Whats the deal with this game

I'd definately try it out, the previews look SIICKKK!!! I love the console verison of games because:

1. No freezing
2. Better graphics
3. Minimal lag
4. Does not hog RAM and VIrtual Memory with all those graphics.
5. All consoles are meant to handle extreme graphics, computer, not so much.

You obviously have never gotten a decent system together.

Wow, we don't get the dumbed down version of Civ. OH NOES!!

Dude, it's easier to carry around my DS then it is my laptop. Besides, if I want the full flavor of Civ, that's what the laptop's for.

(and neat Avatar)

But what's the deal with this game?! I mean what this game is? Adventure civilization? Game preview reveal a very little for me.

..or did they took my idea Civ Campaign :p

I dont care if its 'dumbed down', I can play real civ on the PC and simplified civ on the PSP when I am on the go. Its probably better if its simplified for a portable because I dont have the time for a full game of real civ when I am playing for quick periods of time on a portable device. I say bravo to Firaxis for finally filling in this niche need. :goodjob:

This is the civilization for 12 year olds.

Avoid at all costs unless you happen to be a 12 year old or simply an unabashed moron.

Hey I happen to be 12! What do you have against 12 year olds? I am able to play civ 4 on warlords setting ( I am not stupid), and have no interest in buying the crossover!!!

I dont care if its 'dumbed down', I can play real civ on the PC and simplified civ on the PSP when I am on the go. Its probably better if its simplified for a portable because I dont have the time for a full game of real civ when I am playing for quick periods of time on a portable device. I say bravo to Firaxis for finally filling in this niche need. :goodjob:

Fair enough. :p

Jesus Christ, what's with all the elitists? I think it's great that they're expanding the market for the game, in addition to make it portable. There's no reason to whine about it not appearing on PCs, because that's not at all what its for. When Civ V comes around, I'm certain it'll be as complex as your heart desires. For now, why not people who like less cerebral games have a chance to enjoy Civillization?

Jesus Christ, what's with all the elitists? I think it's great that they're expanding the market for the game, in addition to make it portable.

I got nothing against them doing for the consoles. More power to them. What pi$$es me is their dumb disregard for the traditional strategy platform, ie, the PC... :mad:

I got nothing against them doing for the consoles. More power to them. What pi$$es me is their dumb disregard for the traditional strategy platform, ie, the PC... :mad:

The thing is, this game is geared directly FOR consoles. It's streamlined, simplified and compacted. Releasing it on the PC would be disastorous, because people would take it as the succesor to Civ IV, which it ISN'T. People would expect a far more complex product, and they'd end up getting a simplified that was built for consoles, and not PCs.

I'm almost certain that they will release a Civ V that will be everything we expect from a sequel to Civ IV, and I'm equally certain it'd be released for the PC.

Hey I happen to be 12! What do you have against 12 year olds? I am able to play civ 4 on warlords setting ( I am not stupid), and have no interest in buying the crossover!!!

Ha, many apologies then. Even 12 year olds realize how dumb this game is going to be. :lol:

You assume it will suck because it's a console game, you fail.

You obviously have never gotten a decent system together.

You assume his rig is substandard. He could have a great machine but since it's not a big name brand it might have bugs when playing the game which initially had some compatibility issues.

Anyway....I'm so glad that Firaxis decided to venture into the console game industry. I believe the die hard Civ. grognards will never be satisfied but open minded gamers should value Revolutions. This game may even reach a greater audience and convert some console gamers into PC gamers just to have a go at CivIV BtS. ;)

Now I suppose I shouldn't open the can of worms by asking on which system will Revolutions rock the most on? :mischief:

I never said it was bad... I just said I wouldn't buy it. It is good for people who dont have the right computers to run civ4 or want to play it on the go. Also, its a more fluid gameplay style... its not meant for serious gamers, but as a way to get to a different population of gamers and people, who like I said, are tired of getting super lag on the consoles. Also, it has a different way of playing.

Try putting good graphics on wii.

(NOTE: THIS POSTER IS THE PROUD OWNER OF A WII)

You assume his rig is substandard. He could have a great machine but since it's not a big name brand it might have bugs when playing the game which initially had some compatibility issues.

Anyway....I'm so glad that Firaxis decided to venture into the console game industry. I believe the die hard Civ. grognards will never be satisfied but open minded gamers should value Revolutions. This game may even reach a greater audience and convert some console gamers into PC gamers just to have a go at CivIV BtS. ;)

Now I suppose I shouldn't open the can of worms by asking on which system will Revolutions rock the most on? :mischief:

You bring up a valid point, that might have been their strategy at first, get more people into CIV4.

I personally like xbox360 better but it will be interesting to see how Firaxis use the ps3''s 6 axis controller.

Xbox 360 version will pwn the ps3 version. I mean look at all the other multi-platform games. 360 has the better version everytime.

EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT STUPID CIV ON CONSOL, it is almost a garuntee SUCK... but feast your eyes on THIS!...

h3_06_1920_wider.jpg

now COME ON, CIV on CONSOL?! or MASTER CHIEF on CONSOL!?

go get HALO 3 so i can own your asses online!

Moderator Action: Warned for trolling - take a look at the forum rules during your week off.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I hate this console-only mania. No PCversion!? So now Firaxis spits on the platform that made it rich?!
The PC version is easy-to-copy.
And I think there is a contract behind the scene. Between the console factories, and the Firaxis. Who knows?

This is the civilization for 12 year olds.

Avoid at all costs unless you happen to be a 12 year old or simply an unabashed moron.

You seem to forget CivFanatics is 99% 12 year olds...

----------------------

The game is designed to take a highly successful PC based game into the massive and growing cosole market.

Hmmm... Revolutions looks like it'll be somewhat neat yet...

I won't judge based only on concept art.

I'm wondering what the commercials'd be like....
Hopefully they'd be pretty cool!

Top Bottom