Version 0.9.8 Discussion

Thanks will take a look at this now.

OK there is no version key, or Steam key. I wonder if it's like what this user reported:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8731960&postcount=112

They didn't have a Steam copy, but the installer failed as well. The issue they were having is that the version key was being signed to the HKCU or the current user registry (instead of the more reasonable HKLM or local machine registry). Could you check for any firaxis registries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and post those?

Phungus, I cannot find any Firaxis entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_USERS. I did find entries for Steam in general, but none of the subfolders contained anything about Firaxis or Civ. I am also on Win7, again not sure if that matters.

I run in wine and I got that error too. I just ran regedit and went to the Civ4 key and changed 3.17 to 3.19 and then it worked fine.

For me the key was under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Firaxis Games->Sid Meier's Civilization4 - Beyond the Sword

I know it's not Steam but it is worth checking to see if the right entry is there for non-steam users that have issues.

Thanks Syiss, I must be missing something here, there has to be something in the registry that can let me know that the install is a given version number, or at the very least a Steam install. The reg information in the attachment just gives the install directory, which I already know how to get (it's how the installer works). If anyone with a steam copy is willing to do some scrounging to help out the installer, please post in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=340727

I'd like to try tackling it from there with some help from Emperor Fool who has a lot more experience with this type of thing.

Apologies to all Steam Users and people who's BtS copies had signed themselves into the current user registry rather then the local machine, as the LoR 0.9.8 installer messed up and said your copy wasn't updated and aborted. This is fixed now in the new installer. Legends of Revolution 0.9.8b released, mainly to fix the installer issue, but a couple of other bugs that were reported in the 0.9.8 build were also squashed in this updated as well.

This is a minor update to 0.9.8, so 0.9.8b is save game compatible with 0.9.8. Since 0.9.8 was not save game compatible with prior versions (0.9.7c and below), obviously 0.9.8b will not be either, so it is recommended you finish your 0.9.7 games before updating.

0.9.8b changelist:
  • Fixed installer to correctly find BtS version on Steam and Current User installs (searches Global Defines file for 3.19 entry instead of checking the registry)
  • Added Vietnam unit sounds
  • Fixed broken Religious Victory
  • Fixed Enhanced Graphics AddOn
  • Fixed rare bug where Rebels were gifted Legendary Units as reinforcements

-0.9.8a
  • Added Gaplus's Italian translations
  • Added Snophru's German translations

Download Legends of Revolution 0.9.8b

Still no knight change?

I am unaware of any discussed knight change to comment on. Personally I find knights to be good units; appropriately placed in the tech tree (about mid way between horesman and cuirassiers), with a decent strength. Overall they seem well balanced.

I am unaware of any discussed knight change to comment on. Personally I find knights to be good units; appropriately placed in the tech tree (about mid way between horesman and cuirassiers), with a decent strength. Overall they seem well balanced.
There was a thread about this at some point. Guilds is too late. They never see any use in my games because you need to beeline Guilds just to give them a decent window. Making them come earlier seems like kind of a no-brainer to me, and I've been wondering why they haven't been touched.

Such a change would require a Composite Bow class to properly balance. Adding a new unitclass is not feasible unless achilleszero returns to the project, or the the project has another graphic artist volunteer to help out.

Here is a Hotfix for the loss of Victories bug reported in Bug Reporting. I simply don't have time to package it in an installer, and also I still can't get the Launch button to show up for the spaceship. I will get a better fix out later, but for now this is all I have time for. Extract this into the LoR\Assets\Python\RevInquisition and it should fix victories.

Such a change would require a Composite Bow class to properly balance. Adding a new unitclass is not feasible unless achilleszero returns to the project, or the the project has another graphic artist volunteer to help out.
If you wouldn't mind describing the gameplay changes you'd make (where to move knights, composite bowman stats, etc.) I'd be more than happy to just mod it for myself and copy over the existing archer graphics.

I had two crashes today after switching to 1.9.8b from... 1.9.7, I think. One was when I whipped to finish a wall. The other was when I switched two selected cities from Idle (a module I play with, it's a process like Research) to lighthouses and one city had more than enough hammers from chopping to finish the building in one turn.

I had two crashes today after switching to 1.9.8b from... 1.9.7, I think. One was when I whipped to finish a wall. The other was when I switched two selected cities from Idle (a module I play with, it's a process like Research) to lighthouses and one city had more than enough hammers from chopping to finish the building in one turn.

You should post this in the Bug Thread.

@OnmyojiOmn

I would be surprised if the CTD wasn't caused by the merge you say you've done with LoR and the Idle module. Upload a save in the Bug Reporting thread, and I'll take a look though just in case.

@Everyone

The hotfix does fix the spaceship actually. It just doesn't fix it retroactively, so if you've finished the Spaceship an then try to apply the hotfix, no launch button will appear, if however you apply the hotfix before you finish the spaceship, everything will work normally.

I'd like to get some other changes in loading revolution.ini file done, as per Methix's loss of interface bug; it's a rare bug that is user specific, but just cause he's the only one who reported it, doesn't mean he's the only one to experience it. Once that's done I'll release an official update.

Sorry about the bug in 0.9.8b with victories. It seems every release has to go through an a,b,c patching process before all the kinks are worked out. At least 0.9.6, and 0.9.7 all were finalized with the c release. Third times tends to be the charm though. I will try to get this done as soon as possible. The hotfix will work though so definitely use that if you know enough about computers to extract a file into a specific folder, for those who can't do that I'll have an automatic installer for the patch ASAP.

0.9.8c is now available on Strategy Informer:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/civilizationivbeyondthesword/mod/34361.html

I have no time at the moment to set up all the links and all that. So am simply announcing it here for the time being. Also I plan on creating a patch that will be much smaller for those folks that have 0.9.8 already and just need to patch up, and don't want to deal with a large full download. The trouble with this is I need to account for different version (light/full/expanded), and delete some files, which I'm not sure how to do with an installer. It might take me a couple of days to complete the patching script, so for those who don't mind downloading a couple hundred MBs you can update to 0.9.8c by simply downloading and installing the new version in the link above.

LoR version 0.9.8c released:

Download Legends of Revolution 0.9.8c full version

Download LoR 0.9.8c (light) -aesthetic components like ethnic unit and city art removed

LoR 0.9.8b had a major bug in it where Victories did not work correctly. This is adressed in the 0.9.8c build. Currently other then the noted failure of multiplayer, Legends of Revolution version 0.9.8c is completely bug free. So it is recommended you update to the current version. I do realize downloading a large file is a problem for some people, and because there are nearly a 1000 users who have downloaded LoR versions 0.9.8 and 0.9.8b I will try to release a more reasonably sized patch for easy updating soon. However I must write new install scripting code for the patch to install correctly for different versions (such as light and full), and have it delete old files that have been removed in 0.9.8c that were present in other 0.9.8 versions. Thus it may take a few days for me to release a patch.

0.9.8c changelog:
  • Fixed broken victories
  • Moved all Revolution.ini loading code into a standardized BUG format (under the hood for most users, but should eliminate the rare user specific cases of a Loss of Interface)
  • Updated BUG UI to latest SVN (adds tech era information to tech screen)
  • Added Snophru's German translations.

When I click the link and go to the mirrors, the title says 0.9.7c, not 8c. Is that right?

Top Bottom