The Third World War 1989

Mexico has 277,150 active personnel currently- it is the worlds' 17th largest military

17th largest military in the world, and they can't take out some ragtag rebels in the south and some drug grow-ops. :p

Some more.
@Patine You don't say. :wow:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Current Mexico.png
    Tanelorn Current Mexico.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,069
Size has never been an indicator of quality. Training, Doctrine and Modern Ordnance is the hallmark of a successful military.
Also just general esprit de corps. The reconstituted Iraqi army melted in the face of ISIS, meanwhile the Kurds were pretty much the only effective ground force and they never even got a seat in the strategy talks.

India has 1,444,500 active personnel currently- it is the worlds' second largest military.
An interesting irregular stripe or brushstroke camouflage pattern has been in use by several Indian Army units, since around 2001. A new general purpose pattern for the Indian Army appeared in 2006, similar to the French CE woodland pattern. Circa 2015, the Garud Commando Force, the special operations force of the Indian Air Force, adopted a new pixelated camouflage design incorporating brown, foliage green, and a hint of black on a sand-colored background.
The INSAS has been the disappointing standard assault rifle of the Indian Army since 1990. It combines the receiver and action of the AKM with elements of the FAL, Galil and HK rifles. It is undergassed and of poor manufacture. It has been replaced by the IWI Tavor with their special forces and it is planned to be replaced by the Russian AK 203 in general use. Its LMG variant has already been replaced by the IWI Negev, while -for example- a 7.62 Nato version of the BREN is still in service.
edit- fixed labeling mistake
edit- typo

Attachments

• Tanelorn current India.png
    Tanelorn current India.png
    50 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:

Tried some Leopard 1 camo schemes and gave the Leopard 1V and 1A5 with the extra armour a go. The Canadian C2 was a post 1996 1A5 turret with extra stowage refit on their C1s. Did next to nothing to the turkish one, it is just a placeholder for standard camo without the Bundeswehr cross. Virtually identical to the Canadian C1. I am missing some, for sure.

Like this Ukrainian Leo1A5 DK. Danish A5s are unique in having a welded A3/A4 turret, instead of a cast A1/A5 one.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Leopard1 camo.png
    Tanelorn Leopard1 camo.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 499
  • Ukrainian Leo1A5 DK.png
    Ukrainian Leo1A5 DK.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Wow amazing work @Tanelorn ! I'm especially loving all these units for Spain...so many ideas come to mind :D
Great units Tanelorn, as usual. Yes, I have passed it to ToT and I think I had temporarily uploaded it. I did not fix it because I find it very easy to play with the Spaniards. I considered making changes, but in the end it was only a project. I will upload it shortly because these new units certainly deserve it.
That Marruecos scenario I did back in the day was purely for multiplayer (PBEM), it was never meant to be played against the AI, the surprise factor and "paradropping ship transports" were the core of the game, which simply was unusable for single-player. But if you have it in ToT format I'd love to have itas it brings nice memories...I did the scenario when I was 21 years old!!! 👶 Of course it would benefint for the amazing @Tanelorn units I'm seeing in this thread :D

Wow amazing work @Tanelorn ! I'm especially loving all these units for Spain...so many ideas come to mind :D

That Marruecos scenario I did back in the day was purely for multiplayer (PBEM), it was never meant to be played against the AI, the surprise factor and "paradropping ship transports" were the core of the game, which simply was unusable for single-player. But if you have it in ToT format I'd love to have itas it brings nice memories...I did the scenario when I was 21 years old!!! 👶 Of course it would benefint for the amazing @Tanelorn units I'm seeing in this thread :D
Thank you. Don't hesitate to ask me for whatever you may need.

Thank you. Don't hesitate to ask me for whatever you may need.
Thanks a lot, right now I'm fully focused on the SCW revamp, but I'd love to see a compilation of all the Spanish units you've worked on, as probably I'm missing some. Just for pleasure to the eyes... :love:

Modern Taiwanese infantry, marines and airborne. T91 rifles and carbines (another AR18 derivative).

And a Stinger FIM92 SAM

Attachments

• Tanelorn Taiwan Current Camo.png
    Tanelorn Taiwan Current Camo.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Taiwanese Stinger SAM.png
    Taiwanese Stinger SAM.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Modern Ethiopian army after the Derg.

Modern Nigerian army, they currently are in the poccess of replacing their OBJ-6 Chinese pattern domestically made AKs with domestically made Polish Beryls.

More poses and weapons for modern, post 90s Angolans.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Modern Ethiopia.png
    Tanelorn Modern Ethiopia.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Tanelorn Modern Nigeria.png
    Tanelorn Modern Nigeria.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Tanelorn Modern Angola.png
    Tanelorn Modern Angola.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Gabonese armed forces, the latest coup belt theatre.
Let me guess. Guinea next (or an update of Burkina Faso from several pages back)?

]
Factions of the 2013 Sudanese conflict:The Egyptian backed Sudanese government, the UAE and Wagner backed RSF and the SPLM-N rebels that have also split in oposing sub-factions.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Modern Sudan.png
    Tanelorn Modern Sudan.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 264
Top Bottom