Whats the deal with this game

cubsfan6506

Got u
Whats it gonna be like.

The deal is that it is a console game and therefore will suck.

Ohh man. I do have a 360 I might have to give this one a rental.

I'd definately try it out, the previews look SIICKKK!!! I love the console verison of games because:

1. No freezing
2. Better graphics
3. Minimal lag
4. Does not hog RAM and VIrtual Memory with all those graphics.
5. All consoles are meant to handle extreme graphics, computer, not so much.

I think it is a pretty cool alternative for those that can't afford so much comp space...like me...

Quite the contrary, the high-end computers (e6600 8800GTS/GTX based PC's) are the ones suited for extreme graphics with resolutions and details much higher than Xbox 360 or PS3. What consoles are excellent at are providing a medium which enables one to play at relatively high graphics for cheaper than a computer similar in power.

i just got my p3 this weekend
i cant wait to try this game
i will playing oblivion till it does

This is the civilization for 12 year olds.

Avoid at all costs unless you happen to be a 12 year old or simply an unabashed moron.

I wont judge it til i get a chance to play it.

Which will be never.:lol:

No, it's not a civ for 12 years old ;)

I hope that revolution will have the taste and simplicity of Civ 2 :D

OMG my first Civ the 2th of the serie !

This game is going to sell well at first, and hopefully it will introduce a new generation to civ.

I hate this console-only mania. No PCversion!? So now Firaxis spits on the platform that made it rich?!

I'd definately try it out, the previews look SIICKKK!!! I love the console verison of games because:

1. No freezing
2. Better graphics
3. Minimal lag
4. Does not hog RAM and VIrtual Memory with all those graphics.

It could still freeze and the graphics do not look better than Civ IV or even Civ3 with some graphics mods.

Quite the contrary, the high-end computers (e6600 8800GTS/GTX based PC's) are the ones suited for extreme graphics with resolutions and details much higher than Xbox 360 or PS3. What consoles are excellent at are providing a medium which enables one to play at relatively high graphics for cheaper than a computer similar in power.

Well, my computer was not meant for playing graphics...
And my 360 has never frozen before...

jlvfr said:
I hate this console-only mania. No PCversion!? So now Firaxis spits on the platform that made it rich?!

If you read the links, it talked about a possiblity to make it PC compatible.

If you read the links, it talked about a possiblity to make it PC compatible.

I'll believe it when I see it... :(

Besides, what really #$%& me off was the fact that the PC version is, at best, a secondary choice. It should have been the first one...

This has been done before with Civ2 for the ps1. It played pretty much like the pc
version, but cut down a lot. On a large map the ps1 would run out of memory and start crashing just as you were about to take down your last rival. On today's consoles, none of that is going to be a problem. The problem I see is that most of the console crowd is Halo type game oriented. Is that market going to be interested in a game that requires long term strategys, as opposed to imediate kills? I'll be first in line for the DS version, as I've always wished I could be playing civ somewhere where you're forced to kill time in a waiting room or something. I heard there was even a cellphone version of civ2, is that true?

Wow, we don't get the dumbed down version of Civ. OH NOES!!

Top Bottom