Whats the deal with this game

How have we managed to decend into fanboy leetness so soon?

I think it looks like it will be cool game and I'm guessing that it will differ enough from PC Civ to warrant giving it a shot.
Also, if you're distinguishing video games - of all things - between games that are for kids and games that are for grown ups you're probably not as mature as you think you are.
They're just video games!

I think it looks like it will be cool game and I'm guessing that it will differ enough from PC Civ to warrant giving it a shot.
Also, if you're distinguishing video games - of all things - between games that are for kids and games that are for grown ups you're probably not as mature as you think you are.
They're just video games!
:goodjob:

Good point! for the haters, if you're so mentally superior go find a cure for cancer, produce a fusion reaction with more power than went into it, or build the frikin' Starship Enterprise... instead of wasting your time playing silly computer games.

:goodjob:

... wasting your time playing silly computer games.

Lots of money in these silly computer games! I mean, even after you get the space
elevator built, people will still be playing silly computer games on the trip up and back.
In fact, I think I'll help build Wall Street, what's Firaxis' stock going for these days?

How would the controls work, I wonder?

I imagine not, but all console games are like that an they survive.. look at Morrowind on the Xbox.. modification was MASSIVE part of that game.. same with FPS like halflife etc

anyhow on a more serious note... you couldnt have civ 4 as is on console, navigation of controls would be a nightmare with minimal shortcut keys. So they HAVE to change it to release it on console. And changed it enough to warrant a name change aswell which is thumbs up for effort from me, for not just porting and chopping civ 4 in half.

Most of us would prefer to play original civ 4 on pc for the depth, but there are a lot of people out there that play console and never touched civ. its a huge market, and if you think back, the original civ was very simple compared to civ 4 alone, not even including expanions. It's all about the gameplay that makes it fun! :)

My consideration is multiplayer? I assume they would be aiming at online multiplayer? you have to admit it would be fun to play some counter strike leet and show him what real gaming is about :)

And yer, also would get more interest in civ as a franchise, and that is always a good thing no? it's so hard to go to a lan party and convince anyone to play civ you know? So i'm supporting this, and just think, you don't have to buy it for yourself, you buy it for your console playing friend or family member for xmas or a birthday :D

Stop . .. .. .. .. .in' about how Civ: Revolution is going to suck.

1. You know that Sid Meier and Firaxis crank out quality games, and PC ports to consoles have been successful. Look at C&C3!

2. Regardless if it does suck, it will bring more people into the gaming fold, whether their parents like it or not. Not everyone can afford high-end PCs.

3. Noone will expect a dumbed-down strategy game to appear on PCs. That would be a foolish mistake.

4. I think Xavier Von Erck hates 12 year olds because he kept on getting pwned on Civ3/4 by 12 year olds. :D :joke:

Lots of money in these silly computer games! I mean, even after you get the space
elevator built, people will still be playing silly computer games on the trip up and back.
In fact, I think I'll help build Wall Street, what's Firaxis' stock going for these days?

You're right computer games aren't as silly as Mel Gibson :lol:

Did that. Can I go back to Civ, please?

Forgive me I should have used all civ metaphors, go discover the technology for the cure to cancer, invest research into fusion, and be the first to win the space race by sending a ship to Alpha Centauri ;)

the game looks like its going to be fun and if i had a console i wuld buy it in a heartbeat in fact if it was released on the psp that might inspire me to buy one but i couldnt buy a ds i am pejudiced against nintendo.

U fool! Nintendo DS and Wii are the best!!!

Hey please come on ! "Whats the big deal with this game" was topic and 75% replies tell how someone is 12 years old. Dont get me wrong, i dont like those "YEAaa CommeEE oon my consonle pwnzorx pc!!!1" -guys. Mayby mods should post own forum about members ages :). Or then admins might use their power to remove those, who cant behave here. I absolutely vote this forum to be more adult. Thank you!

Krizzu

I really hope Firaxis design this game right. It has the promise of the best civ for multi-player. Even though civ4 was designed with multi-player in mind, in reality it's just take too much time to play a whole game. Not many gamers are willing stay in a game for hours knowing they are in a losing position. So most games (ladders) is a race to who have the highest score in 100-150 turns. Hopefully with Rev the space race will actually be a factor in multi-player.

I think the best way to tell who Civ Revolutions appeals to is to look at this thread:

All the people who can't even put together full coherent sentences or spell properly like the idea of Civ Revolutions.

The people who don't want the game "simplified" and are mad that they are not working on Civ 5 can communicate like an actual human person.

Coincidence?

With that all being said, I wish they were working on Civ 5, but as far as Civ Revolutions goes...as long as they don't try to make it Civ 5 but a totally different game all together, and they are not abandoning the PC...then I GUESS I am OK with it. Only problem is that if I remember right, Sid said some pretty stupid things that indicated he likes consoles, so I can only hope that Civ as we know it isn't going to die.

Top Bottom