[RD] War in Gaza: News Thread

Is the theory about Israel being protected in the end, though, or just about it playing its part by erecting again the temple of Solomon? (and then being obliterated, like it previously obliterated the palestinians).

Either way, third world planet stuff as usual.
I assume it's the latter, but I guess I'm not sure.

Spoiler WARNING: POTENTIALLY DISTURBING :

“Just this week, two prisoners had their legs amputated due to handcuff injuries, which unfortunately is a routine event,” the doctor said in the letter, according to the Haaretz report on Thursday. He wrote that inappropriate care at the detention facility has led to “complications and sometimes even in the patient’s death,” adding that “this makes all of us – the medical teams and you, those in charge of us in the health and defense ministries, complicit in the violation of Israeli law.”

Haaretz reported that the doctor said “inmates are fed through straws, defecate in diapers and are held [in] constant restraints, which violate medical ethics and the law.” It is not clear when the doctor penned the letter.
CNN spoke to a source who has a medical background and previously visited the Sde Teiman field hospital. They confirmed seeing detainees held in constant restraints.

The medical source, who spoke to CNN on Thursday on the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, said all the Gazan detainees they saw at the field hospital had all four limbs shackled, which the source said increases the risk of blood clotting and other health concerns.

The source said the detainees were blindfolded and that at least three patients they saw were wearing diapers.

The medical source highlighted the systematic “dehumanizing” of detainees at the field hospital, which they described as a large “tent” that is “not insulated” from the elements.

The student government at Pomona College voted in February 2024 to divest all school investments from Israeli apartheid, which was opposed by the school’s president, Gabrielle Starr. More than 75% of student voters voted in favor of five propositions on divestment at the school, including ceasing all academic support for the state of Israel, and voting for the college to divest from all companies tied to Israel and all weapons manufacturers.

In a letter on Friday in response to the protest, Starr wrote: “Any participants in today’s events on the SCC lawn or in Alexander Hall, who turn out to be Pomona students, are subject to immediate suspension. Students from the other Claremont Colleges will be banned from Pomona’s campus and subject to discipline on their own campuses. All individual participants not part of the Claremont Colleges community are hereby banned from campus immediately.”

But unlike the 60’s, we don’t have a real economy in any sense of the word whatsoever

Yeah it’s all Ponzi schemes and human trafficking operations, it does make profits for some people but it doesn’t strike me as a good foundation for a society

Australian government currently making noises about recognising the Palestinian state, which would be a shift.

Australian government currently making noises about recognising the Palestinian state, which would be a shift.
It would be a nice bit of independent policy making.

Jewish lobby already complaining, as usual.

Zionist lobby
Yeah,thats what I'd normally say but they call themselves jewish this or that here. One group commenting on it is The Executive Council of Australian Jewry. Same as comments on everything about Israel for the last 40 years.

Yeah,thats what I'd normally say but they call themselves jewish this or that here. One group commenting on it is The Executive Council of Australian Jewry. Same as comments on everything about Israel for the last 40 years.
Yes, I know what you mean, but I deem it more appropriate to term such organisations as regards their political goals and actions instead of their self-appellations.

Obviously if Jewish organisations wish to call themselves Zionist its not racism but merely an expression of their political goals, if anyone else says Zionist its clearly a racist term.

Don't take their bullfeathers at face value

Otzma Yehudit the name of the Itamar Ben Gvir party does actually mean “Jewish Power.” I think it’s fine to refer to them by their real name. But do they really represent “the Jews” or even “Jewishness?”

The whole point of a chauvinistic and we’ll say fascistic organization like Otzma Yehudit or any number of “Jewish” lobbies trying to effect Zionist settlement and destruction of Palestine is that they associate themselves with the entire cultural identity of the Group to establish themselves as foremost exponents and protectors of That Group. They are playing for control and authority and their bid for that is being tough enough to take down their foes and traditionalist enough so that you never question they really love the old ways.

It is the same exact kind of mixed responsibility that all societies have. At the end of the day these right wingers want to take credit for the entire culture themselves, personally. But despite the successful enterprises of some colonists there are many Jews who do not and never really can belong to their project, and there will always be those who seek to exploit them for their cultural pride.

Top Bottom