Vietcong! by Techumseh

Vietcong! by Techumseh 2.1

Techumseh`s Vietcong! scenario for FW converted to Test of Time.
Vietcong! is intended to be played as the North Vietnamese only.
There are a couple of things that are a bit different from most scenarios. The first is the use of technologies to control events. The Americans are given all of the wonders that speed up the development of technology, so they move from one to another fairly quickly. They follow a specific progression and each tech. corresponds to a distinct phase of the war. They are: Escalation, Vietnamization, Peace with Honor, Troop Withdrawal and Paris Peace Accords. Each has its own effect on the game, which is realized through the events text and Westmoreland's Workshop. In the Grunts! module these techs are given to the Americans on specific turns. This is so the American player can't reduce his science rate to avoid the Troop Withdrawal and Paris Peace Accords technologies.
I used the wonder Westmoreland's Workshop (Leonardo's Workshop) to solve the second problem of the game, American withdrawal. It is easy to handle the build-up of forces just by means of the events text. But you can't use it to eliminate certain types of units if they haven't been lost in combat. So I made American ground units obsolete with the advent of the Troop Withdrawal tech. They are replaced with the refugee unit that has no combat value. Westmoreland's Workshop (Leonardo's Workshop) then automatically replaces all American ground units with refugees. Similarly, the Paris Peace Accords technology causes the replacement of American air and naval units with evacuation helicopters and boat people. It's not perfect, but I think it works.
  • Vietcong.png
    Vietcong.png
    838.2 KB · Views: 512
Author
gapetit
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from gapetit