Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

I tried to download this mod from current download site (dfiles) but failed. After choosing regular download and then "continue to download" nothing happens. Can someone confirm it is still possible to download the mod from this site in "regular" (not GOLD) mode?

Thank you. Still can't get it. As I wrote before I choose regular download, then "continue to download" (at the bottom of the new "window" with optional subscription), subscription window disappears and... nothing - I am back at the landing page with no download started. Checked with firefox and IE. Any ideas? Maybe there is some alternative download location?

Maybe it's my net provider then (LTE modem, no inbound connections possible, etc.). Anyway, thank you very much! I have downloaded the mod from the link you provided:D

Well, if mrtn is okay, here it is the fix for the labels.txt file causing havoc on the text in the steam version of the game. Replace the labels.txt file inside the folder "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios\WH2\Text" or the equivalent depending on your system.

If people chip in with the info about missing files by uploading savegames and pointing out what's missing I think I can make one final patch for this great mod.

Last edited:
Hello All (whoever still wanders around these pages)!

I've re-downloaded everything related to this WH mod last and probably put around 150 hours of play into it in the last 2-3 years.
Quite a lot to my current gaming standards. :D

There's been a few issues I could resolve by going through comments/advise/instruction on these pages.

There are 2 issues I am posting about:

1, This is a problem I could never resolve:
- artifact/quest overview screen crashes nearly every time, except if I quickly close it when it pops up. Screen simply freezes, game responding no longer.
- any kind of completion brings up the final message (how many hours I played, etc.) and then the 'final diplomacy' screen, where the leaders say a few funny things... then this screen crashes/freezes just like the quest window. Game responding no longer.
- as a result I could never actually enter the hall of fame with a WH mod game. ...which doesn't bother me much, but would fix it, if there's any remedy out there.

2, This is a new thing. I started a game on Scytale's map (standard.biq). After a good few rounds into the game, the error message pops up saying Beastman.INI is missing. I had a look, and the whole Beastman folder is missing from the Units folder. THe interesting thing is though, that I had just played a huge map game with Beast of Chaos throughout this past year (obviously including beastman units) and had no problem at all!! Strange! Anyone able to explain?

Everything else works like a clockwork otherwise. Cannot stop being impressed!
Played the huge standard map (2.5) and random maps too. Fantastic work!

Hope xmas has been merry for all and wishing a happy new year!

@Gzula
Concerning the first point, in both case (artifact quest overview and final victory/lose screen) don't close those Windows with the regular cross button, instead hit the escape touch.

Hey folks, rediscovering this mod! Many good memories. Does anyone know where to find the Warhammer World map for this? The download on the thread caught bitrot and doesn't exist anymore :(

Yeah, I think that links to the same one that doesn't work any more. If I click Download Now it takes to an error page :(

I've been able to fix the missing Units files by copying over the folder of a close-enough model and renaming the files, if that helps with your #2. They do come up fairly unexpectedly, though.

Yeah, I think that links to the same one that doesn't work any more. If I click Download Now it takes to an error page :(

I've been able to fix the missing Units files by copying over the folder of a close-enough model and renaming the files, if that helps with your #2. They do come up fairly unexpectedly, though.
I've uploaded what I've got here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95s13bxepdjygus/AACf0DM_5ZkSkXuAJsMCgR-9a?dl=0

Let me know if it works. Hope it's not against forum policy.

Yeah, I think that links to the same one that doesn't work any more. If I click Download Now it takes to an error page.
When they moved the site the database got restructured as well - which broke many links. The new search engine is also wonky as far as tracking down things we know are somewhere in the forum.

Here you are.
Have fun :)

Attachments

• WH_F_Global.zip
    645.5 KB · Views: 264
  • WH_F_Global_Update.zip
    193.2 KB · Views: 286
I love this mod but I feel like I am at a disadvantage with the dwarves, their units churn out very slowely and I can't keep up with the skaven who crank out massive armies quickly. Just like warhammer vermintide.

Modified the BIQ file on my computer...
I've had it with the constant one-sided OPness of the Khemri. High time to nerf them HARD.

The other civs will thank me later :D

I'll be honest, even unbalanced, I love this mod!

Changes:
Spoiler :
2nd Pyramid - instead of giving 2 free techs, they give a 50% sci boost, 50% tax boost.
Cost is quartered to compensate
1st Pyramid - instead of granaries everywhere, gives only 50% tax boost, 50% sci boost like the other pyramid
Cost is halved to compensate
Both Pyramids are essentially identical in benefits and costs (150 shields).

The Khemri is scientific, doesn't need the 2 free techs, is agricultural, doesn't need free granaries which are at half cost anyway. I felt a bit bad about the heavy nerfs, so I threw in an additional 50% tax boost next to the 50% sci boost.

In retrospect, it might have made more sense to give a production boost instead of a tax boost. So, the wonders gives double beakers and shields for the city now.

2 Khemri units changes
Ustabi (however you spell it)
Cost raised to 140
Bone Giant
Cost raised to 175

The idea is to slow down the hyper-aggressive Khemri a bit. I'm sure they will still manage to spawn an insane amount of units considering their inherent strong advantages.

For the Undead overall:
Spell of Awakening
No longer gives each city on same continent a building to pop a free skeleton warrior each 4 turn.
The wonder itself spawns the free skeletons now, once per 2 turns.

Now for once, this is sane, reasonable.

Unfortunately, the nerfs to the Khemri (and the Spell of Awakening) is likely insufficient for balancing this mod. The Skaven and Albion has been fairly consistent top civs in many of my games.

I'm considering removing Albion's Agricultural characteristic or... less severe: perhaps granaries should be obsolete by the Channeling tech (but give Elven Granaries to the Monolith tech which obsolete with Woodworking). I don't think that the granary changes would affect Albion that much, however. The AI is a crapshoot, either too obsessed with granaries or neglecting them, so the results may disappoint.

New idea: Why not make the Axemen and Hunters (the first two unique units of Albion) requiring a population cost? It's bound to slow down the REX-heavy characteristics of the agricultural civ a bit, and with low-pop cities Albion is going to be taking its sweet time to pump out buildings, units in the first age now.

I'm seriously considering doing this to some other agricultural civs (Looking at you, Estalia!).

Skaven units are quite fast, strong, and cheap. What's not to like? It however makes everything pales in comparison. From an overall view, the Skaven should be pretty strong in the endgame, so perhaps some nerfs to defense for the first two eras? They're still an aggressive race and should be treated accordingly as one, so I'm not in favor of nerfing the attack stats simultaneously with the defense nerfs, nor the movement speed should be reduced neither.

Skaven units changes:
Spoiler :
2.4.2 Clanrat: 4 def to 3 def
6.3.2 Night Runner: Apparently already nerfed by Mod-Maker Team, no change by me
7.4.2 Gutter Runner: 4 def to 3 def
3.3.2 Skaven Warlock: 3 def to 2 def
3.5.2 Storm Vermin Guard: Apparently already nerfed by Mod-Maker Team, no change by me
Nerfing the important "spearman" unit is probably going to be controversial for some people. But at least the AI Skaven will be weaker in the typical "spearmen swarm" tactics of covering an enemy's land with defensive units mucking everything up. Funny enough, the AI often use their mage units in that tactic too (the mages are flagged with a defensive unit strategy, that's why). Plus the AI-AI wars tend to be extremely attrition-heavy, so a nerf on their main defense unit is considerably a bigger nerf than it looks.

Regarding the Spell of Awakening
(Before anyone else retort that I simply should just go and attack the city that holds it: I have done it successfully a few times. However, I occasionally find myself located too impossibly far away and by the time our borders are relatively close enough, the Undead (usually Khemri again!) has already swallowed a half of the world and the said city holding the wonder is far deep inside the vast conglomerate. Thus the save is unplayable because of poor balancing)

Again in the end... even unbalanced, I love this mod! I would like to improve my experiences in replayablity, though. Anyone have good recommendations for further change to my list?

Last edited:
Great MOD,used to play it years ago on older PC. Got steam and bought civ 3 complete in steam. Downloaded it for steam, but it pauses and exits game to windows. No reason. uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still does this. Any info and help would be great.
thanks

Great MOD,used to play it years ago on older PC. Got steam and bought civ 3 complete in steam. Downloaded it for steam, but it pauses and exits game to windows. No reason. uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still does this. Any info and help would be great.
thanks
Remember to fix the labels.txt

Top Bottom