Storm Over Europe (SOE)

Give me a list of Soviet cities, I'll take a look.
Node60, thank you very much for your offer. As this would be a long list to write and Belofon posted that he has the SOE biq, I think it is the easiest, that he posts the soviet cities with the wrong names. Until now there were no complaints about Russian city names yet.

Edit: Belofon you have to look at the Russian city names on the SOE map and not in the Russian civ city names. Per example on the SOE map Leningrad has the correct name for that city at hat time, while in the (not relevant) city list for Russia there still stands St. Petersburg.

Last edited:
Most of those units had the difference between immobile and mobile units. The immobile units at the start of the game should have the same costs and cannot be produced normally in the game. Losing certain resources (per example oil) is handled different with the new options created by Flintlock.
Well, IIRC, there were some cases like Polish 2/1/3 ACs for 90 shields upgrading into 2/1/3 ACs for 130 shields which need oil (or something like it) so by losing oil Poles would actually get a better unit, and I was refering to these cases.
In SOE, Germany and Russia are at war from the start of the game, but the big confrontation should be delayed, as in real history the big clash came only in 1941. Here several settings are used to achieve this (per example short ranged aircraft for Russia, terrain that can not be crossed by starting units and some other features, too). Germany can not operate with such limitations of air units at the start, as at the western front aircraft with full range and rebasing option are needed quickly. If Memel would be part of Germany (as it was in history) German aircraft would try to attack Russian cities much too early in the game and in the result there is the danger, that the focus of the early game changes to the east instead of the west. The complete current balancing of the scenario with the short ranged Russian aircraft (that can be upgraded with no costs to their full range in 1941) would be endangered.
Got it - though, probably, in this case it is better to replace Klaipeda by some other coastal city - Liepāja, for example, seems like a good option - and adjust its location if needed (in case of Liepāja, it should also make it more difficult for early German aircraft to attack).
The Baltic states are neutral to delay the confrontation between Germany and Russia in this scenario.
Perhaps I don't exactly understand how this works, but is situation really going to change if Baltics would be in Axis? IIRC you've mentioned earlier that you were going to close border gap in Baltic, so it's not like Germans would be able to somehow get involved too early anyway. Plus, I do recall that Civ3 AI isn't too inclined to help its locked allies, while in case of Baltic being neutral Germans are likely to attack them and so enter the confrontation with Soviets even earlier.
What changes at the Axis borders are you suggesting here ?
Changing ownership of Oradea to Hungary, since Civ3 mechanics wouldn't allow to change its ownership midgame. On the second thought, though, this is a very minor change and it might cause even more jams for Germany.
As this would be a long list to write and Belofon posted that he has the SOE biq, I think it is the easiest, that he posts the soviet cities with the wrong names.
There aren't so many to list, actually. These are:
  • Lugansk (rename to Voroshilovgrad)
  • Stavropol (Voroshilovsk)
  • Salavat (Ishimbay, since Salavat was founded after the war)
  • Orenburg (Chkalov)
  • Perm (Molotov) - though this one was named such in 1940
  • Rapala - I was unable to find any mention of such town
And some typos: Kandalanksha instead of Kandalaksha and AlґMetjevsk instead of Almetievsk/Al'metjevsk. Not that this is that important, but accuracy counts:).
The current situation in Europe makes me really sad and is not suited to enhance my motivation about finishing that scenario quickly.
Yes, I understand. Please, take your time.

Last edited:
Alekseyev_, in this thread the reports of Anthony Boscia about his games with Germany and Russia still have most of their images and are a good read how SOE "played out" with the old version of SOE. The "special" methods used by him in both games of course are no longer possible in the next version of SOE.
Well I'm not interested in reading the reports, just wanting to try out and play a scenario posted in the "completed scenarios" section. :p Especially since you praise it so much.

I can of course either give feedback or not, as desired. :)

Welcome to Storm Over Europe (SOE) and thank you for your interest in this non-commercial scenario. Please don´t forget, that this is a public betatest. Therefore not all of the many new concepts are working perfectly and the civilopedia attached to that mod is far from ready. SOE underwent several massive rebuilts during the creating phase due to the gigantic dimensions of this project, that let us reach many limits of modding in Civ 3 in times when these limits were not known yet.

The last big changes, including a complete rebuilt of the map and a change from weekly turns to monthly turns were done less than one year ago - but this version was not tested very intensively. So please be prepared, that SOE, in spite of the very long time of creating this scenario, is in an early phase of beta and here a lot of things still can happen, due to the lack of intensive prebetatesting of the last version of SOE.

Your experiences and reports are needed for fixing bugs and errors and to find the best conditions for the overall-gameplay.

Requirements:
- Civilization 3: Conquests version 1.22 or Civilization 3: Complete
- 2,25 GB disk space
- NoRaze-Patch

Downloads:

1.) DL the SOE Mainfile (1,24 GB rared) and unzip it with WinRAR (not available yet).

2.) Dl the SOE-biq attached at the bottom of this post . Current version: SOE-Betatest-v1.3

Installation:

1. Download the SOE main file.
2. Download the SOE-biq .
3. Unzip the SOE main file file directly to your Conquests\Conquests folder
4. Unzip the SOE-biq directly to your Conquests\Conquests folder
5.Install the NoRaze-Patch in the Conquests folder (follow the instructions attached to the NoRaze-Patch)

If all is installed properly, your files should look like this:

A special thank you very much for reporting errors, glitches and improvements that allowed the SOE-Patch, the SOE Betatest-biq v1.3 and the next version of SOE to: texastarheel , Sasebo, nexus, Gosnork, King Coltrane, Haddu, kadavrali, Niminator, rwan5, mrdan017, RickFGS, Civ3Monki, AnthonyBoscia and to gugu84.

--------------------------------------------

Credits

Mod design: Recon1591, CaseVW, Adler17, El Justo, W.i.n.t.e.r., Blue Lion/Civinator
Civilopedia: EStrongblade, Yoshi, Blue Lion/Civinator and the Wikipedia
Testers: MarineCorps, AlCosta, tgo1130, GeneralJCL, Josh, Storm Grunt
Units: Wyrmshadow, Ares de Borg, BeBro, Delta Strife, Gary Childress, gwendoline,
Orthanc, rhodie, Ripptide, tom2050, TopGun, vingrjoe, W.i.n.t.e.r., Wotan49
Unitsounds: texastarheel7
Wondersound: "V" for Victory: Jorsalfare
Leaderheads: ccm01, CivArmy s. 1994, jorde, fixes by Vuldacon
Terrain: Ares de Borg, Racc00n
Cities: Sn00py, Smiley, Blue Lion/Civinator
Improvements, Wonders, Wonder Splashes and Flags:
aaglo, Ares de Borg, BadKharma, Bjornlo, CaseVW, Grumbl, Harlan, Heretic_Cata, Lusikka755, mrtn, Plotinus, R8XFT, ronning, Rufus T. Firefly, Spincrus, SWalker, Ukas, Blue Lion / Civinator
Tech Icons: Blue Lion/Civinator
Civ 2 graphics (mainly used for resource-cities and unit32):
BeBro, kobayashi, fairline, jamestout, Curt Sibling, Kyriakos and lots of unknown other artists

If you find a piece of your work in the mod and you are not on the list, please let us know and we'll do our best to fix it.
Hello, I really want to try this wonder, but I can't find the download link, I understand that it is finished. Thank you.

It was finished, but it still is in rework.
Understand, :).

I know perfectly well that behind a job of this caliber there is a great effort. It's a pity that my knowledge is too low to be able to help.

I bow before you!!

Thank you so much!.

Civilization 3 is the best of the entire saga for me and it will be! :)

Top Bottom