The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread IV

Has there ever been a political party that just dissolved since nobody was willing to vote for them?

The Federalists. The Whigs. The Know Nothings. Other nations will give other examples.

Know Nothings? Who would name their party that? :ack:

And thanks once again for answering my questions. ;)

The Australian Democrats dissolved just last year - or the year before, can't remember - due to the fact that they had approximately five people elected across the nation, in both federal and every state government. The few remaining members became independents who often vote the same.

I got one: Do you think that Yoko Ono corrupted and eventually put an end to The Beatles?

no. she had a profound impact, yes, but she was not the sole reason for it.

The Long and Winding Road killed the Beatles.
So did For You Blue (which was put on in place of a Harrison peice, and he wasn't quite happy before it).
So did Phil Spector.
and Brian Epstein's death.

lots of factors, cant blame it all on her.

How do you pronounce umlaut?
Which one? There are a coupla different uses. There's the umlaut as archaically used in coöperation (diaeresis, I think), and there's the umlaut as used in German words like Röhm.

The Australian Democrats dissolved just last year - or the year before, can't remember - due to the fact that they had approximately five people elected across the nation, in both federal and every state government. The few remaining members became independents who often vote the same.

They still exists IIRC, but they have no representation at all in the federal parliament.

They still exists IIRC, but they have no representation at all in the federal parliament.
I'm pretty sure they outright dissolved, but maybe that was just the few federal members deciding to go independent.

Does anyone know of anything that would take a list of postal codes and plot them on a map automatically? Like maybe some kind of Google Earth plugin?

Why has no-one started a thread about the airbus goosed into the hudson river yet?

Top Bottom