What If: World War Two

Yes,in 1941,USSR also had more troops than Nazi,but Stalin forgot to show them in front of Hitler!According to all the documents I can find,before the war,Hitler completely misjudged USSR's military strength,as in his plan,USSR only had less than 200 divisions,in fact it was more than 300.So if Stalin knew that he had to show all his troops to make Hitler afraid,he could prevent the war from beginning,and the war would not happen for ever.

You're missing the point that Hitler's ambition from the beginning as depicted in Mein Kampf was Lebensraum in the east. Hitler was quoted as saying something like 'we'll just kick in the door and the whole place will collapse'. Neither he, or his generals rated the USSR's military prowess whether they had 200, 300 or 400 hundred divisions they still would have attacked.

Also I fail to see Germany's interest in the middle east. Thats a bloody long and dangerous supply line.

yes... dreadful mistake not giving the middle east an interest . . . the critical point was after the Balkans campaign, just before Barbarossa started.

It seems that someone misunderstanded my timeline.
All of us admit that Middle East could decide the result of the war.Of course,UK would send all the troops to Middle East,and that battle would become the final part of the war.
I agree that Hitler could not obtain victory easily.But the problem was Stalin!
Under such condition,Stalin could make an important decision:WHO SHOULD BE THE WINNER OF THE WAR!
It's clear that if Stalin decided to attack Nazi,he could get Eastern Europe and even half of the Germany,but he would leave UK as another winner,as we know,UK would co-operate with USA after the war,and USSR would suffer isolation in the cold war,and collapse at last.
At that time,Stalin knew the real strength of USA,and he also knew the plan of atom bomb.
But if Stalin chose to attack UK,he could get over half of Middle East,India,and even more.He could even prevent cold war as Nazi and USA would not co-operate.With half of Middle East,India,and even China on his hand,he could maintain a good 2nd place,if not 1st.
Hitler could not get Middle East completely if Nazi could not defeat UK independently there.So He would have no chance to be stronger than USSR,and could only allow USSR to get a solid 2nd place.

I noticed that someone always believe that UK was strong enough to defeat Nazi without help.I think he may be British,or at least from English speaking countries.

My ranking is from the summary of the world war two.According to productivity and performance,USA,USSR,Nazi,UK,Japan would be the top 5,and some supporters of Japan even argued that Japan should be 4th,and they also had their reasons.

In 1941,Nazi had less than 200 divisions,and less manpower and productivity than USSR.If Hitler knew the real strength of USSR,he should understand that he had no chance at all.Under such condition,I would change my idology and admit this opponents as a superpower in future.End the war with 3rd on hand was not a bad end for him,as he survived from the war with the last place of superpower and tech advantage,later he could even attempt to obtain victory through space race.

yes... dreadful mistake not giving the middle east an interest . . . the critical point was after the Balkans campaign, just before Barbarossa started.
Nazi Germany never possessed the troops or resources capable of conquering the Middle East. Their best bet was to attempt to co-opt it, as they did by offering assistance to nationalists in Egypt (Anwar Sadat was imprisoned for treason for helping them), Iraq and Iran, but they could never match what Britain had in the area.

It seems that someone misunderstanded my timeline.
All of us admit that Middle East could decide the result of the war.
And Germany was never, ever capable of conquering it. For that matter, the logistics required for a Soviet invasion of the Middle East are so difficult to overcome as to be laughable. You do realise how mammoth the task of sending a large-scale invasion force through Afghanistan or the Caucasus would be, don't you? It would require massive road and railroad construction on Stalin's part, and the very act of doing this would alert the British to his plan to invade their territory several years before he was positioned to do so.

Of course,UK would send all the troops to Middle East,and that battle would become the final part of the war.
No, the invasion of Germany would be the final part of the war.

I agree that Hitler could not obtain victory easily at all.
Fixed it for you.

Germany never possessed the necessary materiel or manpower to win WWII. Germany's generals even realised this at the time, and seriously contemplated coups to stop the war even starting.

Wiki said:
Hitler's determination to go through with his plan for the invasion of all Czechoslovakia in 1938 provoked a major crisis in the German command structure. The Chief of the General Staff, General Ludwig Beck protested in a lengthy series of memos that it would start a world war that Germany would lose, and urged Hitler to put off the projected war. Hitler called Beck's arguments against war "kindische Kräfteberechnugen" ("childish calculations"). On August 4, 1938, a secret Army meeting was held. Beck read his lengthy report to the assembled officers. They all agreed something had to be done to prevent certain disaster. Beck hoped they would all resign together but no one resigned except Beck. However his replacement, General Franz Halder, sympathised with Beck and together they conspired with several top generals, Admiral Wilhelm Canaris (Chief of German Intelligence), and Graf von Helldorf (Berlin's Police Chief) to arrest Hitler the moment he gave the invasion order. However the plan would only work if both Britain and France made it known to the world that they would fight to preserve Czechoslovakia. This would help to convince the German people that certain defeat awaited Germany. Agents were therefore sent to England to tell Chamberlain that an attack on Czechoslovakia was planned and their intentions to overthrow Hitler if this occurred. However the messengers were not taken seriously by the British. In September, Chamberlain and Daladier decided not to threaten a war over Czechoslovakia and so the planned removal of Hitler could not be justified.[9] The Munich Agreement therefore preserved Hitler in power.
(emphasis mine)

Almost all of Germany's resources were traded to it by Russia, as can be seen here. As such, it was not in Germany's interests to allow Russia to control large parst of the Middle East and India, as it made them even stronger and a greater threat to Germany. It was also not in Russia's interest to allow Germany access to the oil and grain in the Middle East, as it ended their dependency upon the USSR, making an invasion of the USSR by Germany feasible. Operation: Barbarossa was not feasible, but nearly worked anyway, largely through Russian incompetence.

But the problem was Stalin!
Under such condition,Stalin could make an important decision:WHO SHOULD BE THE WINNER OF THE WAR!
It's clear that if Stalin decided to attack Nazi,he could get Eastern Europe and even half of the Germany,
If Stalin attacked Germany without the Western powers opening a second front, he'd conquer all of German-held Europe, which was far more valuable to him than the Middle East and much easier to both invade and dominate for a non-naval power like Russia or Germany. You are still seriously annoying me with your irrational belief that Stalin could somehow see the future. Why the hell would he stop with Eastern Germany? Just because that's what happened in the real world? In the real world, very, very different things happened than in your insane, unsupportable scenario.

but he would leave UK as another winner,as we know,UK would co-operate with USA after the war,and USSR would suffer isolation in the cold war,and collapse at last.
Except that STALIN DIDN'T BLOODY KNOW THIS AT THE TIME!!! Stalin was not a bloody time traveller; he could not predict the collapse of the USSR forty years after his death. I cannot stress that enough, and you seem incapable of understanding this simple point.

At that time,Stalin knew the real strength of USA,and he also knew the plan of atom bomb.
So? Japan knew the real strength of the US as well; they still attacked it, as it fit their goals of a limited war. What makes you think Stalin would care one whit about an isolationist country on another continent? To my knowledge the only man to predict bombers capable of crossing continents at this point was Hitler. ICBMs accomplished the same thing, but were still a decade off. Stalin was not a scientist; he could not predict that a previously small-scale and unimportant science, rocketry, would become such a hugely important science in the near future. Most scientists at the time didn't. To Stalin, the US was virtually a non-issue. It was an armourer, a source of supplies. He did not perceive it as a threat, even with atomic weaponry. He even famously said so once.

But if Stalin chose to attack UK,he could get over half of Middle East,India,and even more.
You have yet to explain exactly how Stalin was to do these things. Magic powers? Tell me how he could get such a large number of troops into position to attack the UK in the Middle East and India, especially when he was under the constant threat of invasion by Germany. A Soviet attack on the British would be an open invitation to Germany to invade them along their weakened border.

He could even prevent cold war as Nazi and USA would not co-operate.
Before WWII, no-one thought the USSR and US could co-operate, but they did, against Germany. Considering many Germans believed, as late as 1944, that there was a chance that the removal of Hitler might create a situation in which they could join the Americans and British in fighting the Soviets, your idea does not pan out. If Hitler was willing to co-operate with Stalin, he'd co-operate with Roosevelt, and Roosevelt would not be averse to co-operating with Germany against Russia if necessary. The big question mark is Churchill, who likely wouldn't co-operate with Hitler. He did, however, order a feasibility study into a war with Russia, so he was not averse to siding with Germany; it was Hitler and Nazism he had a problem with. Neither Hitler nor Nazism was likely to survive much longer anyway, due to the opposition of much of Germany's military.

With half of Middle East,India,and even China on his hand,he could maintain a good 2nd place,if not 1st.
Except that the world is not a game of Civ, with rankings. Stalin could not control 2 billion people in China and India with the handful of forces at his command. Britain had enough trouble controlling India, and their rule was relatively benign. A brutal Soviet occupation would result in mass uprisings, which the Indians would likely win.

I noticed that someone always believe that UK was strong enough to defeat Nazi without help.I think he may be British,or at least from English speaking countries.
I may live in Australia, but I'm part-German and part-Israeli. Nice of you to try to misrepresent me to help your 'argument' - an argument usually has arguments, supporting evidence and an underlying logic, not just unsupported ramblings, so I don't think what you've repeatedly stated here qualifies - though.

My ranking is from the summary of the world war two.According to productivity and performance,USA,USSR,Nazi,UK,Japan would be the top 5,and some supporters of Japan even argued that Japan should be 4th,and they also had their reasons.
I asked you before to actually provide any sources whatsoever to back up your claims. Please do so. Where are you getting your information from? Who provided you with these numbers? Because every source I have ever seen in my life strongly disagrees with you.

What I posted earlier shows that Nazi Germany was actually dependent upon the USSR for raw materials and therefore suffered greatly on a scale of productivity. Furthermore, while Germany's productivity did increase throughout the war, they never reached a level of full wartime production during the entire war. As for performance, they lost the damn war. How the hell did they perform better than the UK, or even France, which won it?

The fact that you have not yet offered anything whatsoever to support your argument leads to the inescapable conclusion that your argument is unsupportable and therefore false. Prove me wrong with some actual information backing up your claims.

EDIT:
In 1941,Nazi had less than 200 divisions,and less manpower and productivity than USSR.If Hitler knew the real strength of USSR,he should understand that he had no chance at all.Under such condition,I would change my idology and admit this opponents as a superpower in future.
Except, as I have continually told you, NONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE WAR WERE BLOODY TIME TRAVELLERS!!! Nor were they prophets, seers, or in contact with Marty McFly. Besides which, Hitler was insane; he perpetrated the Holocaust despite the fact that the resources used in doing so would have been put to much better use in fighting the war and also used industrial slave labour despite repeated attempts by Albert Speer to convince him that it was unproductive and uneconomical, which is true. He would not change his ideology, no matter how demonstrably wrong it was.

End the war with 3rd on hand was not a bad end for him,as he survived from the war with the last place of superpower and tech advantage,later he could even attempt to obtain victory through space race.
:wallbash:

I'm now convinced you're a troll. You cannot be this stupid without trying to be. That's not an insult, it's a simple fact. The real world is not a game of Civ. Argue properly, as I have asked you to do repeatedly, or I won't even attempt to post here anymore. In fact, I'm actively encouraging everyone else to boycott this thread from now on.

EVERYONE, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD FROM THIS POINT ON UNLESS zhaoshuais ACTUALLY OFFERS SOME SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FOR HIS ARGUMENT. KTHXBAI.

Then I have to ask you some question:
Before USA and USSR joined the war and changed the war,what did UK soldiers do?
Being defeated,losing land here and there,not only defeated by Nazi,but also by Japanese.
And their leaders already told USA that if they could not get help,they would finally surrender.

After the war,UK lost most of the colonies although they had won the world war.United Kingdom was greatly weakened in the war,and it's no longer the superpower in 18th and 19th centuries.

The production also reflected this.
UK produced 52871 fighters(3850 jet fighters),45953 bombers,29288 tanks.

Nazi produced 64596 fighters(1422 jet fighters),34402 bombers,48358 tanks.

USSR produced 78337 fighters(0 jet fighters),29183 bombers,116105 tanks.

In all the documents I can find,Nazi had more productivity than UK,but less than USSR,so Nazi was 3rd at that time.

And you should know that even in China,both Chiang and Mao realized that cold war would come at once when Nazi and Japan was defeated.So I believe that all the leaders already considered the long term result of the war when they made any decisions.Of course,Stalin should know more than Chiang,so I suppose that he already knew that when the war end,the cold war would begin,and USSR would suffer.

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE :Fighter and Bomber production in the war,in Chinese.

http://hi.baidu.com/burtchono/blog/item/475123184234eb0f35fa41f9.html

Productivity
   USA USSR NAZI UK FRANCE JAPAN ITALY TOTAL7
1929 43.3% 5.0% 11.1% 9.4% 6.6% 2.5% 3.3% 81.2%
1932 31.8% 11.5% 10.6% 10.9% 6.9% 3.5% 3.1% 78.3%
1937 35.1% 14.1% 11.4% 9.4% 4.5% 3.5% 2.7% 80.7%
1938 28.7% 17.6% 13.2% 9.2% 4.5% 3.8% 2.9% 79.9%

After 1938,France was defeated,so my ranking do not include France.
USA was not preparing for the war in 1937 and 1938,in fact,their real percentage would be around 40%.In 1939,40,41,42,43,the percentage could change greatly in several months,as some side was losing or getting factories.

Chiang was not a bloody time traveller either,then why he could realize that the ally in the war would become his worst enemy at once when the war ended?

If Chiang could realize that,why Stalin could not?

The South Anhui incident is the best proof which can prove that all the leaders were planning for future!

Productivity

USA was not preparing for the war in 1937 and 1938,in fact,their real percentage would be around 40%.In 1939,40,41,42,43,the percentage could change greatly in several months,as some side was losing or getting factories.

France was defeated in 1940, not 1939. in fact im not even sure if france was defeated at all, since some of the colonies did not join Vichy France.

Yes,France was defeated in 1940,but we are discussing 1941,so the ranking should not include France.
Most of the military industry was located in France,not in colonies,so their productivity could be ignored,although they still provided resources and manpower.

Lord Ball is part Israeli,I can understand that Jew hate Nazi,so he can not allow Nazi to survive.
But My country suffered a lot in the cold war,instead,Nazi did no harm to us.(Of course,Japanese did,but before that war,the relationship between Nazi and Nationalist China was good.)

France was defeated in 1940, not 1939. in fact im not even sure if france was defeated at all, since some of the colonies did not join Vichy France.
Nor until 1942 was it entirely clear how far into the Axis camp Vichy was. There was very real hopes at the time that it might join the Allies again.

Then I have to ask you some question:
Before USA and USSR joined the war and changed the war,what did UK soldiers do?
Being defeated,losing land here and there,not only defeated by Nazi,but also by Japanese.
Japan and the UK were not fighting until after both the US and USSR had joined the war. If you can't even get simple facts like that straight, there's no hope for you.

Also, the UK actually defeated the Italian Navy in the Mediterranean, Rommel in North Africa, and had actually repulsed the German invasion of Crete when they stupidly allowed the Germans control of an airstrip, allowing them to bring in reinforcements. It had also decisively won the Battle of Britain. The English were defeated on Continental Europe, but that means nothing to an island nation.

And their leaders already told USA that if they could not get help,they would finally surrender.
No they most certainly did not. Show me one single scrap of evidence to the contrary.

After the war,UK lost most of the colonies although they had won the world war.United Kingdom was greatly weakened in the war,and it's no longer the superpower in 18th and 19th centuries.

The production also reflected this.
UK produced 52871 fighters(3850 jet fighters),45953 bombers,29288 tanks.

Nazi produced 64596 fighters(1422 jet fighters),34402 bombers,48358 tanks.

USSR produced 78337 fighters(0 jet fighters),29183 bombers,116105 tanks.

In all the documents I can find,Nazi had more productivity than UK,but less than USSR,so Nazi was 3rd at that time.
The UK produced no jet fighters during WWII, so I can tell right now that your sources are either dishonest or false. only Germany produced jet fighters during WWII, as it invented them shortly before the end of the war. Your documentation is mistaken, and it's traditional to provide documentation when making claims like this anyway.

And you should know that even in China,both Chiang and Mao realized that cold war would come at once when Nazi and Japan was defeated.So I believe that all the leaders already considered the long term result of the war when they made any decisions.Of course,Stalin should know more than Chiang,so I suppose that he already knew that when the war end,the cold war would begin,and USSR would suffer.
Chiang and Mao knew not that the Cold War would come, but only that the Chinese Civil War would come. Do not conflate the two, as they are very different.

Of course all leaders considered the long-term results of the war. And if you researched it even slightly, you'd see that Stalin and Roosevelt were actually co-operating extremely closely, and it wasn't until FDR's death and replacement by Harry Truman that relations between the US and USSR soured. There was no reason for Stalin to believe that he could not co-operate amicably with the US and Britain after the war. They were certainly a smaller threat to him than Germany was, being a belligerent, expansionistic military power on his border.

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE :Fighter and Bomber production in the war,in Chinese.

http://hi.baidu.com/burtchono/blog/item/475123184234eb0f35fa41f9.html
Has anything I've said even remotely indicated that I read Chinese?

Productivity
This graph is laughably inaccurate. In 1929 Nazi Germany didn't even exist. Even if it did, the war began in 1939, the year after your graph ends. Therefore the graph is meaningless when it comes to calculating the productivity of these nations during the war, not that productivity is the sole mechanism for determining the success or failure of nations anyway. Also, "productivity" does not indicate what is being produced. Productivity in what? Industry, agriculture, war-time industries? Production of what, exactly?

Also, the mathematical skill of whoever wrote this is idiotic. 43.3 + 5 + 11.1 + 9.4 + 6.6 + 2.5 + 3.3 = 81.2, yes. But that is not a percentage. One has to divide 700 by 83.2 to find an average productivity of all nations. The total is of no consequence whatsoever.

France capitulated in 1940. The war hadn't even begun in 1938.

How did you reach the conclusion from this graph that the US' productivity would be different than indicated?

Chiang was not a bloody time traveller either,then why he could realize that the ally in the war would become his worst enemy at once when the war ended?
Because he and the Communists had been fighting since before the Japanese invasion of China even started. They were only temporarily setting aside their differences to fight the greater threat from the Japanese, and even then they still fought each other on and off during the entire conflict.

If Chiang could realize that,why Stalin could not?
Because the situations were entirely different. For one thing, Chiang actually considered the Communists his greatest enemy, not the Japanese. He wanted to stockpile weapons given to him to fight Japan for use against the CCP after the war. On the other hand, Stalin and Hitler always considered each other natural enemies. Hitler baldly stated in Mein Kampff and its sequel that he intended to ally with Italy, attack France, then join forces with Britain against Russia. Stalin knew this, and obviously concluded that Germany was a constant threat, while Britain and the US were not.

The South Anhui incident is the best proof which can prove that all the leaders were planning for future!
If you mention something that is not common knowledge, it is traditional to reference it. I have no idea what the hell the "South Anhui incident" is. No matter what, I think things like the Yalta, Tehran and Casablanca Conferences might be better examples of leaders preparing for the post-war period, since they were actually conferences designed to plan for the post-war period.

All of French Central Africa joined Charles De Gaulle's Free French, as did most French colonies in the Western hemisphere. Those few that didn't declared their neutrality in the conflict, serving neither Vichy nor De Gaulle.

Yes,France was defeated in 1940,but we are discussing 1941,so the ranking should not include France.
Most of the military industry was located in France,not in colonies,so their productivity could be ignored,although they still provided resources and manpower.
Productivity does not matter when you lack resources. Germany lacked resources, regardless of their productivity. It's the same reason they lost WWI; they simply ran out of resources necessary to fight the war.

Lord Ball is part Israeli,I can understand that Jew hate Nazi,so he can not allow Nazi to survive.
By that reasoning, I also cannot allow Jews to survive. Or did you miss the point where I also said I was part-German? In fact, the Israeli part of my bloodline is actually proselyte. That is, an Arab (my great-grandmother) that converted to Judaism. This is the reason I'm one of the extremely small number of Jews worldwide that does not personally know anyone involved in the Holocaust.

Also, I'm reporting you for racist trolling for implying that it is my Jewishness makes me incapable of using logic and reason to posit a potential Nazi victory. The simple fact is that Nazi Germany was incapable of winning the war, for reasons I have already shown you.

But My country suffered a lot in the cold war,instead,Nazi did no harm to us.(Of course,Japanese did,but before that war,the relationship between Nazi and Nationalist China was good.)
Using your logic that my being part-Israeli means I cannot ever allow Nazi Germany to win anything - odd, since I routinely play games of Civ as Nazi Germany. Civ II WWII scenario Axis ftw! - I must therefore concluded that your Chinese-ness makes you naturally favourably inclined to Nazi Germany. See how stupid such racial profiling is?

The only reason I responded to your posts this time around is that you offered a source, even though it is a woefully inadequate one. I cannot read Chinese, be it Mandarin, Pinyin, Cantonese, Fukienese, or any other Chinese language. If your next post does not source something in English, I am done.

UK really produced a lot of jet fighters in the world war two.
The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and the Allies' first operational jet. Designed by George Carter, it first flew in 1943 and commenced operations on 27 July 1944 with 616 Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF). The Gloster Meteor was not an aerodynamically advanced aircraft but the Gloster design team succeeded in producing an effective jet fighter that served the RAF and other air forces for decades. Meteors saw action with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) in the Korean War and remained in service with numerous air forces until the 1970s. Two Meteors, WL419 and WA638, remain in service with the Martin-Baker company as ejection seat testbeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

I'm not good at English(although better than most of the Chinese),so it's difficult for me to search for documents in English.But I can get them if I want.Jet fighter is only an example,it's clear that you forget the first jet fighter of ally.

Nice work Grishnash, are you continuing this?

... Wow, this is not what I expected! To be frank, I kinda of stopped checking in when it got all blurry... Both Zhaoshuaos and Baal went off topic completely and derailed the topic. The arguments were ridiculous, and I read some stupid things in both their posts, and others...
No one posed a logical discussion or even stuck to the OP. There was a clearly lined out timeline in the OP, what happened there happened. Period. Nothing there was unrealistic or improbable, it was clean and clear and the POD was logical, (unlike what some would say) The Post wasn't stupid, the posters were. (At least some (or a couple) No offence intended, it just sounded smart in my head :) )

I fact, I don't think much anyone stayed on topic, only Zhaoshusaos made an attempt to post a continuing timeline, and no one even touched on how the world would be in 2010 had things gone like the OP.
You know, when discussing WWII alt histories like this, you might went to put away Patriotism and general bias against Nazi Germany and try to look at things objectively, oh well.

A snapshot. A general look at the future, or present, had the year 1941 unfolded as presented in the OP.

Nazi Germany stands as one of the worlds superpowers. After the events of 1941, Nazi Germany consolidated it's power in Europe through the blood of hundreds, and fortified their legacy. After Hitler's death in 1953, his successor dropped plans of invasion on the USSR and went on to continue to stabilize the Nazi Power.
However, tensions remained high between Nazi Germany, the UK and the USSR, and other European nations throughout the years. In 1968, a brief conflict broke out between Germany and Sweden. Sweden was backed by the USSR, UK and the US, which strained relations between the Countries. The conflict ended in 1969 with little results other then strained relations.
In 1957, just four years after Hitler's death, the Nazis were the first men in space, however, did not land on the moon and made no attempts in the follow decades.
Under Hitler's rule, Nazi Germany begin down a Green and Vegetarian path, and these things, along with other ideological policies were continued under his Successors, extreme Patriotism underlined the course of the Nation.

The Soviet Union stands as another world Power. Having been able to build up while the rest of the world boiled in flames, the USSR managed to make it through a late 80's depression and entered the 21st century as a mega Communist Power. In 1958, the Soviet's became the second men in space.
The Soviet Union has propped up Soviet/Communist States throughout the world and formed somewhat of a Soviet Bloc that spreads throughout the world a whole.
However, Russia's Communistic ideology has infuriated capitalistic nations throughout the Western world, and a so-called Cold War has sparked between the Capitalist, Nazis, Communist and Fundamentalist in the Middle-East.
In 2001, the Twin Towers in the United States were struck by airplanes and destroyed. The American president declared that Muslim extremist had done at and that the US would strike at the Terrorist in the Middle East, however, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany stood fast against the United States want to invade the Middle East. This spiked tensions between the world powers, and for the first time in many years, fall-out fear surfaced among the general population.
In 1993 the Soviet Union began a massive anti-corruption campaign within the state, and by 2000 the Premier had declared the campaign a success.
In 2003, the Soviet Union launched and landed the first man on the Moon.

The Japanese narrowly escape death by the Americans in WWII, and manage to maintain their power into the 21st century. By 1945, the Americans had pushed back the Japanese, and were on the advance. In a move to display a show of power, and hopefully shock the Japanese into surrender, the Americans drop a nuclear warhead on Iwo Jima, destroying the island and the Japanese forces there. However, this was responded to by a nuke of their own by the Japanese a month later on US Navy forces. The Japanese Nuclear warhead was rumoured to have been supplied by the Nazis, however, this was rejected by the Nazi government.
The Soviets and Nazis intervened and eventually brokered peace between the two sides.
The Japanese control most of the Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand.
However, their influence is continuously hampered by the Chinese to their west, the Soviets to their north and the Americans to the east.
In 1970, a violent revolt against the Japanese Emperor throws the nation into chaos, by 1973, the revolt is crushed with thousands dead.
Tensions between the Japanese and China remain high, and the Japanese Korean boarder with China is continuously on high alert with armed patrol.
In 1970, the Japanese invent the first Desktop Computer.
In 2001, a new Emperor vows to turn over a new leaf with China but continues the anti-west policies of his predecessors.

The United Kingdoms becomes a reclusive nation, and an increasingly military police state. In 1968, after Troubles spilled over into England, the UK used the situation to invade Ireland. The Isles were united by 1970 and the new UK went on to fortify against any possible threat from the Nazis.
By 2002, the UK has become totalitarian and is ruled by a Ultra-Right-Wing, fascist regime. There is constant surveillance and propaganda and heavy censorship.
Most minorities are classified as enemies of the state. Twelve years earlier, the British government had been on the verge of collapse. The openly fascist right-wing party led a purge to restore order; enemies of the state were kidnapped by the secret police during the night. The country was divided over the loss of freedom until a bioterrorist attack occurred, killing about 80,000 people. The fear generated by the attack allowed the regime to silence opposition and win the next general election by a landslide. A cure for the virus was discovered soon afterward by the government. With the silent consent of the people, the regime turned Britain into a police state, with their leader as High Chancellor. However, the virus had been engineered by the Government as a plot to gain power, through deadly experimentation on "social deviants" and political dissidents at a Detention Centre.
Tensions with the Nazi Regime and the Soviets remain high as the UK government classifies them as 'Evil Regimes against freedom'.
The UK actively tries to thwart Nazi and Soviet notions around the world and works hard to maintain their colonial power.

The United States had been hampered by the Japanese attack that left their forces beat. The Japanese had launched attacks on the American mainland, more then just disrupting the American engine, these attacks greatly hurt the American sense of security.
Those the Americans had manage to push the Japanese back, they were unable to completely destroy them and ended up signing a peace accord with the Japanese that saw the Japanese take Australia and New Zealand.
The aftermath of the War also resulted in Sovereign independence for Hawaii, much to the disdain of the Americans.
In 1961, the Americans became the third nation to reach the stars.
by 1967, the American government began to really crack down on supposed 'enemies of the state' such as Communist, Nazi sympathizers, Asians, Russians, Germans and other minorities such as blacks and Latinos.
By 1970, a Civil-Rights movement had been crushed. Alongside that, the Americans make claims of landing a man on the moon, broadcast around the world. The American rejoice in glee as the leaders among the stars. However, their claims were thwarted by the Nazis and Russians whom show proof of falsification, and that the Americans never made it to the moon, just paid millions to trick the public.
The rejection by the Nazis and Russians barely make it to the American public and what dose is downplayed by the Media, though the 'Moon Landing' quickly fades away from the media or mention.
By 1972, America became increasingly hostile towards unwanteds such as Communists, Nazi sympathizers, Asians, Russians, Germans and other minorities such as blacks and Latinos. And the Ruling Republican party start undermining the multi-party system, in ways such as harassing and punishing opposition parties.
In 1990, after coming back to power from the Democrats, and after much protest and revolts and the threat of rebellion, the Republicans signed a Civli-Rights Act banning discrimination.
By 1996, the Republicans returned to normal politics and ended their brutalizing of opposition parties.
In 2001, America was attacked and the Twin Towers destroyed, the President vowed to get those responsible and declared that he would invade the Middle East to capture and destroy the Terrorist that attacked America and are hidden in the region of Afghanistan and Iraq, however this was stopped by Soviet and Nazi opposition and the threat of a possible common ground between the Soviets and Nazis. Fear spreads that America may return to the politics of the of 70's and might become a police state.
In 2002, the first Labour Union is founded but has little support from the general population and none from the Government or Government Control (So-Call Free) Media.
In 2004, the Americans land their first man on the moon, behind the Russians and Germans and mere months ahead of the Japanese and Chinese.

After the War ended, many colonies in Africa had been ceded to the Germans, this change in power and the sweeping notion of African Nationalism spurred Nationalist movements across Africa. Ethiopia, the only sovereign African State, led this charge of Africanism, and support everything from small movements to open rebellions.
In attempt to thwart Nazi power, Western powers back Ethiopia in supporting rebellions in Germany Colonies, while Germans support rebellions in Western Colonies.
By 1970, the Whole of Africa had broken from colonial rule. The Germans gave up efforts to maintain their hold on Africa, as they sought to consolidate their rule in Europe, and as long as it wasn't under Western Influence they were okay.
The Africanism Nationalism that had swept the continent saw the expulsion of Europeans from the continent and a sense of unity among the newly Independent States, all African states were now led by native Africans whom sought unification and African Power. Ethiopia was looked at as a beacon of African Pride and Sovereignty and over the years would play a key role in keeping the peace among the newly independent nations.
By 1989, states across Africa had broken free from the Cold War grip of Western nations, civil-wars and corruption that had plagued the states were slowly fading, and Cold War Backed wars and division was slowly being nulled, Africa was quickly on the rise.
By 2010, the African Union was on the fast track of Unification, with Ethiopia at it's head, it is said that Federalization is possible within a couple years. Africa was becoming a power on the playing field of the world stage, and many super power were now starting to look at it as a real threat.
2008 saw the first African Union Astronaut land on the Moon to plant the African Flag

2010 looks to be a troubled year, even a crossroads between War, and Life.

The World Is A Funny Place.

Lord Baal said:
The UK produced no jet fighters during WWII, so I can tell right now that your sources are either dishonest or false. only Germany produced jet fighters during WWII, as it invented them shortly before the end of the war. Your documentation is mistaken, and it's traditional to provide documentation when making claims like this anyway.

There were a few squadrons of Gloster Meteors in service by mid-1944. His data comes from the total number of Meteors produced, which covered a ten-year time span to 1954.

The DeHavilland Vampire was developed and built during WWII, but they were fielded too late to ever see action.

That said, they're often an overlooked aspect of the war. I can't count the number of times some german fanboy is fawning how if they had a few more of them the German Jet planes were going to turn around the war, and how the allies had nothing like it. When they Allies had what was in all likelihood a better Jet Plane.

i still dont see how Germany can realistically survive. its well known that when Germany attacked the SU, Stalin was planning to attack attack Germany sometime in 1942.

my verdict: the Soviet union will never allow Nazi Germany to survive. even if the original attack failed, the germans will invade the Soviet union in retaliation, with disastrous results.

i still dont see how Germany can realistically survive. its well known that when Germany attacked the SU, Stalin was planning to attack attack Germany sometime in 1942.

Its only well-known by Victor Suvorov. Everyone else drops a giant WTF bomb whenever the idea is proposed and laughs.

Its only well-known by Victor Suvorov. Everyone else drops a giant WTF bomb whenever the idea is proposed and laughs.

ive seen the evidence. Soviet troops were built up along the border. why woudl they do that unless they are planning to attack?

ive seen the evidence.

Вы говорите ро-русски? Вы видели архиве? Я восхищен.

Soviet troops were built up along the border. why woudl they do that unless they are planning to attack?

Oh, I don't know...was it because they expected an attack, perhaps?

Troops near the border means precisely zip. or do you think that France was preparing to invade Belgium in May 1940?

Top Bottom