Snap UK General Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking on what SMcM and other have said about the SNP… this will deflate their heads a bit, hopefully.

I think what Alex Salmond said is true, that the SNP very possibly will have far more parliamentary influence in the new parliament, despite losing 14 seats.

Sad that Angus (iirc the one in the tv debate with Corbyn?) lost his seat.

So now Britain can end up with an even more right wing government? Swell...

^Even if the Tory+DUP is enough, it will (two parties together) be around 5-6 seats, ie a ludicrously small parliamentary majority for a coalition... This easily can trigger a new general election even if we assume the new gov will be now a Tory+Dup.

I have no doubt that DUP (unionist) is crap anyway. So no charm there.

I still hope for Corbyn one way or other ^^

Last edited:
Good morning all.

I very deliberately went to bed without watching the exit polls and just woke up.

I am pleased that Theresa May failed to turn it into a presidential election.

And as for strength and stability, she's achieved the exact opposite.

We live in interesting times indeed.

This bloody election cost me £145.

I was all set out to see the 'Tory majority' exit poll, go to bed sad then wake up at the normal time. Instead I saw 'Hung Parliament', renewed my TV license and then woke up at 3am.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i mean we still lost but

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I wouldn't even call it straight "losing" tbh, what with 40% of the vote and a hung parliament. :)

Corbyn proves that he is very electable indeed, what with getting more votes even than Blair, DESPITE being attacked by his own (blairite ;) ) mps ^^

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i mean we still lost but

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

On the contrary, Labour did very well to get 40.1% of the votes.

According to the BBC, after 645 of 650 seats

Conservative 42.4
Labour 40.1
Liberal Democrat 7.2
Scottish National Party 3.1
UKIP 1.9
Green Party 1.6

This bloody election cost me £145.

I was all set out to see the 'Tory majority' exit poll, go to bed sad then wake up at the normal time. Instead I saw 'Hung Parliament', renewed my TV license and then woke up at 3am.

Sad?, you have more Liberal Democrat MPs than before.

Hah, excellent news. Seems that Corbyn did far better than expected at weathering the attacks from mainstream sources against him, and that Labour finally gave in and compromised with a reasonably social-democratic program, shedding some of the Third Way stuff.

I assume the result will still be May as PM, with DUP support and maybe a couple of other little parties? Or just a straight-up minority government, with even snappier elections likely in the future?

I assume the result will still be May as PM, with DUP support and maybe a couple of other little parties? Or just a straight-up minority government, with even snappier elections likely in the future?

She'll quit soon enought. Even if she is arrogant enough to try to stay as prime minister, the tories will throw her out. She's nothing but a liability now. But what is the alternative I wonder.

I don't like the Sun but "Theresa Dismay" is a great headline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom