The 2024 US Presidential Election

Man, we're such geeks.
Is it expected given that we’re on a gaming forum dedicated to a long running 4X series filed with geeks n nerds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
not intentionally violating the constitution many times over would be nice.

biden admin has far surpassed trump in flagrantly violating rights.
Do you have any proof of such accusation? Or is this just “Biden Bad”?
between lockdowns,
Last I checked, the lockdowns happened under Trump’s Administration, Biden has nothing to do with the lockdowns as he wasn’t even on the election train to run. The lockdowns happened around March 2020, Biden was elected on November 2020.
osha abuse,
Do you have any proof or examples of OSHA abuse?
and conspiring with big tech as agents to suppress speech,
Suppress speech in what way? Enforcing TOS doesn’t equate to suppressing speech. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc. are not the federal government. I oftenly hear left wing YouTubers complain that they’re being censored/demonitized on YouTube (it’s not the first since I remember History YouTubers complained on being demonetized on certain topics).

Last edited:
Style points for this cartoon Lex. Nice. :D

It has wide applicability; working people get crumbs while the rich *******s vacuum up everything and we're complaining about public school teachers?

The whole right-wing pose of being for the people is a total farce. They've been trained to hate unions and communism like the loyal imperial citizens they are, so any kind of discontent with the existing institutions just get channeled into fascism. Quite a pickle we've landed ourselves in eh?

I hate communism. That's a virtue, right?

Meanwhile, in PA mail in ballots must have a date entered or else the ballot is tossed. I am not quite sure what the date is for.

Meanwhile, in PA mail in ballots must have a date entered or else the ballot is tossed. I am not quite sure what the date is for.
Only if you actually know what Communism is.

So much noise from Murcans hating Commos when they have no idea.

I was able to reply that my idea of communism and fascism are likely not the same as others here. Here you are using a slur to refer to our whole country, or maybe some part of it, honestly, I don't care what your definitions are.

I was able to reply that my idea of communism and fascism are likely not the same as others here. Here you are using a slur to refer to our whole country, or maybe some part of it, honestly, I don't care what your definitions are.
When you rewrite accepted definitions to suit your own opinions, you make it impossible to communicate with others. It is a way to create your own echo chamber and block out everyone else. Yes you can redefine "red" as "green" but in doing so most folks will just think you either nuts or self serving in ways to avoid reality.

Depends if it's for :
1) It's authoritarian tendencies (virtue).
2) It's anti-religious nature (not a virtue, but understandable if you're religious).
3) It's ideal of a more shared wealth (the opposite of a virtue).
4) An opinion that it's a non-workable ideology (acceptable take, have to prove if it's true or not).
5) Because you were told it's bad without thinking more about it (not a virtue).
I was able to reply that my idea of communism and fascism are likely not the same as others here.
There are not "your ideas of". They are known ideologies and are not subject to personal redefinitions.
When you rewrite accepted definitions to suit your own opinions, you make it impossible to communicate with others. It is a way to create your own echo chamber and block out everyone else. Yes you can redefine "red" as "green" but in doing so most folks will just think you either nuts or self serving in ways to avoid reality.
Exactly.
Though this is a method that is certainly not limited to far-right, and see just as a wide and systematic use on the other end of the spectrum.

From bible talk:
Funny videos mocking Christians aren't going to affect the vote. Except to shore up the belief of any Christians that might see it of the importance of voting against the left. Revelation- mocking your adversaries makes them your friends -not.
Nothing we do here is going to affect the vote, so mock away.

Trump voting Christians be like:
And the lord sayeth to Donald: Hear ye!
When thou art famous or a star, thou shalt grab them by the pussy.
When thou are bored with your wife, thou shalt kick her to the side for a better trophee wife. A couple of times.
When thou need cash, thou shall grift this book to your cultists for monies to dig you out of your criminal hole you fat orange oaf.

I have a question for you Core. Why aren't you as critical towards Trump when he is mocking his adversaries?
Oh that's right, orange messiah ... never mind :)

Last edited:

For the record, I was using the term in the right-wing meme sense to refer to pretty much any government policy that isn't a tax cut for the rich or a military spending bill.

And a Chicago public school teacher's wage is a millionth of what rich diphorsehockys make. Statements like yours suggest you would prefer if they had nothing ? Republicans lawmakers want everyone that isn't superwealthy to live in poverty, the democrats have apparently made one of the non superwealthy part of the population less poor : that seems better.
You could advocate that things like UBI and universal healthcare would be much better to ensure that people like you also have basic things, but I assure you that none of that has any chance of happening within the republican party.
ACA was a Republican healthcare plan. But keep making crap up when somebody complains about social equity on the ground. The Democrat is a master of this sleight-of-hand.

"Oh, something is unfair and screws you? You HATE teachers and want them to have NOTHING!!!"*

Toxic care.

*Apparent implication, "like you, re****."

Last edited:
He also;
Removed rural development from USDA mission, pushed for massive cuts to rural broadband grants, mental health services, and Single Family Housing Direct Loans subsidies, proposed axing the Appalachian Regional Commission, and proposed a 97% cut to the Rural Business Cooperative Service in his 2021 budget. Farm bankruptcy filings rose 25% from 2018 to 2019 because all he protected was big agriculture with his policy. It goes on and on. Part of the meatpacking market concentration issue we have was made worse by him loosening a bunch of pricing and negotiating restrictions they had.
I call him an Illinois Democrat for good reasons. They have improperly funded the soil and water conservation districts for decade upon decade, basically just putting somebody's idiot cousin in for a paycheck.

But that wasn't the question asked. A farm bill this decade might be helpful. Some things have happened since 2018 and all.

ACA was a Republican healthcare plan.
The 1993 plan?

Kinda seems like your opinion isn't really shared by the party, 20 years on. Can't imagine they share that idea 30-odd years on.

Don't worry, they gerrymandered us out here. Blame whoever you want somewhere else.

But the purple elephants! Whaaa!

The 1993 plan?

Kinda seems like your opinion isn't really shared by the party, 20 years on. Can't imagine they share that idea 30-odd years on.

More like Romneycare in Massachussetts.

ACA was a Republican healthcare plan.

So you agree that something is deeply wrong in the Republican Party when all it took was a Democrat to propose the plan for nearly every Republican in the country to bitterly oppose it?

Anyway, in 2024 election news:

Top Bottom