Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

where do I do that. and will it work on an old save or do I have to start a new game.
Text folder inside the mod folder. Open the labels.txt and go down and add Unknown between PING and Host. It's only a little ways down.

But, are you sure you have the mod folder properly installed in Scenarios?

Text folder inside the mod folder. Open the labels.txt and go down and add Unknown between PING and Host. It's only a little ways down.

But, are you sure you have the mod folder properly installed in Scenarios?

found and did that, no more problems. thanks
Is this something I have to do for any mod I download for civ 3 through steam?

is something I have to do for any mod I download for civ 3 through steam?
Yes, If the MOD was other than the Steam version. Easy enough to test any of them if you have problems.

found and did that, no more problems. thanks
Is this something I have to do for any mod I download for civ 3 through steam?

Yes as Vuldacon said, unless the mod was made with steam version, then the disc users has to do the process in reverse.

This only happened when Steam updated civ3 to add the online servers back in. Before it was identical and disc users and steam users could play with each other by Direct IP.

Some mods like CCM and mine include an edited labels.txt for easy swap by renaming so you dont have to open it up.

You can also get around this problem by using a hacked exe (like NoRaze), as that uses the old format of labels.txt. The steam labels.txt is out of order on that as it uses the disc format.

Last edited:
Modified the BIQ file on my computer...
I've had it with the constant one-sided OPness of the Khemri. High time to nerf them HARD.

The other civs will thank me later :D

I'll be honest, even unbalanced, I love this mod!
Spoiler :

Changes:
Spoiler :
2nd Pyramid - instead of giving 2 free techs, they give a 50% sci boost, 50% tax boost.
Cost is quartered to compensate
1st Pyramid - instead of granaries everywhere, gives only 50% tax boost, 50% sci boost like the other pyramid
Cost is halved to compensate
Both Pyramids are essentially identical in benefits and costs (150 shields).

The Khemri is scientific, doesn't need the 2 free techs, is agricultural, doesn't need free granaries which are at half cost anyway. I felt a bit bad about the heavy nerfs, so I threw in an additional 50% tax boost next to the 50% sci boost.

In retrospect, it might have made more sense to give a production boost instead of a tax boost. So, the wonders gives double beakers and shields for the city now.

2 Khemri units changes
Ustabi (however you spell it)
Cost raised to 140
Bone Giant
Cost raised to 175

The idea is to slow down the hyper-aggressive Khemri a bit. I'm sure they will still manage to spawn an insane amount of units considering their inherent strong advantages.

For the Undead overall:
Spell of Awakening
No longer gives each city on same continent a building to pop a free skeleton warrior each 4 turn.
The wonder itself spawns the free skeletons now, once per 2 turns.

Now for once, this is sane, reasonable.

Unfortunately, the nerfs to the Khemri (and the Spell of Awakening) is likely insufficient for balancing this mod. The Skaven and Albion has been fairly consistent top civs in many of my games.

I'm considering removing Albion's Agricultural characteristic or... less severe: perhaps granaries should be obsolete by the Channeling tech (but give Elven Granaries to the Monolith tech which obsolete with Woodworking). I don't think that the granary changes would affect Albion that much, however. The AI is a crapshoot, either too obsessed with granaries or neglecting them, so the results may disappoint.

New idea: Why not make the Axemen and Hunters (the first two unique units of Albion) requiring a population cost? It's bound to slow down the REX-heavy characteristics of the agricultural civ a bit, and with low-pop cities Albion is going to be taking its sweet time to pump out buildings, units in the first age now.

I'm seriously considering doing this to some other agricultural civs (Looking at you, Estalia!).

Skaven units are quite fast, strong, and cheap. What's not to like? It however makes everything pales in comparison. From an overall view, the Skaven should be pretty strong in the endgame, so perhaps some nerfs to defense for the first two eras? They're still an aggressive race and should be treated accordingly as one, so I'm not in favor of nerfing the attack stats simultaneously with the defense nerfs, nor the movement speed should be reduced neither.

Skaven units changes:
Spoiler :
2.4.2 Clanrat: 4 def to 3 def
6.3.2 Night Runner: Apparently already nerfed by Mod-Maker Team, no change by me
7.4.2 Gutter Runner: 4 def to 3 def
3.3.2 Skaven Warlock: 3 def to 2 def
3.5.2 Storm Vermin Guard: Apparently already nerfed by Mod-Maker Team, no change by me
Nerfing the important "spearman" unit is probably going to be controversial for some people. But at least the AI Skaven will be weaker in the typical "spearmen swarm" tactics of covering an enemy's land with defensive units mucking everything up. Funny enough, the AI often use their mage units in that tactic too (the mages are flagged with a defensive unit strategy, that's why). Plus the AI-AI wars tend to be extremely attrition-heavy, so a nerf on their main defense unit is considerably a bigger nerf than it looks.

Regarding the Spell of Awakening
(Before anyone else retort that I simply should just go and attack the city that holds it: I have done it successfully a few times. However, I occasionally find myself located too impossibly far away and by the time our borders are relatively close enough, the Undead (usually Khemri again!) has already swallowed a half of the world and the said city holding the wonder is far deep inside the vast conglomerate. Thus the save is unplayable because of poor balancing)

Again in the end... even unbalanced, I love this mod! I would like to improve my experiences in replayablity, though. Anyone have good recommendations for further change to my list?

Interesting changes.

Since I'm staying awake almost all night because of... reasons, I started to work on this. I added the changes on the pyramids to my own copy of the mod, as for the Spell of Awakening, I just made the building Raise the Dead it puts on every city on the same continent rise a skeleton every 16 turns instead of 4. The effect is really mitigated.

I also modified the gunpowder units to be offensive instead of defensive, they have all higher attacks than the sword top tier units, but poorer defense than this units. The blunderbus is the only exception which remains a superb defensive unit. Also are more expensive so no unit truly becomes obsolete. You can still deploy pikemen for defense, gun units as attackers and sword units as the middle ground sliding more into the offense than the defense. Archers are a tad nerfed and get similar attacks than those of the swordmen with less defense, kind of "gunpowder lite" units.

Also stopped Wizard Guilds pumping spells automatically, and a lot of buildings/wonders that pumped units now take longer. A merc every 6 turns was way too much for me, so is not every 20 turns, the same with knight orders. Oh I wish there were a way to limit how much of an unit is active so i.e. the knightly orders only pump 10 units and then stop until one of those units die so they pump one to get back to ten.

Also made Mount Arachnos available to chaos factions only.

Made The Great Cathedral put a Shrine in every city but removed the happiness in all cities bonus.

Made the Great Bazar put a market on every city.

The war academy now can build armies and increase the chance of leaders appearing, while the Great School of war increases army size and value, requiring a victorious army.

The Waggh can now build armies too.

I'm thinking reworking the mercenary building so is a small wonder that require a new resource called Dogs of War (perhaps even in the city radius) that would act like Ogres or beast, in that it would be a resource that would have high chances of "disappearing" and thus reappearing someplace else so acting like the roving bands of mercs. Or perhaps ditch the whole building and make the unit recruitable at low cost but requiring the resource. This resource would lower shields and food output -1 each representing the mercs eating away local resources but would increase the trade by 1 as they spend their war spoils in the local establishments. In this case which is the most likely I would take the Tilean mercenary will remain the same so they can always recruit mercenaries and a duplicated merc will be available to the rest of the civilizations that could recruit mercenaries, which would probably be all except undead. Dunno if Skaven, lizarmen or orcs would hire them.

Also making the thieves guild building a small wonder.

Also toying around with the idea of making some buildings called Dwarven underways, skaven underways... and so on, that would act as airports and would transport an unit from a city to the other, thus acting like both cities are connected by the underground. Dunno if this was thought when originally developing the mod.

BTW I posted a labels.txt fix just a few posts ago, is not working or haven't you tried?

Last edited:
Hello there, just reinstalled Civ3 after a long time to play again this masterpiece of a mod.
Apart from the text being a little messy (a Steam related issue?), I experienced a crash in my first game when I happen to found my third city...

Hello there, just reinstalled Civ3 after a long time to play again this masterpiece of a mod.
Apart from the text being a little messy (a Steam related issue?), I experienced a crash in my first game when I happen to found my third city...

Fix labels.txt, and at least first issue is solved, but I think even 2nd will be. Basically open up labels.txt in notepad, search for PING, and add an extra line between PING and Host and put Unknown. This is a steam difference :).

In honour of my favourite mod I upload my Orc Onslaught Story which featured in Civ3 Stories and Tales many, many moons ago. I may have to reinstall the mod to finish the story.

Attachments

• civfanatics - orc onslaught story.docx
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
Hi, is anybody here? :)
I'm playing Warhammer 2,5 mod (it's good like ... :smoke:)
Kai's Olde Worlde v1.52 map
Dwarfs. About 1525 year (few hours of addictive game:)

Game crashes (exit) with such communicate:
File not found
"Art\Units\Magician\..\..\..\..\..\..\CIV3PTW\art\Units\King Mongol\x_Temujindefault.flc"

In Scenario WH2 in file Magician, there is no x_Temujindefault.flc (file magician, compare to other unit's files is quite empty)
I found it in CIV3PTW\art\Units\King Mongo (with few others typical for another unit's files like: death, fidget run).
I copied it to Art\Units\Magician, but it didn't help :/

At this moment have no idea what to do.
Karaz-a-Karak needs help:king:

It works with renaming ini file: KingMongol to magician.
Thanks!

EDIT
The same problem is with Spy and Fire catapult. Solution - like Vuldacon said: copy all files from proper folder to WH2 units folder.

Last edited:
Download link leads to some sketchball site pushing hentai sites and an upgrade to 'gold membership', and no link for download. Seriously?
Edit my boy node60 out in west siberia hooked it up a page back

Last edited:
Hi if any one is there. I was hoping to try the Warhammer mod for civ 3. But a couple of quick questions. Where can you get it? The civfanatic Warhammer home page link leads to a outside site DepositFiles that does not have anything to download, just spam and scams.
Will it run on a steam based civ3 game. I still have my original civ 3 disks so I could install it properly.
Thanks if someone is still there.
:cool::spear:Always love this one.

Hi if any one is there. I was hoping to try the Warhammer mod for civ 3. But a couple of quick questions. Where can you get it? The civfanatic Warhammer home page link leads to a outside site DepositFiles that does not have anything to download, just spam and scams.
A working link to files of mod can be found on the previous page, in message # 1004.

The 3rd button ("Загрузить") is to download all files, or click on each file and download one at a time.

Will it run on a steam based civ3 game.
It should do, although you might have to edit the WH-mod's labels.txt file to get it working properly.

Once you've installed the mod (in .../Sid Meier's Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/), the labels.txt file should be in the ...Scenarios/WH2/Text/ folder. To make the mod Steam-compatible, open the labels.txt file in e.g. Notepad, scroll down to the lines 'Ping' and 'Host', and -- if it's not already there -- insert the new line 'Unknown' between them.

I'm going to be honest, I literally play this mod more than I do the base game anymore. I also have a google drive and discord links for files as well as a modified ruleslist for faster gameplay (Similar to the QC modifications made by the multiplayer community, with 2 main versions with City Elim and no city elimination.) I'd love to test it out in a live multiplayer match but I do have a PBE test of it.

For everyone that needs it, here are direct links to download this wonderful mod:

1. Download the main mod. (took me 6 days) just took me like 5 minutes this time.

2. Then the patch.

3. Get the labels fix for steam.

You are done to play. Alternatively you can download the following:

4. The generic advisors that add more immersion, so playing as skaven or orcs and having human advisors don't ruin the immersion anymore.

Also, I might upload my modified version if anyone is interested (and I can still find it)

EDIT: Updated the links after uploaded.net fall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom