe very strongly you can beat while all your other mark buddies bet on you to win. It would make alot of money while keeping you safe from the innocents at the same time.

((OOC: I would love to try this btw, so in the next one in addition to the starting gold, a Mark Coin would be nice ;)))

If I was of the mark, I would want to be voted into battle everychance I got. It would keep you safe during the day so people couldn't bandwagon you, as well as you would get to choose your opponent so you would obviously choose one you believe very strongly you can beat while all your other mark buddies bet on you to win. It would make alot of money while keeping you safe from the innocents at the same time.

((OOC: I would love to try this btw, so in the next one in addition to the starting gold, a Mark Coin would be nice ;)))

You saw how it went with ronin... About the same effect as your name.

Have you heard of any previous touriments like this where one called Ronin threw himself into battle and was successful at it? Karma wins in the end, but all they would need is a few wins and then they would be able to get a Scanner and probley upgrade it with the money they'd earn. It could work, you cannot deny this Great Wizard.

((OOC: Add me on MSN, We should speak more there. kimononinja1718@hotmail.com))

That's not gonna fly forever. One day people will be on to you if the same person keeps winning battles over and over. By then I however expect that we might get to see some scanners and prophet items as the gold starts to accumulate, and the Mark will have a more difficult time hiding.

For now we can make nothing but educated guesses.

22 gold on the Paladin for now

The deciples, Team 3 and THE MIGHTY MANLY MOTLEY MATEYS haven't gotten anyone voted in from the marks. The odds of hitting a mark there at random is greater than the other teams. As such I'll vote for the Eidolon vs the Dragonslayer.

You really need a lesson in statistics if you want that to pass, Archmage. Choosing at random from a team with 5 survivors would probably mean a 1 in 5 chance of scoring a mark, whereas choosing at random from a team with 4 survivors would mean a 1 in 4 chance. They didn't really teach you math in Magic School, did they?

Prior! Perhaps you'd like to join the Archmage in the battlefield? We'll see who wins, mogic or god

Who says there are 1 mark per team? Or do you have information i do not? Since i was chosen by the marks to fight the odds of me being a mark would be rather low now wouldn't it?

Well, we seem to have a little tiff between the Druid and Raider. How about letting them fight it out?

Nice reply to my question there! Accusing someone on my team instead of mentioning it? Maybe you want to take on the Druid yourself dear Arquebusier.

Let us see who shall win, man, or Nature. The Druid should fight the aquebusier.

Midday, Day 3

As the third day wound on, excitement was steadily rising among the crowd. If there was one fight in all the tournament they wanted to see, the upcoming fight, in which the Paladin would be forced to play on the Harlequin's home turf, was clearly it. Among the contestants on the other hand there was apparently less excitement, or at least it was well contained. Only eight bets had been registered by midday, leaving 29 still holding on to their thoughts and ideas. The odds were in favor of those betting on the Paladin, but with so few votes cast even a single large vote on either combatant would upset them. Things were very much up in the air in that regard.

A reason for the few bets could be that the contestants were all busy bickering and voting for each other. Twenty and four contestants had cast votes by midday, with the accused Druid in a slight but clear lead. If things were to stay as they were for until evening (which was probably slightly less likely than that the sun wouldn't go down this evening, as it may want to see the upcoming fight), the Knight would be his opponent, edging out the Assassin by virtue of having had one more team leader voting for him.

Current betting odds: Paladin vs Harlequin: 1.5:1

Current Vote Tally:
Druid : 10 (1st voter: Harlequin ; 2nd voter: Satyr)
Knight : 6.2 (1st voter: Harlequin ; 2nd voter: Shaman)
Assassin : 6.1
Brujah, Lich : 3
Illusionist, Ranger, Runekeeper, Arquebusier : 2
Courtesan, Engineer, Firebow, Frost Speaker, Ghost, Marksman, Mercenary, Prior, Raider, Ritualist, Satyr, Sculptor : 1

Current Vote Breakdown:
Spoiler :

(** denotes first to vote, * denotes second to vote)

The Pack:
  • Satyr ( scherbchen ) Brujah Druid
  • Assassin ( Seon ) Druid Knight
  • Lich ( Tolis )
  • Harlequin ( Diamondeye ) Druid Knight
  • Beastmaster ( PaulusIII ) Druid Knight
The Disciples:
  • Ritualist ( rhawn ) Ranger Runekeeper
  • Sculptor ( Mergle ) Illusionist Mercenary
  • Dragonslayer ( Izipo )
  • Prior ( Azale ) Druid Runekeeper
  • Divided Soul ( PurpleTurtle )
Team 3:
  • Minotaur ( Nictel ) Sculptor Courtesan
  • Firebow ( Stuck in Pi ) Ranger Lich
  • Ghost ( Methos )
  • Eidolon ( Sepuku ) Assassin Knight
  • Ogre ( Winston Hughes )
THE MIGHTY MANLY MOTLEY MATEYS
  • Brujah ( Frozen In Ice ) Illusionist Satyr
  • Pirate ( Renata ) Marksman Prior
  • Frost Speaker ( BaoBao123 )
  • Arquebusier ( BananaLee ) Druid Raider
  • Knight ( mythmonster2 )
The Awesomely Awesome Team of Awesomeness
  • Druid ( KingMorgan ) Knight Assassin
  • Berserker ( MooseWarrior ) Lich Ghost
  • Paladin ( Aramazd ) Brujah Knight
  • Mercenary ( Charles Li )
  • Marksman ( hell_hound )
The Golden Scarecrows
  • Lizardman ( Kulko ) Assassin Knight
  • Illusionist ( ZPV ) Assassin Brujah
  • Engineer ( Splime ) Druid Assassin
  • Overlord Speaker ( RRRaskolnikov )
The Defiant:
  • Courtesan ( D'artagnan59 )
  • Luonnotar ( Chandrasekhar )
  • Ranger ( Jono ) Firebow Frost Speaker
  • Runekeeper ( thomas.berubeg ) Ritualist Lich
  • Centaur ( lord_joakim )
Phoenix Rising:
  • Shaman ( Tasslehoff ) Assassin Knight
  • Raider ( CCRunner ) Druid Engineer
  • Luridus ( Ekolite ) Druid Arquebusier
  • Archmage ( oyzar ) Druid Arquebusier

24 hours until evening post.
Combatants, send in your battle ideas to LightFang!
All contestants, keep betting and voting!

Holy... that was close :eek:

I really didn't think that I could defeat a druid... :(

{ OOC: Since I realize I've been perhaps unnecessarily vague on that point, I would like to clarify a bit about wound points, to give you a frame of reference. Getting 5 wound points from a fight means you were inches from being killed yourself (in other words you'll never have 100 wound points or something such silly). It would then take 5 nights to heal those wound points naturally. }

Holy... that was close :eek:

I really didn't think that I could defeat a druid... :(
{ OOC: It's still 24 RL hours left until the final vote outcome is decided though. :p }

Twenty and four contestants had cast bets by midday

I believe you want votes there, not bets.

And I have sent an area suggestion to you (and LF?), but if you want ideas on the battle text (the way I read the last reply, you do), I'll stitch something together. Which terminates in me winning, of course :p

I believe you want votes there, not bets.

And I have sent an area suggestion to you (and LF?), but if you want ideas on the battle text (the way I read the last reply, you do), I'll stitch something together. Which terminates in me winning, of course :p
{ OOC: Thanks, not even I am immune to making that mistake. :rolleyes:

Regarding the battle ideas, that line is there on every mid-day/night update, it's rare that a player sends ideas early (like you did). What you sent is fine, though feel free to add more to it if you want. What LF wants is to be able to represent your character in such a way that you feel it's what you yourself could have envisioned. You don't need to write any actual text for him (though I doubt he minds), but simply give him ideas for how your character would act. }

Regarding the battle ideas, that line is there on every mid-day/night update, it's rare that a player sends ideas early (like you did). What you sent is fine, though feel free to add more to it if you want. What LF wants is to be able to represent your character in such a way that you feel it's what you yourself could have envisioned. You don't need to write any actual text for him (though I doubt he minds), but simply give him ideas for how your character would act. }

OOC: { Oh yes, this a hundred times. Of course, I reserve all rights to screw with your text and to make it fit my writing style or to completely ignore it...I probably won't do that though. ;)

The more information you give me, the more awesome the fight will be! }

Top Bottom