Under what names have you saved your family in your phone?

Under what names have you saved your family in your phone?

• I have her saved as something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have saved him as something else

• I have my sibling(s) as brother/sister

• I saved them as something else

• Total voters
Am I weird for having my family saved as first name + last name?
Just want to have a little survey :D.

It could be useful if there's an emergency and somebody needs to contact them for you.

I picked the last option, though I don't have my rotary phone anymore. I do have a touch-tone landline that doesn't store anything but dust. I don't have an answering machine, and it would be weird anyway if I phoned my parents. They're both dead. I don't let Maddy use the phone, so there's really nobody's name to save anyway, even if I had the kind of phone that lets you do that.

My parents are dead. Our children are listed by name.

I used to have my parents' number listed just as Parents and my sister under her first name only. Now I just have Dad, but I only changed that six years after my mother was no longer with us.

Parents were by Mom and Dad. Sister, Uncle and cousins by first name

Parents are known by titles, siblings by first names. Some names I attach info to -- "Chloe - Doctor", "Hayley Insurance", etc.

Parents by their given names. I think I had their house phone as 'Home' for a long time then as they got their own mobile numbers these got added with given names. Home got merged with my mother's contact eventually.
One sister in with maiden name, the other with married name.

My parents landline is the only number I dial as it is easier than navigating to it.

Wife and sons are under their first-name initials.

Mother, sister, in-laws, friends, and those colleagues whose numbers I've stored were/are under their first names.

Other stored numbers are usually labeled by function (mechanic, plumber, etc.)

I am a caveman from the last century so I memorize important numbers instinctively.

I am a caveman from the last century so I memorize important numbers instinctively.
There was a time when I probably had 50 important phone numbers memorized. That is down to 4 now: mine, my wife's, our old landline number and the house phone I grew up with in Baltimore.

I use whatever name I most commonly refer to them. Whether I add a last name or not depends on whether it's a common first name. My SO for example is under their first name + last name since their first name is relatively common.

Top Bottom