The Battle of Midway - Playtest/Feedback/Release Thread

Lol I will have to give each side a happy wonder I guess. Good catch.

It'll be a bit before I can play but hope to get something to you today.

Your carrier seems to have disappeared into the mist!!!

Attachments

• USN19.zip
    27 KB · Views: 173
Lol I will have to give each side a happy wonder I guess. Good catch.

Why not just change the food produced by Ocean squares, so there is no city growth? Or, change the city size for first unhappy citizen at chieftain level in the rules?

Yorktown sent to the bottom and three nearby Devastators downed. Enterprise is out there somewhere.

I've had to put all of my carriers into hunger state to stop them rebelling - I guess I'll start disbanding aircraft at some point :)

Attachments

• IJN20.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 160
If any are disbanded, use cheat mode to rebuild them as a short term fix

I will note I only have 1 aircraft left, and as you've sunk two carriers you have me beat 100 to 50 - I could keep on playing with subs if you want, but I'm also at a point where I think it's exceptionally unlikely that I pull off a win here and would be willing to concede!

It's really a matter if you're having fun or not. I'm happy to keep playing if you are.

I do think this was very valuable and I had a good time - I'll make a couple of significant tweaks in the next few days based on the learnings and feedback, but I think the cat and mouse game here is pretty fun and should allow for great replay-ability.

Attachments

• USN20.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 161
No I don't want to drag it out until we're left with 1 unit each throwing their shoes at each other :)

Thanks for the game - it is an extremely enjoyable scenario to play. I absolutely agree that the cat-and-mouse 'Battleships' feel is really fun to play and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished scenario.

I guess in terms of general changes that would improve things, you've already identified limiting fighters to one attack per turn and perhaps reducing their effectiveness (particularly that of the Zeroes). Personally, I would add a bit more oomph to dive bombers attack strength as well

Now I need to load your save and see where Enterprise ended up!

Hi John,

Similar to my game play, I noticed that you and Fairline basically completed your game play around the same turn, i.e. 17 vs 20. Given that the scenario is set to 51 turns, do you think you need to reconsider the overall time frame?

Not a major issue as that might change based on the modifications you might decide to make. Just something to ponder.

I'm not sure to be honest. Depending on different strategies, I could see it going twice as long, especially without fighters shooting down 2 bombers each every turn.

Top Bottom