This simple mod switches the ancient Egyptian civilization's ethnicity from Mediterranean to African, since it is supposed to represent the indigenous pre-Islamic (that is, African) culture. As of now unit graphics, unit icons in the game's interface, and city graphics have all been changed.
NOTE TO USERS WITH POLAND DLC:
If you have the Poland DLC enabled together with this mod, it may screw up the architecture of all civilizations other than Egypt. To make my mod compatible with the Poland DLC, you MUST:
1) Move the Poland_DLC_Cultures.artdef file from this mod's Artdefs folders into the ...Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/DLC/Poland_Jadwiga/Artdefs folder (in other words, the Artdefs folder that came with the Poland DLC)
2) Rename Poland_DLC_Cultures.artdef to simply Cultures.artdef, thereby replacing the Cultures.artdef file already in the game.
3) This should "patch up" the Poland DLC so that my mod can work alongside it.
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
African Egyptians 1.0
Switches the Egyptian civilization's ethnicity to African.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with the Poland DLC Jan 13, 2017
- Architecture changes and bug fix Jan 3, 2017
- Update #1: Managed to change unit graphics outside interface Jan 3, 2017