Wonder Graphics: Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
Hello, again! :salute:

After a break of long time was inspired to do this Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore located in Florence, Italy. I saw this documentary about de Medici's. Medici bank etc. will be my next one. :)

EDIT: Good old Rufus T. Firefly made another spiffy splash. It's here!

Have fun,

Ukas

Attachments

• DuomobU.zip
    90.2 KB · Views: 456
WONDERFULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

IMHO, this is one of the best graphics ever done :goodjob:

I think I've found my favorite city improvement graphics. :) I really, really like that.

Ukas said:
Hello, again! :salute:

After a break of long time was inspired to do this Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore located in Florence, Italy. I saw this documentary about de Medici's. Medici bank etc. will be my next one. :)

Have fun,

Ukas

Welcome back, old friend.

So, it's time to make some new splashes for me... ;)

One of my favorite cathedrals - now in Civ!!! :) Yehaa!!! Thanks, Ukas and welcome back!

Thanks for hearty welcomes, again! :lol:

Certainly will be here more. The hard drive accident I had in June almost drove me crazy, so I thought I'll do something else for a while than work with computator. Summer here was really rainy and cold, but alltogether it went pretty well.

I do agree the dome looks tilted, but when I studied different photos of the building I noticed, that in some light it actually does. The white arches are surprisingly wide and they will with the help of some light and shadow create that effect. While repainting and editing the work I took the liberty to lessen that effect, but left some of it just for the hawk-eyed ones here.

I think I will replace the default cathedral with this one. Simply marvelous. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom