Turning off stability

my next mod will be turning off eu4 overextension:gripe:
Aggressive expansion is much more worse, for that matter. But actually, it's your skill issue if you cannot handle these things. Like, world conquest in eu4 isn't that much of a challenge, excluding boredom part.

Aggressive expansion is much more worse, for that matter. But actually, it's your skill issue if you cannot handle these things. Like, world conquest in eu4 isn't that much of a challenge, excluding boredom part.
I'm the Noob of the Mankind!:hammer2:

Have you done world conquest in eu4? And in DoC?

Turning off Stability IMO is the most suicidal thing you can do in this mod.
Yeah, sure you can no longer explode. So does Mongolia, Seljuks, Greeks, Romans, every conqueror that spawns hordes of troops to conquer the world.

AI settles and wants to conquer only specific areas for every civ. You as human do not have such a restriction. So you can abuse it by acquiring enormous amount of cities and destroying any AI who rarely expands beyond its historical area.

Heres what you can do: Disbale stability but max out settler values on ALL WORLD TILES for all civs.
Now the AI will want to settle everywhere

I played with Rome and I was being plagued by very low expansion stability while holding land that has been historically controlled by Rome. I went to the world builder and changed some tiles to core areas and the low expansion stability problem disappeared.

I played with Rome and I was being plagued by very low expansion stability while holding land that has been historically controlled by Rome. I went to the world builder and changed some tiles to core areas and the low expansion stability problem disappeared.

If you play your cards right, you can hold Historical roman empire without needing to fiddle with stability. You just to need to be very whippy and evil to peripheral cities and focus growth on your cores.
Also, make use of excess stability to overextend.

If you play your cards right, you can hold Historical roman empire without needing to fiddle with stability. You just to need to be very whippy and evil to peripheral cities and focus growth on your cores.
Also, make use of excess stability to overextend.
It is possible indeed, however you will end up being limited to a small number of cities, just enough to achieve a historical victory. If you try to conquer Romania or other further lands you will be toasted. Let alone continuous respawns of other civilizations after defeating them, because you cannot fully control their core area, examples are Moors or Turks. With the expansion stability issues gone you can conquer without these constraints. Which I deem excessive.

mcbain.jpg

I shouldnt make fun of it but i can't hold it.
"Oh no, the game mod about rising and falling of empires is too difficult to maintain big empires."
I mean, what did you expect?

"Oh no, the game mod about rising and falling of empires is too difficult to maintain big empires."

There are cheats for everything else with the WB, and there used to be a stability cheat in the original RFC. Why the need to straitjacket everyone into playing the same way? Sometimes you wake up hungover on a Sunday and starting a game with a marine in 3000BC and seeing how much destruction it can cause before dying seems like more fun than figuring out the perfect Mayan build. Or playing as Atlantis and nuking the emerging medieval Mongols to see what happens Eurasia. Or just loading up an old modern era save, giving the barbarians 100 nukes and playing out the apocalypse they cause(or an aggressive AI player seeing as giving nukes to barbs seems to have been disabled). Or you appreciate the map, civs, and the rise & rebirth mechanics that don't exist in vanilla civ but want to ignore stability that day for whatever reason.

I don't see why having a stability cheat, and an option to turn on 'collapse to core' or 'collapse to capital' instead of total collapse is a bad thing for people who would like to use them.

There are cheats for everything else with the WB, and there used to be a stability cheat in the original RFC. Why the need to straitjacket everyone into playing the same way? Sometimes you wake up hungover on a Sunday and starting a game with a marine in 3000BC and seeing how much destruction it can cause before dying seems like more fun than figuring out the perfect Mayan build. Or playing as Atlantis and nuking the emerging medieval Mongols to see what happens Eurasia. Or just loading up an old modern era save, giving the barbarians 100 nukes and playing out the apocalypse they cause(or an aggressive AI player seeing as giving nukes to barbs seems to have been disabled). Or you appreciate the map, civs, and the rise & rebirth mechanics that don't exist in vanilla civ but want to ignore stability that day for whatever reason.

I don't see why having a stability cheat, and an option to turn on 'collapse to core' or 'collapse to capital' instead of total collapse is a bad thing for people who would like to use them.
Tho i have to admit, DOC being the only RFC thats the only mod that kills you straight up rather than collapsing to core is douchey.

I played at sword of islam and RFC Europe and the expansion stability is not as penalizing as dawn of civilization, that would be my expectation as a player. You are more than welcome to post a save showing you recreating the accurate Roman Empire to back your talk and laughs. You can take the empire under Trajan as a reference.

Would this work? Late game cities tend to be b1tchy to keep a hold on, i even lost Constantinopolis to a flip (silly me)

1713318095884.png

Reminder that you need 20 stab to prevent Byzantium (which i did) and you have to fend off 500 years worth of Barbarian hordes to go beyond Rome's fall. Also, medieval spawns.

So yeah. I'm extremely dissapointed to myself, i think i threw away my UHV Rome save. :mad:

Epic/Regent, so i'm not even that good anyways.

1713318453605.png

Here's the savefiles for this run.

Attachments

• ROME.RAR
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Top Bottom