Resource icon

JRandomNames v0.41 Beta 2016-10-05

Civ4 v1.61 and Warlords comapable.
Last updated September 19, 2006

JRandomNames Mod Thread

I've always like naming my units, or atleast them having names, but most of the naming mods I've seen fit a small portion of the units and just seem weird on the rest of them.

Take two of the best naming mods out there, Random Civilization Names by TheLopez and NexusNames by Nexus as used in Unit Statistics by Teg Navanis.

The civ specific names in TheLopez's name mod are great for settlers, workers, and most early era land units, but it just seems weird to me to have tank, galleons, and such named Booker and Fredrick.

On the other side, Nexus's naming system works great for later era military units, but it's names don't work well for non military units and early era units. Maybe its just me, but I can't connect with a warrior named 1st army 2nd corp 8th div, just doesn't do it for me.

This is why I have written this mod. It takes all the naming mods I can find and incorporates them together. On top of just throwing these mods together, I have also whipped up a highly configurable ini options that allow you to control what form of naming is used with what units.

Note: v0.4 and later requires no active actions from the user, just install in the appropriate places and play.
Author
Jeckel
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Jeckel

Top Bottom