The Third World War 1989

]
Factions of the 2013 Sudanese conflict:The Egyptian backed Sudanese government, the UAE and Wagner backed RSF and the SPLM-N rebels that have also split in oposing sub-factions.
The two factions fighting in South Sudan, itself, the three or four Darfur rebel groups, the Eritreans, the Tigray Rebels, and a Janjweed on a horse would be great to round this off!

@Patine Sure. SPLM-N Agar and SPLM-N al Hilu are in the last row. The Eritreans are in the previous post #439, above. The Tigray rebels are in the last row, post #435. The RSF are what the Janjaweed developed into, after 2013-2015. Anyway, here is a quick attempt at the Janjaweed mlitia:

and the Darfur SLM/TC & SLA/M:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Janjaweed.png
    Tanelorn Janjaweed.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 220
@Patine Sure. SPLM-N Agar and SPLM-N al Hilu are in the last row. The Eritreans are in the previous post #439, above. The Tigray rebels are in the last row, post #435. The RSF are what the Janjaweed developed into, after 2013-2015. Anyway, here is a quick attempt at the Janjaweed mlitia:

and the Darfur SLM/TC & SLA/M:
Oh, I completely missed number 439. And I had wondered who the last row of 435 was - they looked like militia, but the Popular Militia of Ethiopia was a Derg thing, and abolsihed after their fall, as far as I know. Thanks for the response!

@Patine, the Darfur SLM/TC & SLM/A and one more Janjaweed armed horseman.
Allard Höfelt's "The River War" is set for a modern day update, I think...
Kaskaras to Kalashnikovs...

Attachments

• Tanelorn Darfur rebels.png
    Tanelorn Darfur rebels.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Current Guinea. Since the 2021 coup they have adopted a new uniform pattern.

Current Burkina Faso. Also the scene of a coup d'etat (2022). The orange pattern is regular after 2012. The yellow duckhunter variant is worn by the Garde Présidentielle, or Burkinabe Presidential Guards.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Guinea.png
    Tanelorn Guinea.png
    17 KB · Views: 199
  • Tanelorn Burkina Faso.png
    Tanelorn Burkina Faso.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Tanelorn Burkina Faso 2.png
    Tanelorn Burkina Faso 2.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Tanelorn Burkina Faso 3.png
    Tanelorn Burkina Faso 3.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Guyana Defence Force, current uniform. That is a Bren.
Let's hope Maduro sticks to nothing more than sabre rattling about Essequibo.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Guyana.png
    Tanelorn Guyana.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Top Bottom