The Hundred Years War, a scenario for MEM II

well, I started to play as Castille, and they haven't any source ofIron :confused:
so, it was a problem, and i have to train warriors to try realise the reconquista, so, they are too weak to fight agains the nasrid defense, and all they lose the battles, so, i have lost many cities and have to engage Aragon in the battle, they won it, but i still with any source of Iron :confused:

If all civs had all the resources, then there wouldn't be much need for trade. ;)

ye, but has only England to trade Iron, and i an at war against it, in the side of the french, so, it do not works, and Spain have lots of iron mines in theyr territory, the one that do not have much iron is Portugal =D

ye, but has only England to trade Iron, and i an at war against it, in the side of the french, so, it do not works, and Spain have lots of iron mines in theyr territory, the one that do not have much iron is Portugal =D

I think that eventually other civs will also get iron (since they have the resource, but no roads to it) and you could also trade with them, but I agree it seems quite silly Castile has no iron, given the many orders and knights they had..

How does knighly orders have anything to do with iron?

It's a gameplay issue, Castille would be too strong otherwise.

I doubt the amount of available iron was a factor when knighly orders were founded in real life. ;)

My point was that you can't build with Castile units comparable to the other nations (namely chivalric knight, regular knight or just a foot knight), the only offensive unit left to build is armored archer. Although I guess the map is intended to be played as either England of France I would include some iron in Castile as well. My remark before about the knight orders was just to point out that there were plenty of chivalric knights/foot knights back then in Spain.

What civs would you suggest taking out for multiplayer? This is the one MEM scenario that comes close to having few enough.

That's not what I meant. I would simply like to know what civs you would suggest delete/merging to leave only 8? I'm happy enough to just have to do a quick version for myself. =)

Well the ones that are in locked alliances. Irish+Scots, England+Burgundy, Nasrids+Berbers.

My point was that you can't build with Castile units comparable to the other nations (namely chivalric knight, regular knight or just a foot knight), the only offensive unit left to build is armored archer. Although I guess the map is intended to be played as either England of France I would include some iron in Castile as well. My remark before about the knight orders was just to point out that there were plenty of chivalric knights/foot knights back then in Spain.

I agree. I find it ridiculous that Castille has no Iron. :lol:

As I already explained: Gameplay.

And come on it's pretty easy to win with Castille still.

I think burgundy is quite easy, france is pretty weak at the start and its no problem to take advantage of the french and english fighting to carve yourself out quite an empire.

When i played with them i ended up destroying the french completely.

Top Bottom