Saph's East Asia (TSL)
- Enormous East Asia Plus:
This map covers East Asia and peripheral areas including Lake Baikal, Outer Manchuria, South Asia (India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh), and Southeast Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia etc).
- Sections of all sizes:
The full map is Enormous, but if you are less ambitious, 18 sections of the map are available as smaller maps.
- True Starting Locations:
20 official civs/leaders, 6 city states & 5 natural wonders (plus 6 custom wonders) are placed at their real world locations.
- Support for custom civs & city states:
TSLs are included for 37 custom civs/leaders & 40 custom city states. Their locations are marked on this Google map.
- Toggleable navigable rivers:
Each of the rivers Yangtze, Pearl, Ganges, Brahmaputra, Mekong, Amur and Yellow River can be turned from normal rivers to coastal tiles during set-up, allowing naval units to traverse deep into land while creating obstacles for land units.
- Choke points:
In addition to the presence of navigable rivers, choke points are also created by careful placement of mountain tiles on land, & island tiles at sea. Plan your tactical maneuvers carefully!
- Map generated floodplains:
This YnAMP-based map has map-generated river floodplains, so dam construction and flooding events are possible.
Map size: Full map is 80 x 130 (Enormous). See all 19 map sections.
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
- Religion Expanded: This adds enough beliefs to vanilla's 20 so that you won't get locked if you are playing with more than 20 civs but haven't chosen a belief.
- Prismatic - Color and Jersey Overhaul: This adds enough jersey colors so that you can play with more than 20 civs in one game. Otherwise some civs will get transparent colors.
Official civs with TSL
- China: Qin (Xi'an) & Kublai Khan (Beijing)
- India: Gandhi (Allahabad) & Chandragupta (Patna)
- Japan: Hojo (Kyoto) & Tokugawa (Tokyo)
- Mongolia: Genghis Khan (Qaraqorum) & Kublai Khan (Xanadu)
All the following civs (except Russia) can start in the ocean if you have Ocean Start for All.
- America (Manila or Shanghai)
- England (Calcutta or Hong Kong or Shanghai)
- France (Saigon)
- Germany (Kiautschou)
- Netherlands (Jakarta or Fort Zeelandia, Taiwan)
- Portugal (Cochin or Malacca or Macau)
- Russia (Irkutsk or Vladivostok)
- Spain (Manila or San Salvador, Taiwan)
- Maori (starts in the Pacific)
Official city states with TSL
Ayutthaya, Bandar Brunei, Hong Kong, Kandy, Nalanda (X Chandragupta), Singapore
Note: City states with (X civ/leader) will not spawn if the civ/leader specified is present
Custom Civs & City States
37 custom civs & 40 custom city states have TSL on this map.
To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
- Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's East Asia (TSL) --> Advanced Setup
- Turn on Only Civilizations/City States with TSL (or Turn off if you want to play with custom city states)
- Adjust the number of civs, city states & religions in the game to your liking.
- Manually pick the civs to play as/against or leave them random.
- Map Section: Select among the 19 available sections to play.
- Select Natural Wonders: Leave it at Everything / Uncheck the ones that you don't want to appear
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatland for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Civilization Placement: Choose True Starting Locations for accurate historical placement / Map Generator for random placement
- Enforce TSL: AI if you don't want the AI to stray from their TSLs
- Use Leaders TSL when available & Use Alternative TSL if required and available: On
- Allow random placement for civs without TSL: Off (You can turn it on if you want random placement for civs not in the list above)
- Normal volcano at Krakatoa/Fuji: Enable this if you are NOT using Terra Mirabilis and/or Sukritact's Fuji.
- Navigable Rivers: Check the rivers that you want to turn into coastal tiles for naval units.
- Real City Naming: On (This is only for the capitals for several civs which do not start at their actual capitals e.g. Arabia at Mecca)
- No Duplicate Civilizations/Leaders: Off, if you want to have, e.g. both Hojo and Tokugawa, or both Chinese and Mongolian Kublai Khan, at the same time.
This map is made possible by Gedemon's YnAMP & Zobtzler's YnABMC.